HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wade Brookbank

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 07:00 PM
hillbilly

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Wade Brookbank

am I the only one that thinks he should play vs. the blue jackets? I think we should go with 7 d-men and sit Stevenson and Pivko

Old
11-25-2003, 07:09 PM
PredsMan

Pivko has been re-assigned to Milwaukee

Old
11-25-2003, 07:10 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Pivko Reassigned

This must mean Walker is healthy

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?item_id=3919

Old
11-25-2003, 07:31 PM
hillbilly

I thought walker was still on the IR maybe they actually plan on dressing Brookbank. It couldn't come against a better team. Colombus is a rival and almost as tough a team as we are.

Old
11-26-2003, 12:05 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

walker was placed on IR retroactive to the night of the san jose game(saturday), so he's out at least the week required. pivko was called up to fill in if erat couldn't play. we benched tootoo to get pivko one game the other night, but tootoo will be back in action tonight. walker's injury, i hate to say, i have a feeling is going to be worse than it sounds.

Old
11-26-2003, 12:41 AM
hillbilly

To me Walker is probably the best veteran leader we have and lose his presence in the locker room is a huge blow to this team. I think a lot of the younger players really look up to him for leadership. I still don't know why he isn't captain

Old
11-26-2003, 01:41 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I too think Brookbank needs to dress tonight, but I also have confidence in Jimmy Mac, I just think Brookbank is a little more aggressive, a little meaner and even a better fighter.

Walker isn't the captain because he's hurt way too much.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:05 AM
hillbilly

I was figuring it might have something to do with his injuries. I don't think Brookbank is a bigger fighter and McKenzie is far more experienced. plus Brookbank is a little light to be a legit heavy in the NHL or atleast an elite heavy in this league IMO. He's going to have a really hard time with guys like Laraque and Brashear. I think McKenzie would do far better against those elite guys

Old
11-26-2003, 06:27 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

How is 6'4" 225 light? We've seen Brookbank go toe to toe with, Goddard (225), Burnett (235), Low (228), and Shelly (228) , all are top heavy weights, he destroyed Cummins (220), the kid hasn't lost a fight yet as a Nashville Predator.

BTW, Brashear is 6'2" 225lbs

Old
11-26-2003, 07:47 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
How is 6'4" 225 light? We've seen Brookbank go toe to toe with, Goddard (225), Burnett (235), Low (228), and Shelly (228) , all are top heavy weights, he destroyed Cummins (220), the kid hasn't lost a fight yet as a Nashville Predator.

BTW, Brashear is 6'2" 225lbs
I agree Brookbank has done very well in the fighting department, so he should definately be in the lineup tonight.

Old
11-26-2003, 10:47 AM
hillbilly

he is listed as 219 on the web site. I think he would be ragdolled by both Laraque and Brashear. I could be wrong and I would really really be hoping I was though. It doesn't look good for Brookbank though because of this latest signing. I really hope he dresses tonight

Old
11-26-2003, 06:41 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Tonights game is exaclty why we need Brookbank, our players were cheap shotted behind the play all night, McKenzie did nothing.

Old
11-27-2003, 12:17 AM
hillbilly

Quote:
Tonights game is exaclty why we need Brookbank, our players were cheap shotted behind the play all night, McKenzie did nothing.
I've been a huge fan of fighting since I've been watching hockey and my only complaint on Jimmy Mac was that in his last few years in jersey he seemed kind of complaicent(sp) towards the end of there. also I'm surprised Allison didn't drop the gloves tonight. When Shelley and Grand Pierre were coming after Tootoo McKenzie and Allison were both there I was definately expecting fire works. Dang I miss Brookbank :mad:

Old
11-27-2003, 03:06 AM
belle

Quote:
With a little less than 2 minutes playing time, how much more than nothing would you expect? (Well, he also spent 5 minutes in the penalty box for a dancing match.)

In July, I thought signing Mac was a solid, positive move. Now I'm wondering if we just picked him up to be a good guy/role model for the young-uns.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:00 AM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle
With a little less than 2 minutes playing time, how much more than nothing would you expect? (Well, he also spent 5 minutes in the penalty box for a dancing match.)

In July, I thought signing Mac was a solid, positive move. Now I'm wondering if we just picked him up to be a good guy/role model for the young-uns.
If Jimmy Mac Gets mad before he fights he can absolutely throw down with the best of em, but he seems to fight with little emotion now

Old
11-27-2003, 05:09 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle

He was out there a few times with shelley, once right after Shelley cheap shotted Erat and he did nothing.

Old
11-29-2003, 08:13 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
He was out there a few times with shelley, once right after Shelley cheap shotted Erat and he did nothing.
I saw the cheap shot too. Shelley was taking liberties all night that night.

Closed Thread