HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn update

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-23-2006, 11:09 AM
  #1
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn update

I was "last channel" clicking back and forth between the Habs/Wild game and the Sarnia/London Jr game. Good night for Sergei with an interesting finish

The game was tied in OT when London took a penalty with 2 minutes left. They killed off a minute and took another penalty, which meant changing from 4 on 4 format to a 5 on 5. So it went from a 4 on 3 to a 5 on 3 in sudden death OT with a minute to go.

Kosty plays a lot on special teams including PK, for which London is ranked 1st for OHL. He came out to aggressively challenge the high slot point man for Sarnia. He stripped him of the puck, went in alone and deaked to the left drawing the goalie out and roofed it. A 5 on 3 shorty unassisted winner in OT. He also assisted on the other 3 goals in the 4 to 3 final.

Quite the performance.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:19 AM
  #2
24cups1team
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ont.
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 24cups1team
great to hear...what channel was the london game on??

24cups1team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:22 AM
  #3
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,915
vCash: 500
Kosty-lite is awesome.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:28 AM
  #4
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
J/W, is Siergei playing on the same line as Gagner?

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 02:03 PM
  #5
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,355
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityhab View Post
great to hear...what channel was the london game on??
He most likley has the cogeco or rogers sports pack which includes all OHL games.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 02:14 PM
  #6
Aarex
Registered User
 
Aarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,274
vCash: 500
Yet
1. LDN - 1 Steve Mason
2. SAR - 59 Trevor Kell
3. LDN - 24 Sergei Kostitsyn

Figure that out, Sergei gets 4 points including a unassisted OT winner and is only good for 3rd star?

The 2nd star guy had 1 goal 1 assist and a -1 on the night
Sergei was 1 goal 3 assist and a +3

Mason of course was london's goalie who stopped 38 out or 41 shots.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 02:20 PM
  #7
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post
Yet
1. LDN - 1 Steve Mason
2. SAR - 59 Trevor Kell
3. LDN - 24 Sergei Kostitsyn

Figure that out, Sergei gets 4 points including a unassisted OT winner and is only good for 3rd star?

The 2nd star guy had 1 goal 1 assist and a -1 on the night
Sergei was 1 goal 3 assist and a +3

Mason of course was london's goalie who stopped 38 out or 41 shots.
Mason will be something special. Had him as one of my sleepers last draft, and he sure looks promising. Great job by Kosty Jr.!!!!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 02:26 PM
  #8
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,658
vCash: 500
Wow, I'm sure we've all had that dream when we were young where it's a 5 on 3 in OT and you get the breakaway. Great to hear. Keep it up SKosty!

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 02:30 PM
  #9
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
No bigger way to finish than to score a 5-3 short-handed goal with less than 1 min to go in OT!

Awesome.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 02:34 PM
  #10
Le Maroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
24 Sergei Kostitsyn (RW):

23gp 11g 22a 33p +9 26pim

4th in scoring for London, t-22nd in OHL.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 02:35 PM
  #11
Aarex
Registered User
 
Aarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Mason will be something special. Had him as one of my sleepers last draft, and he sure looks promising. Great job by Kosty Jr.!!!!
I wasn't saying mason didn't deserve 1st, what i was saying is kost at least deserved 2nd.

This isn't the first time that i've noticed him getting "shafted" on the star stat sheet, I've seen games where he had 4 assists and not make it on the list and others where hes had 1 assist and got 1st star. I realize stats don't tell the whole story, but it tells a big chunk of it.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 03:22 PM
  #12
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post
I wasn't saying mason didn't deserve 1st, what i was saying is kost at least deserved 2nd.

This isn't the first time that i've noticed him getting "shafted" on the star stat sheet, I've seen games where he had 4 assists and not make it on the list and others where hes had 1 assist and got 1st star. I realize stats don't tell the whole story, but it tells a big chunk of it.
And I wasn't saying that's what you meant....Was just saying that Mason will be something special.

As far as stars are concerns, just for being able to have the guts to play as good as he did in order to get a breakway in a 5 on 3 in overtime, I know tons of players who got the 1st star for way less than this.....It's a shame, but stars are stars, doesn't mean much.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 05:15 PM
  #13
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,377
vCash: 500
KOST PUTS IN !

new name for him

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 06:00 PM
  #14
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityhab View Post
great to hear...what channel was the london game on??
It was on cable: Ontario OHL pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
J/W, is Siergei playing on the same line as Gagner?
He has played with them, but usually Dale Hunter changes the lines a lot.

The Knights play a 5 fwd PP unit. Gagner Kane and Kosty are there. Kosty is on the point or slot point. Good shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
24 Sergei Kostitsyn (RW):

23gp 11g 22a 33p +9 26pim

4th in scoring for London, t-22nd in OHL.
Kosty was slow getting going when he came back to Jr. Kind of like Lats when he went back to the Q. He was hoping to stick in Montreal or go to Hamilton (which he would have been allowed to do if Montreal wanted to).

He is catching up in his play lately. Kosty was awesome in the OHL playoffs last year: 2nd to Rob Schremp for all OHL scorers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And I wasn't saying that's what you meant....Was just saying that Mason will be something special.

As far as stars are concerns, just for being able to have the guts to play as good as he did in order to get a breakway in a 5 on 3 in overtime, I know tons of players who got the 1st star for way less than this.....It's a shame, but stars are stars, doesn't mean much.
Whitesnake you are right.

Last year a lot of people complained when Mason sat and Adam Dennis played virtually all the games. Mason eventually got his chnance when Dennis got hurt. He faced all the good teams on an Eastern swing and was stellar. D.Rook, the London goal coach has sorta been like a Rollie the Goalie coaching type for the Knights.

Rook got Mason (who is a lanky, but big kid) to challenge the shooters and not keep his butt in the net. His glove hand is really good too. He is a Right handed catcher which I think is an advantage for a kid with a good glove. The point is, even though his game appearnaces were low, he was learning a lot in practice, got good coaching, and faced good scorers all the time like Bolland, Schremp, and Kosty.

Mason was terrific in the game, but Kosty shoulda bagged the #1 star. Lotta miniutes, PP, PK, 4 pts , game winner. He did it all.


Last edited by montreal: 11-23-2006 at 07:30 PM.
JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.