HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak-Lapierre-Kostisyn ?

Old
11-27-2006, 01:13 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Halak-Lapierre-Kostisyn ?

These three young guys are having lots of success right now in Hamilton. Yesterday, Halak has allowed only one goal - and his average and % are amazing so far; Lapierre has scored three more goals; and Kostitsyn had one goal and one assist. They can play at NHL level right now !

Maybe Gainey should start thinking about getting rid of some dead wood: Aebisher-Niinimaa-Murray-Downey, and even Samsonov and/or Ryder for a quality centerman and / or another winger.

What do you think ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
In regards to Halak...I believe the best thing for him this year to play a lot of games and stay in Hamilton. Lapierre should be playing instead of Murray.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Halak needs quality time as a starter to even think of becoming a good backup. We've seen what Kostitsyn can and cannot do, need to work on the effort level and consistency.

As far as Lapierre goes, well it's no contest for me, even if Murray played better in the last game, it's Lapierre centering Begin and Dandy/Downey for me....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blades 0f Steel

In regards to 4th line duty, the Habs have been trying to get 2 injured defencemen back in the swing of things. With all the defence healthy that makes 8, and Niinimaa and Streit aren't going to Hamilton.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zednik20

about Milroy ?...

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Bryzga lol*

Andrei and Maxim should be with the habs before the end of the year.

Halak needs time to develop and prove he isn't a fluke.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zednik20 View Post
about Milroy ?...
Needs to build some confidence by dominating in the AHL. He had a really poor showing at the camp, think that the Habs brass are just seeing what they wished they'd see for a long time now, I think we're going to see Kosty being recalled again before we see Duncan, but again that's just an opinion. But if he continues, his name will be mentioned now instead of being totally ignored, which is great plus for him.

Somebody who fell of the radar seems to be Ferland for a 4th line duty though.

Old
11-27-2006, 01:26 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

YES!

Every player that is good for a period in the AHL is obviously more NHL-ready than Michael "I can score 30 goals without trying" Ryder! I mean, Jason Krog would be like a 100-point NHL scorer if given the chance, seeing as he has 43 points in 20 games in the A.

And what about Craig Anderson? I mean, that guy would be incredible if given the chance to goal regularly in the NHL with his 6-1 record and .925 save percentage! Much better than deadwood like Aebeischer!

Yes yes yes, let's trade all our team and replace them with the Bulldogs! I mean, come on, they won their two last games by a combined score of 12-1, that must mean that they are NHL caliber!

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
Andrei and Maxim should be with the habs before the end of the year.

Halak needs time to develop and prove he isn't a fluke.
Agreed, but I believe that Halak will be Huet's backup next season.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post
YES!

Every player that is good for a period in the AHL is obviously more NHL-ready than Michael "I can score 30 goals without trying" Ryder! I mean, Jason Krog would be like a 100-point NHL scorer if given the chance, seeing as he has 43 points in 20 games in the A.

And what about Craig Anderson? I mean, that guy would be incredible if given the chance to goal regularly in the NHL with his 6-1 record and .925 save percentage! Much better than deadwood like Aebeischer!

Yes yes yes, let's trade all our team and replace them with the Bulldogs! I mean, come on, they won their two last games by a combined score of 12-1, that must mean that they are NHL caliber!

Relax a little... They aren't saying that Kost is better than Ryder...They're saying that we should trade Ryder or Sammy to get something we need (A Center). Latendresse hasn't yet proven that he can score at the same pace as Ryder, but Higgins sure has... Ryder isn't exactly someone I see staying here for too long unless he changes the way he plays.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:30 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Lapierre should be in the nhl RITE NOW , halak let him dominated the AHL and kosty let him dominated also with milroy and grabovsky could be one of the top line in the ahl.

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:31 PM
ToNedOuT

I didn't realize how well Halak was doin until today...wow great start to the season for him. Has anyone seen him play this year? I honestly expected a lot more from Danis this year, but am happy to see Halak do so well.

ToNedOuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Agreed, but I believe that Halak will be Huet's backup next season.
....until Danis gets his act together and become Huet's backup as it was suppose to be for a long time. And then you'll have Halak as a full starter next year in Hamilton with Price as a backup, a little bit like the Marlies are doing right now with Pogge.

I still have confidence in Danis, he's not the greatest athlete but when his positioning and technique comes back, he'll be great. But Halak is really impressive....Can't have too much depth in that position, that's for sure.

Old
11-27-2006, 01:36 PM
laubelroc

With our team, we cannot start thinking everyone is better than what we got .There is a big difference between the AHL and the NHL.

Last edited by laubelroc: 11-27-2006 at 03:41 PM.
laubelroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:

All due respect, if you don't think Halak, Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Cote, D'Agostini and Milroy deserve serious consideration to play a few games with the Habs in the next few seasons you're not up to speed. Get informed before you dip the 'homer' branding iron in the fire.

Old
11-27-2006, 01:37 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Price to backup halak next year? what! Price need to play 50-55gm next year in hamilton

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Call me a dick, but a lot of you guys may just want to check the NICE BIG STICKY at the top of the forum before going on about the Hamilton Bulldogs one way or the other.

Old
11-27-2006, 02:02 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
All due respect, if you don't think Halak, Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Cote, D'Agostini and Milroy deserve serious consideration to play a few games with the Habs in the next few seasons you're not up to speed. Get informed before you dip the 'homer' branding iron in the fire.
Look, what did Kostitsyn achieve during his brief stint? What did he show Habs management? Accroding to Carbo, he showed that he was lazy and not willing to give the effort needed to stay with the big club.

I agree that someone like Lapierre would definetely help our club at this point, alot more than Garth "BG-type player" Murray and Aaron Downey. But Kost was up and showed he didn't belong, while Halak is far better off playing in the AHL. Moreover, there is no use calling up people if they aren't going to be given the chance to play, so implying that getting rid of healthy-scratches Janne Niinimaa and Aaron Downey or backup David Aebeischer to make room for youngster would just hamper them.

Still, the original post seemed to imply that since the farm was doing great it would automatically translate into success at the NHL-level. I find that we are constantly overrating prospects and thinking that they are ready, even if it is evident that they are not. Anybody who still believes that Kostitsyn should be on the team is obviously drinking too much kool-aid. Give the kids time, reward effort, and remember that AHL success does not automatically translate into success at the NHL level.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Call me a dick, but a lot of you guys may just want to check the NICE BIG STICKY at the top of the forum before going on about the Hamilton Bulldogs one way or the other.
It's a topic about Dogs that could help the big team, not what the Dogs do in their own league.

Old
11-27-2006, 02:09 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Price to backup halak next year? what! Price need to play 50-55gm next year in hamilton
Price might as well play in the ECHL too...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Price might as well play in the ECHL too...
I don't think a 30-35 games for Price in the AHL will affect his development. Working hard in practice with Melanson most of the time and having his share of games will slowly but surely bring him home sooner than later. But if everything works well and work on his consistency, I see him in the NHL in 2 to 3 years. Might need 1 year as a backup and 1 year as a starter.

Old
11-27-2006, 02:22 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Danis to back up Huet - > Aebischer OUT
Higgins back from injury - > Ryder OUT
Lapierre up from the farm - > Murray OUT

Kostytsin will have to wait because the way I see it, is Abby, Ryder + could get us a good 2nd line C and with that we will be able to have 4 very solid lines.

Higgins Koivu Latendresse
Samsonov ???? Kovalev
Pepe Bonk Johnson
Begin Plekanek Lapierre

Kostytsin comes up and serves as important depth in case of injury he can fill in on any of thsoe lines.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's a topic about Dogs that could help the big team, not what the Dogs do in their own league.
I'm talking about all these posters that are completely in the dark about our prospects.

A lot of these threads have people talking about Halak, Danis, Milroy, Locke etc. without being up-to-date on what's going on with the Dogs. That's a great deal of misconceptions occuring when all they have to do is check the official thread to become informed.

Old
11-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Still, the original post seemed to imply that since the farm was doing great it would automatically translate into success at the NHL-level.
I didn't find that was the case. He named three stand-out players from our minor league affiliate.

Obviously Halak is to be considered only if one of Aebischer/Huet is injured, but Lapierre definitely needs a shot and I believe Kostitsyn needs to get more games in.

Whether or not you believe Kostitsyn deserves a permanent spot with the Habs is obviously your own judgement call.

Old
11-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I'm talking about all these posters that are completely in the dark about our prospects.

A lot of these threads have people talking about Halak, Danis, Milroy, Locke etc. without being up-to-date on what's going on with the Dogs. That's a great deal of misconceptions occuring when all they have to do is check the official thread to become informed.
Good. Didn't understand your post that way.