HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Perezhogin

Old
11-29-2006, 10:24 AM
vcx*

vCash: 500
Do what i do, pretend they are going to be a bust like Pavel Brendl.

That way, if they do well, you can say hey he's better than i thought he was gonna be. haha

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihilist View Post
Perezhogin would be much more dangerous if he stopped falling down all the time. If he manages to correct that problem, the guy will be a lot better.
He's got to learn how to protect the puck better too.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:30 AM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
30 goals, on a 3rd line... you're joking right ?
yeah, its not the 80s

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:35 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
He's slowly developping. He's surely not a bust. I still have high expectations for him. And as most posters said, he's only 23...

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Perezhogin is good, and i dont worry about him at all, he will get there.... Just put him with Koivu...

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:40 AM

He's slowly coming along, he's getting chances (actually the whole team is) he's just not converting right now (like the whole team).

I've been saying this since last year, but Perezhogin does everything at a light speed pace, he needs to know when to slow it down and when to go full tilt. Alot of times he'll rush a shot not knowing he's got more time than he realizes. I hope the Habs stick it through with him, because i've got the feeling that once his hands catch up to his feet, he'll be a dangerous scorer.

I'd also like the coaching staff to give him some time on the PK...his agressive forechecking style could be useful IMO.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
He is a very good player, but my expectations for him were a little high I think. I expected him to be a 30 goal guy.

While I do think he is kinda a bust offensively, I belive he is a great 3rd liner. I do believe he will be an effectively speedy guy who can pop in 10 to 15 goals each year.

Do you guys agree? I'd keep him on our 3rd line with Johnson for years to come. Maybe even Bonk can stay for another year or so.

Also, do you see him going back to Russia if he continues to play 3rd line minutes? I'm not saying he may want out of Montreal but do you think he has a future as a Hab?

In all honesty, I think he has quite a lot of offensive upside. The best comparison I would see is a within our team. Look no further then Higgins. Perezhogin this year looks a whole lot like Higgins last year except he does not play PK (mind you I do not understand why). Higgins had a pretty slow start last year and then go his chance on the first line with Koivu, but even before he got his chance with Koivu he could not burry anything when playing with Ryder and Ribeiro. Perezhogin is performing just as well as Higgins did last year (except he is 2 years older). He is strong in the corners, fast as a great shot. I realy like what I am seeing and there is no reason for him not being able to reach the 60-70pts per season mark down the road but....

Just like many other guys we have seen ...like Marcel Hossa, Jan Bulis, everything happens between the years and we do not know how he will react down the road. But I realy think that all three, Perezhogin, Plekanek, Higgins have a similar toolset and they will be part of our core for years to come (unless traded).

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
In all honesty, I think he has quite a lot of offensive upside. The best comparison I would see is a within our team. Look no further then Higgins. Perezhogin this year looks a whole lot like Higgins last year except he does not play PK (mind you I do not understand why). Higgins had a pretty slow start last year and then go his chance on the first line with Koivu, but even before he got his chance with Koivu he could not burry anything when playing with Ryder and Ribeiro. Perezhogin is performing just as well as Higgins did last year (except he is 2 years older). He is strong in the corners, fast as a great shot. I realy like what I am seeing and there is no reason for him not being able to reach the 60-70pts per season mark down the road but....

Just like many other guys we have seen ...like Marcel Hossa, Jan Bulis, everything happens between the years and we do not know how he will react down the road. But I realy think that all three, Perezhogin, Plekanek, Higgins have a similar toolset and they will be part of our core for years to come (unless traded).
Agreed, great post.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
He is strong in the corners, fast as a great shot.
I'm not to impressed by his work in the corners so far (falls down alot, has difficulty protecting the puck, keeps his head down) and his shot is at best, good, not great. I think people seem to be impressed by him because he has good speed and decent hands, but he definitely needs to develop his hockey sense and stability (with and without the puck) in order to become a dominant player.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 01:19 PM
V-2 Schneider

Montreal drafted Mark Hunter at # 7 in the 1981 draft.He played on the 3rd line with gainey and Jarvis,learning how D and being broken in slowly.He was the goat in the 1982 OT playoff loss vs the Nordiques,yet soldiered on, until Serge Savard decided to send him to St Louis on draft day 1985.

Hunter exploded to become a 50 goal scorer the next season,fulfilling the expectations of being such a high first round selection.Patience, and a lack of imagination, seemed to be all that was missing from those charged who set the Hab lineups.

I hope history doesn't repeat, though it has in dealing John LeClair,who only scored "19" goals in a strike shortened '94-95 season.If the talent,desire and hockey sense are there, then you have no need to deal away talent.Unless someone better takes his job away.

V-2 Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
I'm not to impressed by his work in the corners so far (falls down alot, has difficulty protecting the puck, keeps his head down) and his shot is at best, good, not great. I think people seem to be impressed by him because he has good speed and decent hands, but he definitely needs to develop his hockey sense and stability (with and without the puck) in order to become a dominant player.
He's very strong in the corners, one of the best players to digg a puck and bring it in the high slot or feed the D.

I would like Zhogy to be used on the PK, he's quite good defensively and has a ton of speed like Higgy and Plekanec.. I would try it.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Brett38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
He is a very good player, but my expectations for him were a little high I think. I expected him to be a 30 goal guy.

While I do think he is kinda a bust offensively, I belive he is a great 3rd liner. I do believe he will be an effectively speedy guy who can pop in 10 to 15 goals each year.

Do you guys agree? I'd keep him on our 3rd line with Johnson for years to come. Maybe even Bonk can stay for another year or so.

Also, do you see him going back to Russia if he continues to play 3rd line minutes? I'm not saying he may want out of Montreal but do you think he has a future as a Hab?

If you want any chance of signing Markov, Souray and the RFA's, you virtually have to let Abby, Bonk and Janne walk in the off season. No way can Montreal afford to sign Bonk.

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 01:54 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
When our PK forwards become Higgins, D'Agostini, Plekanec and Perezhogin. We'll have more shorthanded goals than even-strength and a powerplay combined.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
mcphee

I don't have a clue how he'll develop. He's tenacious on the puck, he plays like he 'wants' it and to me that's a big thing. There's something missing though, maybe it's how to play away from the puck, find open shooting areas ? I'm not sure but I think his low numbers stem from that. It seems he has to work hard for every shot.

Maybe that's part of his development too, and it's just a matter of patience. Whether he's a modest scorer and tenacious checker, or a solid 25 goal man, he can play in the league, it's just a matter of what kind of player he ends up as.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett38 View Post
If you want any chance of signing Markov, Souray and the RFA's, you virtually have to let Abby, Bonk and Janne walk in the off season. No way can Montreal afford to sign Bonk.
Nope, we probably can't afford Bonk but Lapierre will be more than able to do what Bonk is doing this season, just without the experience.

Old
11-29-2006, 02:28 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Nope, we probably can't afford Bonk but Lapierre will be more than able to do what Bonk is doing this season, just without the experience.
Thats a bold statement for someone who could'nt muster 25 goals in junior let alone the NHL...

About as optimisitc as everyone who clamoured Grabovsky would jump into the #2 center spot out of training camp...

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Bonk is one of the best defensive centers this year, you can't realistically hope to replace that with a rookie.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:45 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
He definitely needs to buy a heavier stick.
Forget about that...maybe he should eat some of this Tim Horton's chilli and garlic toast...mmmm.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 03:41 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Bonk is one of the best defensive centers this year, you can't realistically hope to replace that with a rookie.
Maybe not, or maybe so...!!

Lapierre (center) is extremely hungry, and next year he's gonna be even hungRIER for some HABS action!!

Chipchura (center) will also be hungry next season for some HABS action. He will definitely benefit from a full year in AHL.

Priorities: sign Markov, Souray, and Rivet (if you can), and then sign the others (whoever you can...sign Bonk if he takes a major paycut, he OWES us for at least 2 years!!).

Lapierre & Chipchura (who are winners) have to start some day...
I'm sure they will represent the Habs like Kirk Muller did (all work, no play...heart, heart, heart...).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-30-2006 at 03:47 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 06:55 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Thats a bold statement for someone who could'nt muster 25 goals in junior let alone the NHL...

About as optimisitc as everyone who clamoured Grabovsky would jump into the #2 center spot out of training camp...
Not many people can hold Crosby pointless in the NHL, with NHL caliber players. But Lapierre was responsible in his junior days to shut down Crosby. He did it. I'd say the kid has the abilities to become a good Third/Fourth line Center.

Old
11-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
how much ice-time are you expecting for a guy playing on a 3rd line with NO PP or PK time at all ?
When Sammy was supposed to be put on the 3rd or 4th line I thought that perez play dictated that he got a spot on the 2nd, instead he was demoted to the 4th and Sammy was placed on the 3rd.

Same sort of thing when Higgins went down I half expected him or Johnson to get the spot because they were playing so well, however that was not the case I guess.

Perez when hes on his game he is really noticeable out there, he might not be scoring but hes creating chances for himself and his linemates. When he started this season he was getting 4th line minutes, some games he wouldnt even be out there for 10.

I expect if a player is perfoming well he should be rewarded with pp time or pk time just extra icetime in general, I think that Perez has been good so far this season and probably deserves something more.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I would like Zhogy to be used on the PK, he's quite good defensively and has a ton of speed like Higgy and Plekanec.. I would try it.
I was thinking of Perezhogin on the PK a couple of weeks ago. It makes perfect sense. He's fast, defensively responsible, with good hockey sense.

My only hesitation is that I'm not certain how Perezhogin likes putting himself in shooting lanes and blocking shots.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:05 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I was thinking of Perezhogin on the PK a couple of weeks ago. It makes perfect sense. He's fast, defensively responsible, with good hockey sense.

My only hesitation is that I'm not certain how Perezhogin likes putting himself in shooting lanes and blocking shots.
I was also wondering why he hadn't played on the pk yet. I wonder if it's a matter of assigments ? Knowing how to execute something specific, not sure. Could be simply that Ryder and Koivu have played together enough that they can read each other better, or that it makes sense to take 2 guys from the same line ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Maybe not, or maybe so...!!

Lapierre (center) is extremely hungry, and next year he's gonna be even hungRIER for some HABS action!!

Chipchura (center) will also be hungry next season for some HABS action. He will definitely benefit from a full year in AHL.

Priorities: sign Markov, Souray, and Rivet (if you can), and then sign the others (whoever you can...sign Bonk if he takes a major paycut, he OWES us for at least 2 years!!).

Lapierre & Chipchura (who are winners) have to start some day...
I'm sure they will represent the Habs like Kirk Muller did (all work, no play...heart, heart, heart...).
Wether they're hungry or not doesn't mean they're better players. Bonk has been one of the best defensive centers, Lapierre and Chipchura don't have the maturity to go up against the best players in the league. You'd honestly feel comfortable having Lapierre or Chipchura shadowing Sundin?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote