HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Corey Sarich

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Dan K211
Jaws

vCash: 500
Corey Sarich

Hi all. I was wondering how Sarich has been playing and if he might be a deadline trade player that TB might be willing to part with if TB falls out of contention. He'll be UFA in case you weren't aware. What would it take to acquire him?

Old
11-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Hockeyfan02

He's struggled this year and is a bit of a whipping boy on these boards by some. If the Lightning were to be out of contention, it would probably take a draft pick, probably a 3rd-4th rounder or a decent prospect.

Old
11-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Dan K211
Jaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
He's struggled this year and is a bit of a whipping boy on these boards by some. If the Lightning were to be out of contention, it would probably take a draft pick, probably a 3rd-4th rounder or a decent prospect.
Cool. I was expecting him to have a solid year this season so that he can cash in on a nice contract after the year. He should provide nice depth for any team that might decide to go after him.
How has he struggled? Mobility? Decision making? Lack of effort?

Old
11-30-2006, 03:28 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan K211 View Post
How has he struggled? Mobility? Decision making? Lack of effort?
Yes, yes, and yes.

Old
11-30-2006, 03:28 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
I would love a mid round pick and a decent prospect for Sarich. I doubt his value would be much though.

Old
11-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
He has had his fair share of bad plays. I am not going to sit here and feed you line about how great he is but let's put it like this: When the team plays good he accels. When the team plays bad he looks bad. The only problem is that his mistakes are amplified and magnified beyond belief.

Old
11-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Tokala

He used to be the guy that people counted on for the big hit in the defensive zone. The coaching staff seem to have done their magic and removed that from his game. That makes his struggles with puckhandling, passing and positioning seem magnified. I bet if the coaching staff loosened the reins some, we'd see the "old" Sarich back at the blueline.

Old
11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Dan K211
Jaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
He used to be the guy that people counted on for the big hit in the defensive zone. The coaching staff seem to have done their magic and removed that from his game. That makes his struggles with puckhandling, passing and positioning seem magnified. I bet if the coaching staff loosened the reins some, we'd see the "old" Sarich back at the blueline.
Thanks for the responses. I was thinking the Sharks can use someone like him for some depth for the stretch run. Just to provide some veteran stability to a young D squad.

Old
12-01-2006, 03:10 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Coincidently, the other day I was pondering who the Lightning could trade off various pending free agents to as the trade deadline approaches and San Jose came to mind for Sarich. He probably needs a trade to refocus him. I was never high on Sarich when he was popular, but I'm also not down on him now that it's fashionable to blame him. He is what he is, a solid defensive D-man. His value will probably be a function of how many defensemen are available. GM's will like the fact he's won a ring. So, while he might only be 'worth' a 4th or 5th, Feaster might get a 3rd for him.

Closed Thread