HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brodziak

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Brodziak

Wow, I have no idea how he made it to the 7th round but thank the hockey gods we got him.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:40 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Wow, I have no idea how he made it to the 7th round but thank the hockey gods we got him.
I don't think we should go overboard with Brodziak. When 17 year olds out up those kinds of numbers, it suggests they would be very good in the NHL. When guys like Brodziak do it, it doesn't mean as much. Here's hoping I'm wrong!

Last edited by The Rage: 11-27-2003 at 06:56 PM.
Old
11-27-2003, 06:55 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
One flaw. I didn't realize until someone informed me in another thread.

Brodziak opted out of the draft during his draft year. He is a year older than everyone else drafted in 2003. That's why he went in the 7th round.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:56 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy3650
I don't think we should go overboard with Brodziak. When 17 year olds out up those kinds of numbers, it suggests they would be very good in the NHL. When guys like Brodziak does it, it doesn't mean as much. Here's hoping I'm wrong!
True enough, he's a bit behind Rick Nash at this stage of his career.

He looks pretty good against the rest of the kids though.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
One flaw. I didn't realize until someone informed me in another thread.

Brodziak opted out of the draft during his draft year. He is a year older than everyone else drafted in 2003. That's why he went in the 7th round.
I think a bit too much is being made of his age here, he has a lot of very high quality skills and looks better than most of the kids in this series.

He can't prove anything until training camp next season but he is definitely going to be a factor in the next year or two.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Fincan

so basically he is the same age as Tomas Fleischmann who is also battling for the WHL scoring lead? a guy who has been quickly rising in peoples prospets lists? Yeah it is less exciting tht he is 19 and not 18, but he is still something to let yourself get a little excited about when the guy was a 7th rounder just a few months ago.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:23 PM
GorillazXL

Regardless of his age, he's performing the kindda game you expect from a 19 year old. There are some players who were drafted the year before (the year he should of had been drafted) playing in the Dub who aren't putting the kind of numbers he's putting up. Its kind of like when Comrie went back to the kootney Ice and racked up a whack of points during his short tenure there before joiing up with the Oil.

GXL

Old
11-27-2003, 09:14 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
I'm getting mixed reports on this actually.

Oiler scouts have told me he didn't opt in the first year of his eligibility but Kyle himself told me two days ago that he DID opt in that year but, as he expected, did not get drafted. He told me his agent thought there was a chance so they did opt in.

Perhaps he opted in late and many teams/scouts didn't realize or, more likely looked past him because he didn't have a great season.

Closed Thread