HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

December Captain, Who Ya Got?

View Poll Results: December Captain, Who Ya Got?
Daniel Briere 3 8.57%
Curtis Brown 1 2.86%
Chris Drury 8 22.86%
J.P. Dumont 7 20.00%
Rory Fitzpatrick 0 0%
Adam Mair 5 14.29%
James Patrick 3 8.57%
Miroslav Satan 0 0%
Alexei Zhitnik 8 22.86%
other (please name) 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 05:01 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

vCash: 500
December Captain, Who Ya Got?

Personally, though I hate rotating the C as much as anyone, I think they should keep doing it for now, I'm saying Dumont in December.

Old
11-28-2003, 05:04 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Personally, though I hate rotating the C as much as anyone, I think they should keep doing it for now, I'm saying Dumont in December.
Dumont's playing fine. I don't want ANYTHING changed in his game, even if it is something special like being captain. Don't change a thing. I would give it to Curtis Brown or Alex Zhitnik. Both need to elevate thier games just a lil IMO, perhaps being in the spotlight will help them out.

Last edited by KillToronto: 11-28-2003 at 09:09 AM.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:07 AM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Good thinking, however Dumont's playing fine. I don't want ANYTHING changed in his game, even if it is something special like being captain. Don't change a thing. I would give it to Curtis Brown or Alex Zhitnik. Both need to elevate thier games just a lil IMO, perhaps being in the spotlight will help them out.
I would say keep it exactly how it is now. No need to change at all

Old
11-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Freezerburn

Give it to Jeep and then see how everyone responds. He deserves it especially with the number of games he's playing now. Dumont has earned it with his play but he is doing just fine with the "A".

Patrick---C
Dumont---A
Zhitnik---A

Old
11-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I'm going with Zhitnik getting the letter and having Satan and Briere as "A"'s...

Old
11-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Give it to Zhitnik. He's next on the pecking order and he's earned it with his solid play. The Sabres can't afford to alienate their No 1 dman, and there's really no reason to not give him the C.

Old
11-28-2003, 02:03 PM
Takeo

Drury. Just Drury. Drury. I mean...let's end this stupid...Drury. My vote is Chris Drury.

Old
11-28-2003, 02:14 PM
RattledSABRE

I agree that I don't like a rotating C ,but that being said if it has to rotate it has got to go to Dumont.With a rotating C it means whomever elevates their game and plays well deserves and nobody desrves more at this point than Dumont.Zhitnik has been here awhile and may deserve if he has a good December,but the way Dumont is playing it has to be him.

Old
11-28-2003, 05:42 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Zhitnik's been a Sabre since the stone age, and as far as I remember he hasn't had the C. He's been playing great this year, and I think he definitely deserves it.

Old
11-28-2003, 06:31 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Drury. Just Drury. Drury. I mean...let's end this stupid...Drury. My vote is Chris Drury.
After tonight's great comeback win the Sabres are 5-5-2-1 for November. They were 6-5 in October. That wasn't good enough for Satan to continue to wear the C for another month. Satan has a lot of pals on this team. It's going to be hard to justify to them why Drury should continue to wear the C. Miro sulking was bad enough. If Drury gets the C, we could very well have a divided lockerroom. It's just not worth the risk. It's not fair to Drury either to have his teammates resent him through no fault of his own. I think he is the Sabres future captain, but it's best to wait until he proves it so clearly that no one can whine about it.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:35 PM
Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Satan has a lot of pals on this team. It's going to be hard to justify to them why Drury should continue to wear the C. Miro sulking was bad enough. If Drury gets the C, we could very well have a divided lockerroom. It's just not worth the risk.

Wow...I heard different...I only sit at the games next to Rick Martin up in section 211 ...you might not know of him but he says Satan is a loner and doesn't hang with the boys all that much.

Anyway I am sure Coach Ruff has a handle on the team and knows what is best.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Takeo

Quote:
After tonight's great comeback win the Sabres are 5-5-2-1 for November. They were 6-5 in October. That wasn't good enough for Satan to continue to wear the C for another month. Satan has a lot of pals on this team. It's going to be hard to justify to them why Drury should continue to wear the C. Miro sulking was bad enough. If Drury gets the C, we could very well have a divided lockerroom. It's just not worth the risk. It's not fair to Drury either to have his teammates resent him through no fault of his own. I think he is the Sabres future captain, but it's best to wait until he proves it so clearly that no one can whine about it.
Dude, i'm sorry, but Drury is the only guy who gives 110% every shift, he's in on every scrap, he's in the corners, he's in front of the net, he's scrumming, he's creating scoring chances, he's everywhere....goals scored or not, i notice him every shift. but then again i'm drunk. cheers

Old
11-29-2003, 03:49 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

My vote went to JP. His production has been too good to overlook.

Old
11-29-2003, 06:57 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

I'm not sure if I would want to give JP the C what would happen once his month is over when he gets busted down to A or nothing again, we dont want his play to deteriorate, I'd keep him as an A and give the C to maybe Patrick or Mair, I'd like to see Patrick get it as he has been an unsung hero for the past 3 seasons.

Old
11-29-2003, 11:25 AM
TheGreatOne99

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatOne99 Send a message via Yahoo to TheGreatOne99
My vote went for Zhitnik, He has just been a rock back there for us. Also he has been with he Sabres for so long now he deserves the 'C' as one of the senior members on the team. Drury and Dumont should get the 'A'. By the way I think roatating captancy is only going to create a distraction for a young team like ours. Unless it is given to someone who commands the respect of the whole team. I am sure Lindy knows whats up though.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that Kalinin had really picked up his play of late?

Old
11-29-2003, 03:07 PM
BG43

I picked Briere.

Next would probably be Dumont

Old
11-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Takeo

Quote:
But if I had to choose a new set:

C - Briere
A - Dumont
A - Patrick

Old
11-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

I've changed my mind. Give the C to Delmore permanantly. That way we'll be assured he won't be with the team long.

Old
11-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I've changed my mind. Give the C to Delmore permanantly. That way we'll be assured he won't be with the team long.

Beautiful set ups for a couple scoring chances tonight. Too bad he seemed to forget which team he was on...

Old
11-29-2003, 07:02 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Beautiful set ups for a couple scoring chances tonight. Too bad he seemed to forget which team he was on...
Campbell must feel like crap, sitting and watching behind this garbage.

Old
11-30-2003, 04:51 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
For all of Campbell's speed and playmaking ability, he looks like he's become Greg Brown Part II. I could see him back in the AHL and rarely if ever back in the show very soon.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Tucker

Quote:

Just curious...why should Brian feel like crap???

If he has distinguished himself over these defenseman can you please show me where and how...thanks.

Closed Thread