HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Interest in Brendan Morrison?

Old
11-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Interest in Brendan Morrison?

http://spectorshockey.net/

CHICAGO SUN-TIMES: Len Ziehm reports the Vancouver Canucks want to part with centre Brendan Morrison and would "love to pry Brent Seabrook, the 21-year-old defenseman who grew up in British Columbia, from the Hawks, who need a centerman to play with Havlat. This deal probably won't come off because Hawks general manager Dale Tallon is reluctant to part with his young players."

I doubt Seabrook would be dealt, let alone for Brendan Morrison, but does anyone think that the Hawks could have interest in him? He's slowly starting to turn his game around in Vancouver(still recovering from off-season hip surgery), so I'm not even sure how eager Nonis is to part with him, but if the Canucks hope to improve their offense, they may have to move a salary such as Morrison's out.

In any case, thought I'd post this so people could share their comments/opinions. It's most likely just the reporter creating a story around the Canucks since the two teams are playing tonight.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

I've seen this rumour/story on a couple of Hawks boards.

The general consensus is that a "Seabrook for Morrison" trade sucks balls. in fact there isn't much interest in Morrison at all from a fans point of view.

It also goes against what Tallon has been saying - he's only trading young players/prospects for a young player(s) who'll be a part of the Hawks future.

Morrison at 31yo doesn't fit.

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

More from the article..

Quote:
This deal probably won't come off because Hawks general manager Dale Tallon is reluctant to part with his young players.

''It depends on the player [offered],'' Tallon said. ''We wouldn't want one at the end of his career. To give up a prospect, you have to get a young player back.''

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

this rumor is just another product of people being bored.

they talked in it liek CHI has no C to play with havlat. Ruutu has looked pretty good to me. and he should get better and better as he gets into better shape.

with havlat set to return nov 29th i doubt CHI would be in a hurry to trade for offense. especially after they have points in their last 5 games. (3-0-2)

maybe aftre havlat gets back, if ruutu gets hurt again or havlat gets hurt again they make a deal. but i doubt they do. i think they would be wiser to sacrafice another season, put bulin on waivers and just hope everyone was healthy the next year. no need to get nuts and trade seabrook.

especially since you would be dealing from a position of weakness.

seabrook stays. period.

morrison struggled last year for long stretches and this year (obviouly getting healthy, so he should get better) i would not want to take a chance on him myself. i have never really liked his game. i would not trade a pick for him say nothing about moving seabrook.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

No No No. I would not want that guy here. Since Bertuzzi left and Naslund switched lines he's lost. Waste of time. Seabrook stays.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:17 PM
sticknrink

Why ? Handzus is way better.

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938