HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fischer in the mix

Old
11-30-2006, 06:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Fischer in the mix

There's an article that talks about Fischer and Team USA, saying he is in the mix for a roster spot this year. The problem is that his coach doesn't want him to go if he's only going to be a 7th defensemen cause Minnesota is the #1 team in the NCAA and would not have enough players since USA is looking at 8 players from U Minn alone.

http://www.startribune.com/512/story/843574.html

and something I wrote,

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....article&sid=38

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Interesting, though I had read casually that he's very much a longshot. Still, this kind of thing is really about positioning himself for next year, as the WJC is a 19 year old's tournament, as Bob Mckenzie likes to say. I'd be happy if he put in a good showing in the eyes of their evaluators even without making the team.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:18 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
There's an article that talks about Fischer and Team USA, saying he is in the mix for a roster spot this year. The problem is that his coach doesn't want him to go if he's only going to be a 7th defensemen cause Minnesota is the #1 team in the NCAA and would not have enough players since USA is looking at 8 players from U Minn alone.

http://www.startribune.com/512/story/843574.html

and something I wrote,

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....article&sid=38
Good stuff Montreal. Any impressions on Maxwell last night?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Toro

the pic of fisher and gainey is priceless, you don't see gainey smile like that very often. He must have been really happy to draft fisher at 20th

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:51 PM
pc_md

Great article Montreal. Have you had the chance to watch him this year ? If so, what did you think of his play and what are his main weaknesses ?

pc_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
Great article Montreal. Have you had the chance to watch him this year ? If so, what did you think of his play and what are his main weaknesses ?
I've seen most of his games, got several on tape so I can rewatch them. I like what I've seen from him, really impressed with how he moves the puck and he's been good in his own end for the most part. He has made some mistakes but that's to be expected. Right now his weaknesses I would say is a lack of confidence, he rarely shoots the puck and often just passes it or dumps it off the glass. Perhaps the coaching staff tells him not to do too much yet, especially since he's often paired with another freshman.

Quote:
Any impressions on Maxwell last night
No didn't see the game. I have seen him this year and he was ok. He's got the speed and offensive skills, should be fun to see how he progresses over the next 3 or so years.

Old
12-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I've seen most of his games, got several on tape so I can rewatch them. I like what I've seen from him, really impressed with how he moves the puck and he's been good in his own end for the most part. He has made some mistakes but that's to be expected. Right now his weaknesses I would say is a lack of confidence, he rarely shoots the puck and often just passes it or dumps it off the glass. Perhaps the coaching staff tells him not to do too much yet, especially since he's often paired with another freshman.

No didn't see the game. I have seen him this year and he was ok. He's got the speed and offensive skills, should be fun to see how he progresses over the next 3 or so years.

Is he supposed to have a good shot??? Can you compare his style of play with a NHLer...

Thanks

Subban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 02:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1 View Post
Is he supposed to have a good shot??? Can you compare his style of play with a NHLer...

Thanks
I'd have to look up the scouting reports to know if he was supposed to have a good shot. He doesn't need a great shot, just would be good to see him shoot more, would be great to see him gain more confidence in the offensive zone, he seems to have a forwards instincts to a degree. I can't compare him to an NHLer.