HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ek Rumor: Markus Naslund to Montreal??

Old
11-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
foget about it .

E15 wont happen

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
It's gonna take alot more than just matching salaries for Vancouver to move Naslund. Ryder and Samsonov isn't nearly enough.

Even knowing what you know about Ryder and Samsonov, if you had Naslund, would you make that deal?

Exactly
Like I said ..from what I know, they lack depth ..Ryder has very good value around the league. Samsonov is also an established top 6 forwards ..so your adding 2 top 6 forwards for Naslund, that's a pretty good deal.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=Habs 4 Life;7194775]
Quote:
if you had Naslund, would you make that deal?

Yes.Naslund has not been the same since the lockout and the Canucks offence stinks.If they can add 3 players for 1 to make their offence better and also move is big contract,why wouldn't they do it?
Well I think it's a horrible deal from the Canucks standpoint.

Naslund may not be the same player since the lockout, but he's still an impact player and by FAR the best player in that deal and there's nothing Ryder/Samsonov can do the rest of their career which will change that.

You don't trade you're best player for a package of decent players. That's like the Bruins trading Thornton for a package of players that are decent but have no impact. (not that I was against the Bruins trading Thornton, I think it's the best thing that franchise has done for a long time).

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Artyukhin*

actually i know ecklund read these boards.

HEY Ecklund when was the last time one of your rumours actually happened????

Old
11-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Brett38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
we can still keep Markov,

Samsonov,Ryder = Naslund's salary give or take ...
Samsonov,Ryder > Naslund salary next season give or take

With Janne off the books ..thats like 2.4 M $ available ..Aebi ..I like him but I doubt he re-signs here so that's another 2 M $ salary off the books .. so that's 4.4 M $ .. and I doubt we resign Bonk at 2.4 M $ (just a lot for a 3rd liner) so we have enough cap space to sign Markov ...that's also not including the 1 or so M $ we currently are under the cap
We have Bonk and Janne around 2.5m + Abby at 1.9m + Rivet at 2.4m. Thats 9.3m. Let all these walk because we have to try and sign Souray and Markov with the savings plus we have to try and resign our RFA's...Ryder, Higgins, Perrez, Komi. We also save $500.000 from Huet salary which goes down to 2.5m from 3m. We can bring up Cote and I'm sure Danis or Halak are ready to back up Huet.

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
actually i know ecklund read these boards.

HEY Ecklund when was the last time one of your rumours actually happened????
Another person who has no idea what the meaning of a Rumor actually is.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Ghost of Saku

Souray and a prospect for Naslund. I believe Souray's stock is high enough to pull something like this off.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Kovalev - Naslund

finally a trade that would make sense.

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

[QUOTE=417;7194891]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post

Naslund may not be the same player since the lockout, but he's still an impact player and by FAR the best player in that deal and there's nothing Ryder/Samsonov can do the rest of their career which will change that.

You don't trade you're best player for a package of decent players. That's like the Bruins trading Thornton for a package of players that are decent but have no impact. (not that I was against the Bruins trading Thornton, I think it's the best thing that franchise has done for a long time).

I agree Naslund is the best player in the deal,but if im the Canucks I would make that deal.Maybe it's just me,but from the games I have seen of the Canucks this year Naslund has really not impressed me at all.

I think the hole Eastern Conference is happy the Ruins traded Thornton

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:09 PM
ppil

[QUOTE=417;7194891]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post

Well just look at their line up:

Sedin-Sedin-Naslund
Bulis-Morrison-Pyatt

After the trade

Sedin-Sedin-Ryder (Carter had 30goals playing with them so I guess that Ryder could get a lot of goals)
Samsonov-Morrison-Pyatt/Bulis

I think that the trade can be pretty good for them if Samsonov becomes the player he once was but it's the same thing for us, If Naslund only get 30goals this year, I think we are better with Ryder+Samsonov.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
I believe Souray's stock is high enough to pull something like this off.

Then add another player and we might have a chance at getting Crosby

Old
11-28-2006, 02:12 PM
ppil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett38 View Post
We have Bonk and Janne around 2.5m + Abby at 1.9m + Rivet at 2.4m. Thats 9.3m. Let all these walk because we have to try and sign Souray and Markov with the savings plus we have to try and resign our RFA's...Ryder, Higgins, Perrez, Komi. We also save $500.000 from Huet salary which goes down to 2.5m from 3m. We can bring up Cote and I'm sure Danis or Halak are ready to back up Huet.
Rivet will probably stay here and it's not the salary of the year that counts against the cap, but the average salary so Huet counts for 2.75M this year and next year.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Another person who has no idea what the meaning of a Rumor actually is.
thats the entire scam

where was Ecklund on the MIKAEL TELLQVIST trade? how come no rumours about that over the last few days?

Old
11-28-2006, 02:16 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
thats the entire scam
What scam? His site is free.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:19 PM
!nkubus

Quote:
thats the entire scam

where was Ecklund on the MIKAEL TELLQVIST trade? how come no rumours about that over the last few days?
He is not telling what is going to happen.. only rumors no real thing there

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
Like I said ..from what I know, they lack depth ..Ryder has very good value around the league. Samsonov is also an established top 6 forwards ..so your adding 2 top 6 forwards for Naslund, that's a pretty good deal.
For Naslund? I don't think so, if i'm Dave Nonis, I'd rather keep him.

Old
11-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
For Naslund? I don't think so, if i'm Dave Nonis, I'd rather keep him.

Then you are not going to make the playoffs

Old
11-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Marc-E-

Actually why not trying to get Brendan Morrison (who struggling, but I see him play with Kovalev and could be a good combinaison) We should keep Souray. Because I don't see anyone on that roster who can take the place of Souray on the point. But if you want both you have to give a lot. Probably too much and I don't want to brake the chemistry of our team. Let's offer Niinimaa and a prospect for Morrison.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Habs

There should be some accountability, as a journalist, when you face no punishment for publishing nothing but fabrications.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Actually why not trying to get Brendan Morrison (who struggling, but I see him play with Kovalev and could be a good combinaison) We should keep Souray. Because I don't see anyone on that roster who can take the place of Souray on the point. But if you want both you have to give a lot. Probably too much and I don't want to brake the chemistry of our team. Let's offer Niinimaa and a prospect for Morrison.
The Habs need a scoring center to play between Sammy and Kovy...not another
playmaker

Old
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
I've seen Morrison play and he isn't an improvement over Plekanec or Bonk...So I'd rather roll with those two, especially considering his contract. Plekanec will eventually get into his groove. Imo our biggest 2 concerns is on the LW and on the 2nd PP. Naslund could help both.

Old
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
What scam? His site is free.
was it always?

hey anyways read what ecklund says about himself . i find this one quite amusing ,he is happy if he can nail 10 thing a year man to be honest i could make up as many RUMOURS as ecklund and be right as many times as he is . continue to say enuff things eventually odds will be you will be right atleast a few times out of 1000 .

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=3557

Rule #3. Since I am writing everything I hear, most of what I write will NEVER happen. Based on what I have learned, only 5% of what is discussed between GMs or GMs and agents ever amounts to anything. And yet they are always talking. I know that I manage to dig up only a small percentage of that. So you do the math. If I nail ten things a year, I am very happy. I write this suff, because who doesn't like to look at a trade possibility and think about whether or not they would do it? At least here you can be assured that it came from a source that is trusted. People used to try and trick me all the time, and last year I fell for a few of them. Now I don't report a rumor unless the source has proven to be reliable, I have talked to them on the phone or they have confirmed they are on the inside through a mutual hockey friend that I trust.

Old
11-28-2006, 02:29 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
There should be some accountability, as a journalist, when you face no punishment for publishing nothing but fabrications.
Journalist and Eklund are mutually exclusive terms (and I don't care who says that Ek is dialed in - all due respect to Bob McKenzie).

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Journalist and Eklund are mutually exclusive terms (and I don't care who says that Ek is dialed in - all due respect to Bob McKenzie).
How much of the stuff that Spector posts actually happens? And all of that is actually speculated about by paid journalists.

11-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Tact

First of all, if Naslund is going anywhere...

A 1st Round Pick is coming our way for sure. And we don't want 'pylon' Souray or any other defencemen because we're loaded with defencemen...

To VAN: Ryder, Latendresse, Perezhozgin, 1st Round Pick in 07, and 1st Round Pick in 08
To MTL: Naslund and Chouinard

Tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
was it always?

hey anyways read what ecklund says about himself . i find this one quite amusing ,he is happy if he can nail 10 thing a year man to be honest i could make up as many RUMOURS as ecklund and be right as many times as he is . continue to say enuff things eventually odds will be you will be right atleast a few times out of 1000 .
What's your point? 10 rumors that are correct during an entire year, would be VERY good...and I guarantee you that you couldn't do it. Why do you think so many people visit Eklunds site? Because they know that he has sources..as Bob Mckenzie verified. This is one of the few rumors that actually make sense, but likely won't happen. No reason to believe that it will happen, but there is reason to believe that it could happen.

Seriously...people like you really need to look up the meaning of rumors, instead of calling this guy an idiot.