HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should we have drafted in the last draft?

Old
11-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Ipousse Lapuck

vCash: 500
Who should we have drafted in the last draft?

Be honest, who do you guys think we should have drafted in the 2006 draft? I wanted 1-Chris Summers (a fast, mean and gifted 2 way defenseman) 2-Patrick Berglund (A big skilled center like Mats Sundin) ( Look at the video he's SOO good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZuwREflXlU ) and I wanted them to draft Mathieu Perreault and Mathieu Carle since I do the stats for the Titans I've seen them play and Perreault was really impressive, and Carle too. Who did you wanted the Habs to draft?

Ipousse Lapuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipousse Lapuck View Post
Be honest, who do you guys think we should have drafted in the 2006 draft? I wanted 1-Chris Summers (a fast, mean and gifted 2 way defenseman) 2-Patrick Berglund (A big skilled center like Mats Sundin) ( Look at the video he's SOO good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZuwREflXlU ) and I wanted them to draft Mathieu Perreault and Mathieu Carle since I do the stats for the Titans I've seen them play and Perreault was really impressive, and Carle too. Who did you wanted the Habs to draft?
I was on the Berglund bandwagon. Or Giroux......Didn't know Fischer that much.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 07:51 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I was on the Berglund bandwagon. Or Giroux......Didn't know Fischer that much.
I saw Fischer at the rookie camp. Good pick imo. The kid has tools and can skate like the wind. He's also a natural leader and all the players liked him and were listening to him. And he's a right-handed defenseman. He just needs to fill out.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I saw Fischer at the rookie camp. Good pick imo. The kid has tools and can skate like the wind. He's also a natural leader and all the players liked him and were listening to him. And he's a right-handed defenseman. He just needs to fill out.
Was there too, at the development camp for the whole week, and out of the 06' pick was by far the most impressive. Biggest problems for him in my opinion was his shot and his stickhandling at high speed. Was really tough to beat 1 on 1, great skater, nice fluid strides, I liked him a lot. Great spirit, was often take in exemple for the other players, even though he was a rookie at that camp. Always a smile but working hard at the same time.

But at the draft time, I had no idea who he was.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Fischer is no fun because I haven't seen him so I can only go with blind faith. Hopefully he'll get on TV a few times later in the season, Minnesota is usually a popular choice.

Ty Wishart would have satisfied me. There were some things about Summers that seemed interesting, and we could have stayed with the trade-down option to still get him too. At least I saw him briefly on the WU-18 game, but not enough to be really sold. I also liked the sounds of Carl Sneep in that scenario, but like Fischer, never saw him. I wouldn't have complained about Giroux, mind you, but I'm glad we went with D instead. I guess we could have saved ourselves some heartache vis-a-vis Team Canada and the Price controversies if we had picked Leland Irving.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 09:55 PM
TornACL

I wanted the Canadiens to draft...what was his name?...humm....aaah!...Claude Giroux

TornACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Talent Analyst

Claude Giroux and Simon Danis-Pepin

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 11:16 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Was there too, at the development camp for the whole week, and out of the 06' pick was by far the most impressive. Biggest problems for him in my opinion was his shot and his stickhandling at high speed. Was really tough to beat 1 on 1, great skater, nice fluid strides, I liked him a lot. Great spirit, was often take in exemple for the other players, even though he was a rookie at that camp. Always a smile but working hard at the same time.

But at the draft time, I had no idea who he was.
Yep, we saw the same guy. But he's American, so he's a bit behind. He's not Kovalev, but his stick was pretty good for an American kid who is still getting used to his new body.

I saw him get off a rocket or two, but for the most part his shot was not consistent. There is potential there too though, especially when he puts on weight.

They drafted him for when his body fills out, not for now.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote