HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Fisher Contract Extension

Old
12-01-2006, 10:45 AM
CheeseSandwich*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbth View Post
I still dont know why McAmmond doesnt get a crack at the top line. He must hate the kids or something.
probably has to do with developing Kelly

CheeseSandwich* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 10:56 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Megaphone View Post
2008 is going to be crazy. Here's hoping whowever is in charge keeps Fisher and Neil.
Neil is locked up to 2009, making $1.1M. For any who hates Muckler with a passion, just think about that deal to quiet your rage.

As for 2008, it's going to be bad, but, keep in mind, with the dropping UFA age, 2008 is going to be a chaotic year in general. It's really hard to tell what the market is going to be like. First of all, it's the first year of a UFA age of 27. It can really flood the market. It's also the year that Crosby, Ovechkin and Phaneuf all come off their rookie deals. Those are players that who will be making huge money as RFAs, as they are all franchise players, that are proving their worth as league elites. That's going to have an interesting impact on salary.

discostu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Sens4Cup

Quote:
I think that would be a pretty solid d and would cost in the 16 million range for the whole group. (Phillips 3 or 4, Volchenkov and Mez at 3, Lee at entry level, schubert at 2, Corvo at 2.5 and rookie at .450). That's a solid, though not spectacular, group.

Too be honest, I just did some calculating and 2008 will be crazy for us. If we keep that D and Gerber/Emery we are already looking at 21-22 million for the back end. That only leaves roughly 20 for the forwards. If you sign Heatley and Spezza at 6 and keep Alfie at 4.5 our team has basically no one else.

2008 is going to be crazy. Here's hoping whowever is in charge keeps Fisher and Neil.
Neil's contract comes up in 2009 so no worries there.

As far as that group, I'd ditch Gerber by then either by trade or buyout, sign Fisher and Heatley and Spezza to long-term contracts, sign Mez and Volchenkov to 3-4 year deals, sign Eaves for 1-2 yrs, sign Vermette long term around 2.5 million per for 5-6 yrs.

Sens4Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 02:28 PM
mjdm

Send a message via MSN to mjdm
Quote:
Part of me wants to yell about this, but in our new spirit of decorum I will ask: Why?
I ment to put in it.

mjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Neil is locked up to 2009, making $1.1M. For any who hates Muckler with a passion, just think about that deal to quiet your rage.

As for 2008, it's going to be bad, but, keep in mind, with the dropping UFA age, 2008 is going to be a chaotic year in general. It's really hard to tell what the market is going to be like. First of all, it's the first year of a UFA age of 27. It can really flood the market. It's also the year that Crosby, Ovechkin and Phaneuf all come off their rookie deals. Those are players that who will be making huge money as RFAs, as they are all franchise players, that are proving their worth as league elites. That's going to have an interesting impact on salary.
Wow, i forgot about that. Thats going to be one crazy summer. There should be plenty of action, trades, signings and players hiring moving companies. All teams are going to have to let certain players go, but all teams will have ample opportunity to re-stock the team with plenty of talent looking for jobs.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote