HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT: 28/11/06 Florida @ Montreal 7:30 PM EST RDS

Old
11-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
I was at the game tonight and was just wondering if the lack of rhythm to the game and all the broken plays came over as boring on TV as it did live. Man oh man was that shootout needed to get things rolling
IMO...yes

Mr San Diego Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:32 PM
DicAnns

Just back from the game!

Wow... thank god for the overtime and shootout, else I think I would've asked for a refund on those tickets! what a boring game!
I mean, ok cool we have a good defensive team but can we get something going on offense?
Turnover after turnover... at least most of our screw-ups were in the neutral zone, rather than in defensive zone!
Huet was solid as usual... glad to see him get the shutout! He faced a lot of shots, but not that many real good chances.

A few things I noticed tonight (my first live game this season)... some are critics, not bashing:

- Perez too often tries to break lose early in transition and wait for a long pass at the blue line... it never works! he actually often goes through the whole neutral zone skating backwards waiting for a pass that is obviously not coming! he should stay closer to the other guys for shorter, quick passes.
- Komi caused a lot of screw-ups when he carried the puck, especially in the 1st period.
- Murray-Begin-Dandenault >>>>> Murray-Begin-Downey.
- Bouillon is amazingly solid... not just strong, he's a wall! his balance is stunning.
- The vintage jerseys are really cool from the front, but they need to change the back so we can actually see the numbers.
- Higgins is a really big piece of this team... can't wait for him to come back!

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Bob View Post
I think it was Karl Dykhuis with a slapshot just after the blueline
I think that is correct...that game was in 2001-02 I am pretty sure. Luongo was indeed sensational and then allowed that softy in OT.

I was there tonight, and found the game to be OK on the entertainment scale, especially with the OT factored in and some of the chances in it. The shootout (and I usually hate them) was a nice way to end this 0-0 tilt.

It was frustrating game though because Florida did do a very nice job defensively, many times their sticks broke up potential chances for us in their zone.

Hello 2nd place and it's nice to see the Laffs in the rear view mirror.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:47 PM
-_-

Quote:
Actually I just watched some of Canadiens Express and the game seemed slightly more bearable on TV so I think I answered my own question... It's kinda weird being at a game and having it be so silent in a room of 21,273 fans than on TV where it sounds so lively. Anyone else notice the difference?
I was at the game too, in the molson ex zone, and the ambiance was decent... a couple of friends and I screamed a lot, it was fun !

-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:19 AM
madbox

So, a few weeks ago. In Toronto. Cole was going on about how Ryder said himself he sucks at shootouts but that he'd be shooting from then on whenever he's in them and no more damn dekes! SO MUCH for that. His game is to shoot, somebody just tell the guy to shoot.

Overall I enjoyed the game as they were allowed to play. We had some sloppy moments, turnovers. Like usual. The 2nd line looked good, though Sammy still managed to frustrate me on a number of occasions. Sometimes he needs to get rid of the puck earlier... most of the time...

Hip Hip Huet

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Well, they're on a 12-game winning streak when I am in the stands. So lets make it 13

And it's 13. Who's giving me their season tickets?

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:46 AM
jordi

Love Bouillion. Well not love love. But he's pretty good. Nonetheless I'd like to see Huet work on some rebounds, the players tend to take a lot of effort trying to clear the rebound especially when it's in a tight spot.

Apart from that it was a fairly average game but the scoreless periods really made the intensity to me.

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 01:05 AM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I think that is correct...that game was in 2001-02 I am pretty sure. Luongo was indeed sensational and then allowed that softy in OT.
Yup... I was at that game. The shot just trickled in. The puck crossed slowly enough that the whole arena was probably on its feet within a quarter a second of each other. It was awesome.

I also remember that sometime during the game Theo allowed a shot from behind the blueline to hit the crossbar, but that's another story.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 03:26 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
And it's 13. Who's giving me their season tickets?
Thats amazing even trumps my record this season when in attendance the habs are 7-0-3.

Quote:
Actually I just watched some of Canadiens Express and the game seemed slightly more bearable on TV so I think I answered my own question... It's kinda weird being at a game and having it be so silent in a room of 21,273 fans than on TV where it sounds so lively. Anyone else notice the difference?
I was at the game found it exciting after the first 20-30 minutes. Both teams had chances. The only issue with attending the games is that the commercial breaks are even longer this year than last.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 11:19 AM
DicAnns

anyone noticed the icetime of our Dmen?

1. Souray 28:39
2. Komisarek 25:40
3. Rivet 24:27
4. Markov 21:07
5. Bouillon 16:10
6. Streit 14:00

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicAnn's73 View Post

Weird...although i didn't notice Souray was on the for that long.

I did notice however it seemed like Komisarek was on the ice everyother shift, I saw him play with all 3 guys on the left side.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 11:31 AM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicAnn's73 View Post

Looking at this (http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/SC020354.HTM) it seems as though Souray was on for the entire overtime. Markov got a 2 minute penalty during the game...

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Weird...although i didn't notice Souray was on the for that long.

I did notice however it seemed like Komisarek was on the ice everyother shift, I saw him play with all 3 guys on the left side.
He played with Souray quite a bit last night in the 3rd period and then was back with Markov at the end. I actually thought Markov was hurt last night because it seemed like there was a long stretch where he didn't play. He returned tho later, so maybe he had a little issue with something.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote