HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ladd?

Old
11-29-2006, 08:39 AM
littleguybigstik

vCash: 500
ladd?

is he hurt or is there a reason for him to be getting such low ice time? Hard to believe with such little ice time he is actually contributing on the scoresheet. Is he going to move to a top 6 role in the next couple of years? Can he be a ppg player or a jp dumont type?

littleguybigstik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 12:16 PM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

I think the coaches are just disappointed is his lack of effectiveness. I believe they felt he could take over on the second line with Rod Brind'Amour and Justin Williams at the start of the season, but he never got in the flow of the game and was surpassed on the depth chart by both Ray Whitney and Scott Walker. He has picked his game up the past week or two and I still love his physical play. Hopefully, he can put it all together as I think an eventual line with him, Eric Staal, and Erik Cole could be unstoppable in the future.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 12:25 PM
robotron2084

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
and was surpassed on the depth chart by both Ray Whitney and Scott Walker.
I think you can actually add Chad LaRose to that list. Watching him on the 3rd line with Belanger and Letowski is pure excitement.

robotron2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Matsi
got paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
I think the coaches are just disappointed is his lack of effectiveness. I believe they felt he could take over on the second line with Rod Brind'Amour and Justin Williams at the start of the season, but he never got in the flow of the game and was surpassed on the depth chart by both Ray Whitney and Scott Walker.
Was he really ever ahead of Whitney and Walker? I don't think so...

Though, as you said, they might have expected more of him, so to compensate for the loss of Stillman. On the other hand it was pretty clear that he would be on the third line when Stillman returns, with Ray and Cory being the top-six LWs. And now with the addition of Walker and Ladd's play, he's the odd man out in the top-six... or even top-nine

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote