HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kozak Assigned to CHL Memphis

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2006, 06:30 PM
  #1
caldercup0
Registered User
 
caldercup0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
Kozak Assigned to CHL Memphis

He had been playing with the Charlotte Checkers...

http://www.riverkings.com/home/news/...rticle_id=1381

caldercup0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 07:13 PM
  #2
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
I thought the CHL awas rock bottom, I was under the impression that the guy had some potential?

BLACKBURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 07:20 PM
  #3
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,450
vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN View Post
I thought the CHL awas rock bottom, I was under the impression that the guy had some potential?
When the Flyers drafted him, I remember people saying his potential was nothing more than what you guys see out of someone like Hollweg/Fedoruk/Asham type

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
  #4
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
He was a project from the beginning--why would Philly have dealt him in the Malakhov trade otherwise?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:35 PM
  #5
bmoak
Registered User
 
bmoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN View Post
I thought the CHL awas rock bottom, I was under the impression that the guy had some potential?
I wouldn't say it was rock-bottom. The ECHL, the UHL, and the CHL are all roughly equivalent to "AA" hockey. The ECHL has the most prestige because it has the large majority of NHL/AHL affiliations, but some teams have their primary "AA" affiliate in the CHL (Avs and Preds off the top of my head.) ECHL teams certainly more depth, and better young players, but a good first-line player in the CHL will be a goo first-line player in the ECHL.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 11:51 PM
  #6
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
I wouldn't say it was rock-bottom. The ECHL, the UHL, and the CHL are all roughly equivalent to "AA" hockey. The ECHL has the most prestige because it has the large majority of NHL/AHL affiliations, but some teams have their primary "AA" affiliate in the CHL (Avs and Preds off the top of my head.) ECHL teams certainly more depth, and better young players, but a good first-line player in the CHL will be a goo first-line player in the ECHL.
i always thought just injuries held him back, I guess not. Oh well.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 01:05 AM
  #7
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,917
vCash: 500
It's a long way back from Memphis. Good luck Rick.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 01:35 AM
  #8
dukesnider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Coach Derek Wilkinson benched him in Charlotte the last few games. He was becoming a cancer on the team. Not practicing hard, doing his own thing on the ice and has had a few run-ins with teammates.

dukesnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 04:58 AM
  #9
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,550
vCash: 500
The second round pick received in the Vladimir Malakhov-Rick Kozak deal was used to trade up to select Marc Staal when the Rangers swapped #16 and #41 to Atlanta for #12.#41 was the Flyers second round pick

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 05:45 PM
  #10
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
I was at the Thankgiving night game in Gwinnett and he was just floating around, not really interested. Then again there really were that many Checkers' players interested in playing that night. Though I thought both Potter and Graham played well in a blowout loss.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 05:49 PM
  #11
captaincheat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Regina, Sask., Can.
Country: Canada
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
ECHL = AA
UHL/CHL = the end of the line.

captaincheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:44 PM
  #12
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
I was at the Thankgiving night game in Gwinnett and he was just floating around, not really interested. Then again there really were that many Checkers' players interested in playing that night. Though I thought both Potter and Graham played well in a blowout loss.
i wonder why Graham has not been called up to the Pack yet, with Callahan with the Rangers. I know Callahan is gonna be sent down once J Ward is healthy but Graham has proven he is doing well at the ECHL level, he should be in the AHL. His injuries hurt him last year.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 07:50 AM
  #13
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
i wonder why Graham has not been called up to the Pack yet, with Callahan with the Rangers. I know Callahan is gonna be sent down once J Ward is healthy but Graham has proven he is doing well at the ECHL level, he should be in the AHL. His injuries hurt him last year.
Potter was Head & Shoulders the best dman on the ice that night. He is very good on his positional play, he plays the body when required, meaning he doesn't take himself out of the play to lay a hit on someone when that isn't what is required.
His lateral speed I thought has improved since his college days. He is very smooth on his skates, has good balance and certainly should not be playing in the ECHL.

He is getting a ton of ice time, so I guess that is the trade off. If HArtford continues to struggle I can't see wht Puriton is eating up ice time when the same ice time could go to Potter.

Graham loves to carry the puck. He more of a play maker, at least in the game I saw. True he doesn't use his body to be an imposing banger, rather he uses it to screen and hold off defenders.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 08:13 AM
  #14
bathgate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Potter was Head & Shoulders the best dman on the ice that night. He is very good on his positional play, he plays the body when required, meaning he doesn't take himself out of the play to lay a hit on someone when that isn't what is required.
His lateral speed I thought has improved since his college days. He is very smooth on his skates, has good balance and certainly should not be playing in the ECHL.

He is getting a ton of ice time, so I guess that is the trade off. If HArtford continues to struggle I can't see wht Puriton is eating up ice time when the same ice time could go to Potter.

Graham loves to carry the puck. He more of a play maker, at least in the game I saw. True he doesn't use his body to be an imposing banger, rather he uses it to screen and hold off defenders.
How have you been?It's been a long time since you posted. How's the family? I have always enjoyed our dialogue

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.