HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kozak Assigned to CHL Memphis

Old
11-30-2006, 06:30 PM
caldercup0

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
Kozak Assigned to CHL Memphis

He had been playing with the Charlotte Checkers...

http://www.riverkings.com/home/news/...rticle_id=1381

caldercup0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 07:13 PM
BLACKBURN

I thought the CHL awas rock bottom, I was under the impression that the guy had some potential?

BLACKBURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 07:20 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN View Post
I thought the CHL awas rock bottom, I was under the impression that the guy had some potential?
When the Flyers drafted him, I remember people saying his potential was nothing more than what you guys see out of someone like Hollweg/Fedoruk/Asham type

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

He was a project from the beginning--why would Philly have dealt him in the Malakhov trade otherwise?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:35 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN View Post
I wouldn't say it was rock-bottom. The ECHL, the UHL, and the CHL are all roughly equivalent to "AA" hockey. The ECHL has the most prestige because it has the large majority of NHL/AHL affiliations, but some teams have their primary "AA" affiliate in the CHL (Avs and Preds off the top of my head.) ECHL teams certainly more depth, and better young players, but a good first-line player in the CHL will be a goo first-line player in the ECHL.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 11:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
I wouldn't say it was rock-bottom. The ECHL, the UHL, and the CHL are all roughly equivalent to "AA" hockey. The ECHL has the most prestige because it has the large majority of NHL/AHL affiliations, but some teams have their primary "AA" affiliate in the CHL (Avs and Preds off the top of my head.) ECHL teams certainly more depth, and better young players, but a good first-line player in the CHL will be a goo first-line player in the ECHL.
i always thought just injuries held him back, I guess not. Oh well.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Pizza

It's a long way back from Memphis. Good luck Rick.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 01:35 AM
dukesnider

Coach Derek Wilkinson benched him in Charlotte the last few games. He was becoming a cancer on the team. Not practicing hard, doing his own thing on the ice and has had a few run-ins with teammates.

dukesnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 04:58 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The second round pick received in the Vladimir Malakhov-Rick Kozak deal was used to trade up to select Marc Staal when the Rangers swapped #16 and #41 to Atlanta for #12.#41 was the Flyers second round pick

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 05:45 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

I was at the Thankgiving night game in Gwinnett and he was just floating around, not really interested. Then again there really were that many Checkers' players interested in playing that night. Though I thought both Potter and Graham played well in a blowout loss.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 05:49 PM
captaincheat

ECHL = AA
UHL/CHL = the end of the line.

captaincheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:44 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
I was at the Thankgiving night game in Gwinnett and he was just floating around, not really interested. Then again there really were that many Checkers' players interested in playing that night. Though I thought both Potter and Graham played well in a blowout loss.
i wonder why Graham has not been called up to the Pack yet, with Callahan with the Rangers. I know Callahan is gonna be sent down once J Ward is healthy but Graham has proven he is doing well at the ECHL level, he should be in the AHL. His injuries hurt him last year.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 07:50 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
i wonder why Graham has not been called up to the Pack yet, with Callahan with the Rangers. I know Callahan is gonna be sent down once J Ward is healthy but Graham has proven he is doing well at the ECHL level, he should be in the AHL. His injuries hurt him last year.
Potter was Head & Shoulders the best dman on the ice that night. He is very good on his positional play, he plays the body when required, meaning he doesn't take himself out of the play to lay a hit on someone when that isn't what is required.
His lateral speed I thought has improved since his college days. He is very smooth on his skates, has good balance and certainly should not be playing in the ECHL.

He is getting a ton of ice time, so I guess that is the trade off. If HArtford continues to struggle I can't see wht Puriton is eating up ice time when the same ice time could go to Potter.

Graham loves to carry the puck. He more of a play maker, at least in the game I saw. True he doesn't use his body to be an imposing banger, rather he uses it to screen and hold off defenders.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 08:13 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Potter was Head & Shoulders the best dman on the ice that night. He is very good on his positional play, he plays the body when required, meaning he doesn't take himself out of the play to lay a hit on someone when that isn't what is required.
His lateral speed I thought has improved since his college days. He is very smooth on his skates, has good balance and certainly should not be playing in the ECHL.

He is getting a ton of ice time, so I guess that is the trade off. If HArtford continues to struggle I can't see wht Puriton is eating up ice time when the same ice time could go to Potter.

Graham loves to carry the puck. He more of a play maker, at least in the game I saw. True he doesn't use his body to be an imposing banger, rather he uses it to screen and hold off defenders.
How have you been?It's been a long time since you posted. How's the family? I have always enjoyed our dialogue

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote