HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HabsCast

Old
11-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

vCash: 500
HabsCast

Does anybody listen to the podcast, called Habscast? (http://www.habscast.com/, or through ITunes). I think it is a fantastic idea, since I don't live in Montreal and don't hear much Canadiens talk on local radio (so I just download the podcast, and listen to it on my way to school).

The format of the show leaves a little to be desired, but I think because the show just started a few weeks ago, we can give it a bit of a break. Some of the points the guys bring up are good, others are just plain wrong, but there is plenty of room for growth. Instead of just rambling for over an hour about the Canadiens, they could maybe have different features like a prospects report, look around the league from a Canadiens perspective, etc...

I think some posters here could definitely contribute to the show, and it would become a lot better. I can just see them interviewing Dan (montreal) for a prospect recap.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Le Gros Bill

Yes, it is pretty bad. Sounds like it was done over a speaker phone in someone's basement.

Le Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 02:37 PM
22SteveBegin22

I downloaded the episode after the Florida swing (I just got an iPod so I was looking for interesting things to download)... I really like the idea of a Habs podcast, and it's cool that it's just fans who care about the Habs doing it, but the actual show is not too great. The analysis seems to be a mix of rehashed stuff they heard from the announcers while watching the game and general thoughts that anyone who follows hockey already knows (e.g. confidence is important, passing is good, the players have to work hard to win, Kovalev is talented). Plus they all kind of talk over each other a lot, and then all you can hear is whoever happens to be sitting closest to the microphone (it sounds like there's only one).

I'm sure it's a really hard format to just get some friends together and offer insightful hockey talk, and like I said it's a great idea to have a Habs fan-run podcast. But yeah... it is what it is...

22SteveBegin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 02:46 PM
TomPlex

I know these guys, they're cool guys, but I don't think they know enough about the Habs to be podcasting the subject. The one they claim knows it all believes that we haven't made it past the first round in over 10 years...

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
22SteveBegin22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
I know these guys, they're cool guys, but I don't think they know enough about the Habs to be podcasting the subject. The one they claim knows it all believes that we haven't made it past the first round in over 10 years...
Are you sure he didn't say "Benoit Brunet has gotten really round in the past 10 years"? Cuz that would be true.

22SteveBegin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
bumpy!

I enjoy these things. It's like listening to a couple of posters from here go at it. None of them have any real sources, but it's fun.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote