HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We are finally getting some respect...

Old
11-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Garry Valk

vCash: 500
We are finally getting some respect...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=3882

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Ghost of Saku

Yeah I just finished reading that myself.
What he says is true though, the Habs are incredibly less painful to watch this season than any in other time in the past 10+ years.
I'm hoping for a "surprise" season much like the 92-93 campaign that saw us reach the cup.

On a side note, I'll be at the Florida game tomorrow so here's to hopin Olli Jokinnen and his ugly mug don't find the back of the net like he did last meeting between the teams

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Like he mentionned, we need another big impact player near deadline (read big #1 center) to be a real treat.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Like he mentionned, we need another big impact player near deadline (read big #1 center) to be a real treat.
Yup, but that's going to be very hard to come by.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 08:53 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Yup, but that's going to be very hard to come by.
Very.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Toro

whats the 2nd prediction. It gets cut off

unless his second prediction is just that the Sabres fans will disagree

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
Yeah I just finished reading that myself.
What he says is true though, the Habs are incredibly less painful to watch this season than any in other time in the past 10+ years.
I'm hoping for a "surprise" season much like the 92-93 campaign that saw us reach the cup.

On a side note, I'll be at the Florida game tomorrow so here's to hopin Olli Jokinnen and his ugly mug don't find the back of the net like he did last meeting between the teams
I liked the team under Julien the first year(2003-2004), the defence was rock solid that year. But yes, this years squad has improved their individual games even though the braincramps happen often. That's one of the things I'd enjoy seeing go down. The players protect the goaltenders fairly well, but there's still some deficiencies that need to be fixed before the playoffs.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 09:15 PM
White Snake*

Just think, other fans are starting to recognize our talents yet half the posters on here fail to see any positives in our team. Gool ole habs fans.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
it will probably cost us a propsect or 2.

The question is, is this the best year to put all our eggs in one basket and go for it all?

It will be an interesting call but I wont worry about this until the new year.

In the meantime, I hope the habs learn how to play against the leafs. I feel more optimistic about beating the sabres than I do the leafs as strange as that sounds.

BTW, are you feeling any better today?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
The Saurus

So this writer disses the Leafs (and he fails to mention the learning curve of Maurice's complex system (Maurice himself said that the team will be adapted to the system by mid-January)) and then proceeds to slob on the Habs proverbial knob?

Yeah, he's incredibly unbiased.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
CourtnallRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitso View Post
So this writer disses the Leafs (and he fails to mention the learning curve of Maurice's complex system (Maurice himself said that the team will be adapted to the system by mid-January)) and then proceeds to slob on the Habs proverbial knob?

1993-94 Detroit Jr. Red Wings OHL Head Coach 66 42 20 4 0 0.667
1994-95 Detroit Jr. Red Wings OHL Head Coach 66 44 18 4 0 0.697
1995-96 Hartford Whalers NHL Assistant Coach
1996-97 Hartford Whalers NHL Head Coach 82 32 39 11 0 0.457 Out of Playoffs
1997-98 Carolina Hurricanes NHL Head Coach 82 33 41 8 0 0.451 Out of Playoffs
1998-99 Carolina Hurricanes NHL Head Coach 82 34 30 18 0 0.524 Lost in round 1
1999-00 Carolina Hurricanes NHL Head Coach 82 37 35 10 0 0.512 Out of Playoffs
2000-01 Carolina Hurricanes NHL Head Coach 82 38 32 9 3 0.537 Lost in round 1
2001-02 Carolina Hurricanes NHL Head Coach 82 35 26 16 5 0.555 Lost in Finals
2002-03 Carolina Hurricanes NHL Head Coach 82 22 43 11 6 0.372 Out of Playoffs
2003-04 Carolina Hurricanes NHL Head Coach† 30 8 12 8 2 0.433 Out of Playoffs
2005-06 Toronto Marlies AHL Head Coach 76 41 29 0 6 0.579
† Replaced midseason

So are you Maurice is not a very good coach. Just read the stats.

CourtnallRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 09:48 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:

Does it hurt that bad that for once a media isn't pro-toronto ??

Does it really ?

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 09:57 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93 View Post
Does it hurt that bad that for once a media isn't pro-toronto ??

Does it really ?
Not at all. Just wondering why any of you would look to a HockeyBuzz blog for 'respect' ... look to professional websites with credibility that offer unbiased reporting.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Not at all. Just wondering why any of you would look to a HockeyBuzz blog for 'respect' ... look to professional websites with credibility that offer unbiased reporting.
Alright, the unbiased leaf fan has spoken, now we must all form a circle and praise him, such is the ritual.

By the way, you like the Leafs and don't like the Habs, everyone gets it.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 10:40 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Sorry we here in Montreal aren't used to getting our proverbial knobs slobbered on like you Leafs fans (read: Toronto Sports Network).

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 10:41 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Professional websites such as Toronto Sports Network ?? Or Sportsnet?

Oh I get it ... You meant CBC

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 11:19 PM
AH

The most alarming claim in this entire thread is that somehow Paul Maurice has this complex game system never seen in NHL history....

Paul Maurice is a terrible head coach based on his career record. Maybe that system he is trying to preach just doesn't work over the long haul... It couldn't be that his teams have had dumb players? I mean BrindAmour and Francis were two his best players, probably the two of the smartest players in the league over the last 25 years.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
The most alarming claim in this entire thread is that somehow Paul Maurice has this complex game system never seen in NHL history....

Paul Maurice is a terrible head coach based on his career record. Maybe that system he is trying to preach just doesn't work over the long haul... It couldn't be that his teams have had dumb players? I mean BrindAmour and Francis were two his best players, probably the two of the smartest players in the league over the last 25 years.
I think Maurice is a fine coach. He had some rocky times in carolina but that happens to coaches after they are in one place for a long time.

However, there's something about him that just bugs me. I cant quite put my finger on it.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 11:42 PM
tchendoh

Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
Let's get Sakic at the deadline!

tchendoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I think Maurice is a fine coach. He had some rocky times in carolina but that happens to coaches after they are in one place for a long time.

However, there's something about him that just bugs me. I cant quite put my finger on it.
He's coaching the leafs.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 12:15 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I assume you mean a GOOD center right ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
LeGars Du Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
we lost against the worst team in the league (Philly) and we finally get respected !! Yay!

LeGars Du Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Natural Habs Fan

I think this is a good time to thank Bob Gainey for everything he's done since he's become GM. Honestly, I only see our future being brighter. Ribiero might come back to bite us in the rear (lol Niinimaa) but I think his time was done in MTL. The Huet trade was golden (although at the time it was made it was probably called "the Bonk trade"). He brought Kovalev and Samsonov here, and although they have their slumps I think everyone was excited to hear when they joined our team. Also he was able to trade up and draft Latendresse.

Honestly, the only thing I wish he did different was take Kopitar in the 1st round. I know nobody could have predicted it but a 6'4" 220 centre would be so nice right now.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
I think this is a good time to thank Bob Gainey for everything he's done since he's become GM. Honestly, I only see our future being brighter. Ribiero might come back to bite us in the rear (lol Niinimaa) but I think his time was done in MTL. The Huet trade was golden (although at the time it was made it was probably called "the Bonk trade"). He brought Kovalev and Samsonov here, and although they have their slumps I think everyone was excited to hear when they joined our team. Also he was able to trade up and draft Latendresse.

Honestly, the only thing I wish he did different was take Kopitar in the 1st round. I know nobody could have predicted it but a 6'4" 220 centre would be so nice right now.

Totally agree with you about thanking Bob... He has done an immaculate job to date (I still am in high belief drafting Carey Price mightve been the best thing IMO the kid has it to be in the top 2-3 of his age class... currently the 15-24 age group IMO,,, of course there could be some 15 year olds... But Carey is definately nonetheless a supremely talented goaltender, and I love the fact he is using NHL reg. pads in the WHL right now... <-- Thats the type of intensity you want to see from your high pick, junior goaltender.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Such as????

At least the writer in that article offers new insight, whenever TSN or Sportsnet does decide to cover the Habs, it usually has to do with Sheldon Souray (whom the media seems to think is our only good player) or Saku Koivu.

At least he went into detail about why he likes Montreal so far, and I thought he did a great job of it, nevermind the slobbering, it was a good article.

I've haven't seen a Montreal team be so aggressive in a long time, for the longest time teams like the Leafs most notably, would come to Montreal and intimidate everyone on the ice for the Habs, but that's no longer the case, there's a new toughness with this team, although they could use some more IMO.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote