HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Crosby/Ovechkin Video on the Net?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2003, 07:45 PM
  #76
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman


That was even better than Legg's. Did it alot smoother too.
And he didn't had a lot of time to do it!

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 08:05 PM
  #77
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,521
vCash: 500

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 08:47 PM
  #78
Heat McManus
Registered User
 
Heat McManus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,407
vCash: 500
sweet mother of mary.

Heat McManus is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 08:59 PM
  #79
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
Holy $hit....that Is Amazing

Fedz is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 09:14 PM
  #80
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,390
vCash: 500
I'm not taking sides here, but to say that Ovechkin's better because he's playing in a men's league isn't much of an argument. Who's to say Crosby couldn't be doing just as well as Ovechkin if he was playing in the same league? Using the different leagues to compare them doesn't work.

Seachd is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 11:14 PM
  #81
SpezNc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
I'm not taking sides here, but to say that Ovechkin's better because he's playing in a men's league isn't much of an argument. Who's to say Crosby couldn't be doing just as well as Ovechkin if he was playing in the same league? Using the different leagues to compare them doesn't work.
FOPPA FOPPA FOPPA

At 4, you're not as physically strong as 7 when Ovechkin start..

Komisarek started at ten
Tootoo at 13.. So who care?

SpezNc is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 11:31 PM
  #82
skatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Skelleftea,sweden
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Crosby = Daigle......

skatman is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 04:37 AM
  #83
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatman
Crosby = Daigle......
Don't reply if you want to say .... like that

You never seen him play and you're starting to judge this 16 boy who dominates the Q ?

Cariboux is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 05:11 AM
  #84
skatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Skelleftea,sweden
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
Don't reply if you want to say .... like that

You never seen him play and you're starting to judge this 16 boy who dominates the Q ?

i few clips is enough......he looks just like D.Chitikov

skatman is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 05:54 AM
  #85
L3DZ3P
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Trois-Rivières,Qc
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatman
i few clips is enough......he looks just like D.Chitikov
Those poor swedish are juste jealous because they have no upcoming superstar and their program keep going down.

L3DZ3P is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 08:28 AM
  #86
Hitman*
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 4,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatman
Crosby = Daigle......
and Ovechkin = Volchkov. what's your point?

Hitman* is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 09:22 AM
  #87
Foppa_Rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Earth...how about you?
Country: United States
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
I think the central fact is that Ovechkin has proven more. That's all there is to it. Crosby has yet to prove himself internationally or against anyone but children. We'll see at the WJC.

Foppa_Rules is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 09:24 AM
  #88
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa_Rules
I think the central fact is that Ovechkin has proven more. That's all there is to it. Crosby has yet to prove himself internationally or against anyone but children. We'll see at the WJC.
Has he had the chance? he is 2 years younger than Ovechkin.

Let me ask you. Say Crosby gets 7 pts in 7 games at the up coming world juniors, will you think he is better than Ovechkin because Alex got 7 in 7 being a year older?

LaLaLaprise is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 10:28 AM
  #89
moosefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by La-La-Laprise
Has he had the chance? he is 2 years younger than Ovechkin.

Let me ask you. Say Crosby gets 7 pts in 7 games at the up coming world juniors, will you think he is better than Ovechkin because Alex got 7 in 7 being a year older?
there is no sense trying to even get this guy to see reason, he is blind only to one player it seems.

moosefan is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 10:49 AM
  #90
gb701
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa_Rules
I think the central fact is that Ovechkin has proven more. That's all there is to it. Crosby has yet to prove himself internationally or against anyone but children. We'll see at the WJC.
You are right. You will see.

And then can we finally move on?

gb701 is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 10:59 AM
  #91
Bud The Spud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: the dark side
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb701
You are right. You will see.

And then can we finally move on?
Probably not. There will always be a debate.

Bud The Spud* is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 11:20 AM
  #92
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by La-La-Laprise
Has he had the chance? he is 2 years younger than Ovechkin.
He's only had 1 chance (u-18 in august) but failed to dominate like Ovechkin did at the same age.

Zine is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 11:47 AM
  #93
Aver33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: BC at some point
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Aver33
Dear God...

http://www.recklesscaution.com/CrosbyGoal.wmv

lets see Ovechkin do that?!

Aver33 is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 11:55 AM
  #94
target
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: nova scotia
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine
He's only had 1 chance (u-18 in august) but failed to dominate like Ovechkin did at the same age.
Your wrong! Ovechkin was 17 when he was at the U18 not 16, at 16 he was at the U17 in Manitoba. No matter what Crosby does it never enough for some people...oh well thats their problem and they look bad!

target is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 12:01 PM
  #95
skatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Skelleftea,sweden
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver33
Dear God...

http://www.recklesscaution.com/CrosbyGoal.wmv

lets see Ovechkin do that?!



Give me 2 weeks and i will do that for you....

skatman is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 12:10 PM
  #96
CSKA
Registered User
 
CSKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver33
Dear God...

http://www.recklesscaution.com/CrosbyGoal.wmv

lets see Ovechkin do that?!
Mike Legg did that too ......... So whats your point ? Legg is the next Gretzky or what ? oh boy ...........

CSKA is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 12:12 PM
  #97
KariyaIsGod*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatman
Give me 2 weeks and i will do that for you....
NO you won't. Not against quality hockey players in a game situation.

KariyaIsGod* is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 12:17 PM
  #98
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
Your wrong! Ovechkin was 17 when he was at the U18 not 16, at 16 he was at the U17 in Manitoba. No matter what Crosby does it never enough for some people...oh well thats their problem and they look bad!
No, I think Crosby is an awsome talent. The kid will be an absolute superstar. But like Foppa says, he hasn't displayed that same domination against higher level (a year older) international competition like Ovechkin has. With both players in different developmental leagues, international competition is the only way to really compare the two (if one really can).

Crosby supporters continually are saying "wait and see, he'll show how good he is at the WJC". But to make a valid argument, one must use facts -- not "wait and see". And up to this point, Crosby has not dominated (in his international appearence) the way Ovechkin always does. Those are the facts, no more no less.

Zine is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 01:55 PM
  #99
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,944
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine
No, I think Crosby is an awsome talent. The kid will be an absolute superstar. But like Foppa says, he hasn't displayed that same domination against higher level (a year older) international competition like Ovechkin has. With both players in different developmental leagues, international competition is the only way to really compare the two (if one really can).

Crosby supporters continually are saying "wait and see, he'll show how good he is at the WJC". But to make a valid argument, one must use facts -- not "wait and see". And up to this point, Crosby has not dominated (in his international appearence) the way Ovechkin always does. Those are the facts, no more no less.
Then do you think Crosby would benefit from playing a season in a European league (Finland or Sweden -> less language problems there) before his draft year or would it "diminish his status" too much if he wasn't able to put up reasonable numbers with plenty of ice time?

Jussi is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 02:01 PM
  #100
Sweeney
Registered User
 
Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rimouski
Country: Canada
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
just come and see the way crosby play then you will shut your mouth

Crosby have great skill and the russian prospect is just another guy like Kovalchuk, so he will be a superstar but not the way Crosby will be, Crosby will be the best and he have prove it anywhere he have been since he have 8 years old

Sweeney is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.