HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rule I Think Should Be Abolished.

Old
11-30-2006, 02:11 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
I thought you were going to say the delay of game penalty for shooting the puck over the glass.

Both rules make no sense.
That's exactly what I thought when I was opening this thread. I agree, both threads are dumb.

The current "Delay of Game" penalty should be replaced by not allowing the offending team to change (like icing).

Kostitsyn404*

Yeah okay... says Kerry Fraser. Who knows why that guy gives out ANY of his penalties. If I was on that show, I would say this to Fraser:

"Just because you make up stupid reasons to give penalties in your head doesn't mean that's how it's supposed to work Kerry, if that IS your real name, you pansy!"

Then I'd probably get kicked off of the show though. Yeah they'd get Darren Deuteschyn to beat me up.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RussCourtnallsGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Doesn't sound stupid at all. I just think a penalty is too extreme. It should be face off in your teams zone no line change. The other team shud be allowed to make the change tho. So basically thats your penalty. They win the face off, your tired 3rd line is up against their refreshed 1st.
I actually agree with you that there should be no penalty at all, but I also think the NHL has a valid concern with the trend of shooting the puck over the glass. The NHL wants to see less players shooting the puck over the glass, but they should also recognize that its certainly not as severe as a crosscheck or a roughing penalty, this way, a 1 minute penalty gets the point across, but doesn't change the flow of the game as much. Hell, why not make it a 30 second penalty.

RussCourtnallsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 02:12 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendextall View Post
I disagree about never calling an intentional delay of game. Unlike diving or other discretionary calls, intentionally putting the puck over the glass is pretty apparent. It's the same as saying refs won't be calling stupid penalties in the 3rd period of a tight game, but they keep doing that.
When's the last time you've seen a ref call a dive in the last 5 minutes of close game?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryder6 View Post
I actually agree with you that there should be no penalty at all, but I also think the NHL has a valid concern with the trend of shooting the puck over the glass. The NHL wants to see less players shooting the puck over the glass, but they should also recognize that its certainly not as severe as a crosscheck or a roughing penalty, this way, a 1 minute penalty gets the point across, but doesn't change the flow of the game as much. Hell, why not make it a 30 second penalty.
I see where your coming from. It's just that it would change the mechanics of the game a little too much. You start introducing Minor-Minor penalties and who knows, 10 years from now we've got all these stupid calls where the game is delayed to call a 30second to 1minute penalty for something dumb... say.... knocking the net off of the moorings.... or the goaly skating out of his "zone" (the lines behind the net).

Old
11-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
When's the last time you've seen a ref call a dive in the last 5 minutes of close game?
Never?

Old
11-30-2006, 02:49 PM
hendextall

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
I don't mean a dive. I'm saying more like hooking. I've seen way to many penalties this year when another player hooks another player's stick. It was mainly sarcasm, but the fact it refs are calling penalties in tight games with less than 5 minutes left. I've seen it many times this year, so what makes a delay of game call any harder when it is obvious.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 03:27 PM
guest1467

this rule bugs me the most

i think the rule that makes no sense to me,is being able to use your hand to clear the puck from the defensive zone, it allows you to bat the puck in the air without playing with your stick. if you cant do a glove pass out of the defensive zone then why r u allowed to in the defensive zone? it takes away scoring chances and allows less skilled defensemen/forwards to make an easy play on the puck.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:47 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
I see where your coming from. It's just that it would change the mechanics of the game a little too much. You start introducing Minor-Minor penalties and who knows, 10 years from now we've got all these stupid calls where the game is delayed to call a 30second to 1minute penalty for something dumb... say.... knocking the net off of the moorings.... or the goaly skating out of his "zone" (the lines behind the net).
Knocking the net off the moorings is already a penalty, served for 2 minutes.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Grognon

Shootout ..

Grognon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
How is it OK for a player to not be used to the lower glass in certain arenas? How is it OK to penalize a player when he obviously didn't intend for it to go out, knowing full well he'd be penalized?
im not a fan of the rule but....In baseball every field has different dimensions. Some are just F@#ked up

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote