HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Info needed on: Michael Blunden & Matt Keetley

Old
11-28-2006, 08:37 PM
SaveHextall

vCash: 500
Info needed on: Michael Blunden & Matt Keetley

Any info on how these guys are playing as well as how strong of a prospect you think they are would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like Keetley came out of nowhere last year and had a sick WHL year but I'm not sure if that was a big surprise or if he can maintain that level of play.

From what i've read about Blunden, he sounds big and physical, but I dont really know much else.

Thanks for all your help to whoever posts...

SaveHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=9206

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=9140

Just some stuff on both of em from a little while back.

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 06:49 PM
SaveHextall

Thanks for the articles Abyss!

Anybody else got anything to offer?

SaveHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Twist and Shout

Blunden's girlfriend is a good friend of mine.

That's all I have on him.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7772

Quote:
21. Matt Keetley
Position: Goaltender
Team: Medicine Hat Tigers
Height: 6’2
Weight: 215lbs
Catches: Right
ISS Ranking: 20th Goalie Overall

With Kevin Nastiuk entrenched as the team’s starter, Medicine Hat product Matt Keetley was satisfied living out his dream and playing for the local powerhouse junior club. However, Nastiuk’s play dropped off the map following an incredibly hot start to the year and so Keetley was given an opportunity that he gladly ran away with.

Keetley put together a 6-2 January where he held a 1.88 GAA and a .932 save percentage and took over the starting job while Nastiuk nursed a sore hand for an abnormally long period of time amidst rumblings of off-ice problems. At the end of the season, Keetley had posted an incredible 21-5-3 record, 1.66 GAA and .933 save percentage as well as six shutouts. There was much made of Nastiuk setting a new Tigers benchmark for shutouts with seven but Keetley’s total also beat the old team record in just 32 games. Statistically, Keetley had the best regular season goals against average and save percentage in the entire WHL and his .656 winning percentage was bested only by Tyler Plante (.708) and Jeff Glass (.667).

Keetley started in net for the Tigers in their opening playoff series against Red Deer but after winning game one, he surrendered three goals in just over a period in the second game and lost his spot to Nastiuk for the remainder of the postseason.

Scout #1: He takes up a lot of room in the net like a big goalie should but like a small goalie he’s very agile. I’d like to see him as a starter and play 50 or 60 games but he took over from Nastiuk when the divisional race was too close to call and wasn’t affected by the pressure down the stretch. At the end of February he played three games in three nights and gave up a total of three goals, plus he had three shutouts in the last five games of the year.

ISS (June): He’s a fair sized goalie and he stood his ground but there was something that made me not like him; he was rough around the edges. He played his position pretty good and he used his size well. Keetley looks a bit awkward to me but being a southpaw makes it look that way at time. In his defense, in the playoffs he had to play shutout hockey the whole way to not have Nastiuk come in. I still think he has potential because of his size and you can’t knock his stats, I don’t think you can argue his record of 21-5 so he must have been doing something right.

Blunden -- http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/tea...aelBlunden.asp

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote