Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Generals blow big lead

Old
11-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Marchy63

vCash: 500
Generals blow big lead

The Oshawa Generals had a 4 goal lead over Owen Sound in the second period but still found a way to lose. To make things worse the Attack were missing a few of their better players.

Also goalie Carlo DiRienzo has asked the team to trade him, but I'm not sure if they will get that done or not. It's funny, when the Gens lose with Carlo in net it's his fault, when they lose with Peters in net it;s the teams fault. I don't know why Carlo wants to leave.

Marchy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Carlo quite simply is not an OHL calibre goalie....But I dont think Peters is a quality OHL goalie, but he is only 15 years old if he was born a day later he would have been still playing AAA in Ontario. He should be the teams backup and the Generals need to find a goalie who is marginal for this season atleast. I have heard they are trying to get a goalie from college but that is just speculation around here and I dont want to start anything or name names.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Marchy63

They have former Owen Sound goalie Russ Brownell practicing with them now, but they haven't signed him. I'm not blaming Peters, I think that the coach has to watch what he says especially when he is the one who picked the players. Carlo is a good backup goalie but not a #1. Oshawa got rid all their other goalies last season so that made Peters the #2 and Carlo the #1. I don't see how a coach can complain about how bad the one goalie is, when the team plays the same defensively in front of both of them.

Old
11-23-2006, 01:09 PM
FearTheFlyers

It was a funny game. Oshawa got up 4-0 and without Lewis and Sanguinetti, Bobby Ryan decided he didn't want to lose, scored a natural hat-trick then set up 2 more, a hustle goal from the checking line mixed in and it was 6-4.

Strange.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Marchy63

I turned it off at that point and found out later that Owen Sound scored 8 unanswered goals to win.

Old
11-23-2006, 01:32 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

I haven't seen a lot of Generals games, but the ones I've seen this year, it's been a case of the defense hanging the goalie out to dry. No goalie, even the best in the league, is going to win games that way.

It was an ugly game from Oshawa's perspective, but you have to give Ryan credit - when he wants to, he can dominate. Especially against a young team like the Gennies.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 10:24 AM
hockeyprincess

Anthony has pedigree. He's Justin Peters' kid brother.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 10:42 AM
advantage2006

Are you really that surprised?

advantage2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 03:13 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmmmm

Oshawa simply imploded. They seem to totally lose control in all respects. Owen Sound helped a bit too.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote