HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should M.Aubin go to echl

Old
11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Should M.Aubin go to echl

Since he is not playing a lot with the bulldogs he could go to cincinatti and play big minute there? What u think?

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
How should I say this....

YES!!!!!!!!! I've been saying this for a long time now, I have tons of confidence in him and do not want him to lose a year watching games in the pressbox. Either the Dogs know that Lapierre or somebody else will be recalled soon, or they have to send him to Cincinnati! To great of prospect to waste his time in the pressbox in my opinion.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:27 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

Lambert also should be in cincinati just 4 fun Lambert-urquhart-aubin "not a bad echl line"

Old
11-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Lambert also should be in cincinati just 4 fun Lambert-urquhart-aubin "not a bad echl line"
I guess you do need some extra bodies in case of so Lambert who seemed to do better than in recent years might be a good candidate to be in and of the roster. But for a rookie, I would prefer seeing Aubin on the ice whatever level it is at, though some would say he could learn more watching the AHL than playing the ECHL....but I don't agree with that.

But Cincinnati would gladly take a Lambert-Urquhart-Aubin line, they don't have that great of an offensive force out there....

Wondering though if Aubin will end up as a winger or center. I liked him a lot as a center but seems there's not much room available at the center position, unless he goes to Cincinnati and center the 2nd line.

Old
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

In training camp, Aubin did look good on rw with chipchura and latendresse! I remember dany dube compared him little bit to ryder, the way he shoot the puck and the way he skate

Old
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Maybe we should stop selling spots to the Oilers ect and make sure our prospects get adequate games and ice time. It pisses me off that a guy like Aubin, who is good enough to play in the AHL, is getting pressbox time, because some Oiler prospect has to be played per some dumbass agreement.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Maybe we should stop selling spots to the Oilers ect and make sure our prospects get adequate games and ice time. It pisses me off that a guy like Aubin, who is good enough to play in the AHL, is getting pressbox time, because some Oiler prospect has to be played per some dumbass agreement.
I would agree except that a guy like Stortini in that case seems to be really welcomed in Hamilton. He's the only big guy at the forward position who can be a force and drop it once in a while. And he does seem to drop it more than once so he's a good addition. Is Mathieu Roy though a better player than Benoit or Archer, well we don't hear about him too much, it would be to Qui Gon or others to address this.

But Stortini is a good addition.

Old
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I would agree except that a guy like Stortini in that case seems to be really welcomed in Hamilton. He's the only big guy at the forward position who can be a force and drop it once in a while. And he does seem to drop it more than once so he's a good addition. Is Mathieu Roy though a better player than Benoit or Archer, well we don't hear about him too much, it would be to Qui Gon or others to address this.

But Stortini is a good addition.
The main focus in Hamilton should be developing Habs prospects, not winning games. Winning is clearly secondary in my book. I'd rather see them struggle with Aubin in Storini's role, rather than have Aubin's development stunted by not having him play.

Old
11-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Stortini has been a good fit for the toughguy role for sure... I suppose you could argue against picking up the veterans like Baines and Manlow just as readily as arguing about taking on the Edmonton loaners. But then, veteran guidance and leadership is needed as well as having a toughguy, so...

Aubin to the ECHL works for me. I guess you have to know something about the environment down there, but presumably there wouldn't be an affiliation if there was anything to be worried about. I was afraid this was going to happen, hence my thoughts in the off-season about Aubin even being better off back in the Q... although now that I've seen him more, I think he really is too good to be back there.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Stortini has been a good fit for the toughguy role for sure... I suppose you could argue against picking up the veterans like Baines and Manlow just as readily as arguing about taking on the Edmonton loaners. But then, veteran guidance and leadership is needed as well as having a toughguy, so...

Aubin to the ECHL works for me. I guess you have to know something about the environment down there, but presumably there wouldn't be an affiliation if there was anything to be worried about. I was afraid this was going to happen, hence my thoughts in the off-season about Aubin even being better off back in the Q... although now that I've seen him more, I think he really is too good to be back there.
I don't mind the Dogs adding their own guys to fill out a roster if the Habs don't provide enough good players, but I do object to developing another NHL team's players. Aubin in my mind is good enough to play and should not lose a spot to another team's prospects. I'd rather see Urquhart and Gleed fill out the roster, rather than Oilers prospects.

The order of priority in filling out the roster at the beginning of the season should be:
Habs prospects
Bulldog guys
Oiler guys

Old
11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
The main focus in Hamilton should be developing Habs prospects, not winning games. Winning is clearly secondary in my book. I'd rather see them struggle with Aubin in Storini's role, rather than have Aubin's development stunted by not having him play.
I believe winning is part of the development itself. Learning how to win, being in a better more calm environment of a winning team might teach the players what is needed to do to succeed in the pro level.

And you have to understand that fans are actually supporting this team and hoping they win and be successful from time to time. I think it's part of the deal when you have a AHL team of your own.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your concern, I'm actually really sad about Aubin's situation, repeating myself that if he doesn't play he should at least be loaned to Cincinnati, which won't affect his development, it's definately a much better level than what he was used to.

But having a player like Stortini around, who stand up for his teamates, will not affect our guys development, it will help them becoming better players not thinking they could be intimidated when this guy is around.

Old
11-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I believe winning is part of the development itself. Learning how to win, being in a better more calm environment of a winning team might teach the players what is needed to do to succeed in the pro level.

And you have to understand that fans are actually supporting this team and hoping they win and be successful from time to time. I think it's part of the deal when you have a AHL team of your own.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your concern, I'm actually really sad about Aubin's situation, repeating myself that if he doesn't play he should at least be loaned to Cincinnati, which won't affect his development, it's definately a much better level than what he was used to.

But having a player like Stortini around, who stand up for his teamates, will not affect our guys development, it will help them becoming better players not thinking they could be intimidated when this guy is around.
Grrrrr

I know where your coming from. I just wish the Stortini like player was ours or Hamilton's. That said, the current situation is what the Dogs and Habs are contractually obliged to do, therefore I agree it would be better to have Aubin in the ECHL dominating and getting tons of icetime rather than ride the pine if those are the two most likely options at this point.

Old
11-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Grrrrr

I know where your coming from. I just wish the Stortini like player was ours or Hamilton's. That said, the current situation is what the Dogs and Habs are contractually obliged to do, therefore I agree it would be better to have Aubin in the ECHL dominating and getting tons of icetime rather than ride the pine if those are the two most likely options at this point.
As a matter of fact, though his skating seems to be an issue, I wouldn't mind trying to get him from the Oilers in a trade. Though he was recalled this year for a quick stint, meaning Oilers might like what they're seeing, he really can bring something else that we really don't have in quantity......

That would solve your problem.... unless we trade him for another Dog guy who we would have to keep anyway....

Old
11-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Foreigner

Quote:
Grrrrr

And if he can't be in Cincinnati, let him come back to Lewiston--he'd be welcomed

Foreigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 04:25 PM
pc_md

Quote:
Since he is not playing a lot with the bulldogs he could go to cincinatti and play big minute there? What u think?
Funny ! I was asking my friend the same question this morning !

I also think he should go there now that D'agostini has clearly shown he's a regular.

I also believe the Habs are planning to call up a player (I read on the Hamilton/Cincinnati board that Gainey's assistant were in Hamilton during the weekend to watch the bulldogs games...) If not, Aubin will be sent to Cincinnati anyway when Lemieux comes back.

pc_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Foreigner

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/inde...isplay&nid=394

Ask and you shall receive....

Foreigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:16 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
Ask and you shall receive....
I need cash...

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
I want Jenna Jamesson naked, in my cubicule right now to give me foot massage...

Bob Bastards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ******** View Post
I want Jenna Jamesson naked, in my cubicule right now to give me foot massage...
Foot? Erm, okay...

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote