HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jacket Report

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2003, 05:48 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Blue Jacket Report

For right now, I live in Louisville, and I get all the CBJ games on Fox Sports- Ohio. Thought I'd post some info on the team, maybe spark some trade ideas.

First, I have no idea why this team is not doing better. I know that they play a lot of games against Detroit and St. Louis, but the team is playing .400 hockey right now. And they've looked much better than that. Maybe some bad luck right now.

Their first line is Sanderson-Cassels-Vyborny. Really fast. Sanderson is playing with a ton of confidence reunited with Cassels. They've been the most dangerous line on the ice each game I've seen, even last week in their home and away against Detroit.

Second line is Rick Nash-Marchant-Trevor Letowski. Columbus really needs a RW, as many of Nash's set-up passes are wasted. About Nash: he's the real deal, better than I thought he'd be. Not only is he the big, hitting PF that we'd expect, but he completely controls the game when he's on the ice. Great passer, accurate shooter. But what most impresses me is his ability to slow the game down, ala Super Mario. Just dominant. If he had a good RW, he could take a run at the scoring title. All his great passes go unfinished.

Malhotra was a geat pickup. He scored again last night. He plays like a linebacker. Great skater. He centers the BJ third line.

Dan Fritsche has been a surprise for the team. They expected Zherdev to make the club, not Fritsche though. Good wheels, pretty gritty, plays with energy. Scored his first goal four games ago against Detroit.

Darryl Sydor is playing well. His time in Dallas' defensive system is evident in his game. Playing well.

Rusty Klesla is progressing well for the team. Plays like a run-away train. A lot like Jovanovski: puck-rushing skills are similar, and both like to crash the net. Jovo hits a bit harder, Klesla doesn't make as many mistakes in his own end. Klesla has two assists last night, one a nice pass to spring Malhotra on a breakaway.

JL Grand-Pierre is not longer playing D. He's playing RW on their fourth line, and he's playing real well. He and Laraque were killing each other a couple nights ago, it was fun to watch.

Denis is playing well in net, just some tough breaks. He's not letting in any softies though.

BTW, NEVER watch Fox Sports- Ohio. The commentators are just awful. The color guy is pretty good, but uses the telestrator like John Madden on his worst day. The play-by-play guy is just terrible. He can't keep up with the game, sometimes doesn't even talk for 30 seconds or so. And last night, he thought the entire board was called the dasher board. Lost... be thankful for Rick and Jim.

Old
11-28-2003, 05:16 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Hmm. Is it just me or should this thread be in the Columbus forum?

Old
11-28-2003, 09:06 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Hmm. Is it just me or should this thread be in the Columbus forum?
Just giving Sabre fans food for thought.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:10 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot55
Just giving Sabre fans food for thought.
Oh I didn't mean it in a bad way, I was just wondering why this was on the Sabres board. Thanks for the info tho, I actually could use if for my fantasy team :p .

Closed Thread