HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We Need Help Mr. Gainey

Old
11-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Tatay Farlo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
We Need Help Mr. Gainey

I love my Habs but we sucked tonight and really haven't been that great this year. Abby and lately Huet are the reasons why we are winning games, not the 12 forwards and 6 defensemen playing. Are lineup is soft and not offensive at all during 5 on 5 play. Our D is very shaky, especially with Streit, Niinama, Rivet and Souray. Niinama is in the press box where he belongs, but Streit and Rivet are garbage in my opinion as they make terrible decisions and Rivet is way too slow. Souray has forgotten to play defense this year but at least he brings the offense. Our offense is garbage. I miss Higgins but on our first line, Saku and Lats are doing well but Ryder isn't playing well at all and got an absolute gift tonight. Our second line is pure garbage. Samsonov and Kovalev need to leave as there lazy playing is discouraging. Our third line is the only decent line we have while our 4th, we need to bring Lappy up and get rid of Murray and put Dandault on defense and call up Kostitsyn to play on the 4th even.

At the end, we have NO go to person and need to stop relying on Huet as he can only do so much. It's time to shake this team and get rid of the deadweight!!

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
lol..typical habs fan

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Madevilz

z0mg push the panic button!

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:50 PM
MacHabs93

MOVE THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Time to trade everyone!

Before this game we had home ice for the 1st round of the playoffs!!!

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93 View Post
MOVE THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Time to trade everyone!

Before this game we had home ice for the 1st round of the playoffs!!!

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

We still have it.. We stay ahead of Carolina.. games in hand

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
lol..typical habs fan
Yup...
Gotta admit that the 2nd line isn't that good but I was pretty satisfied with what they've done tonight until everything went bad in the 3rd...
Maybe it's me but I think there's only Markov and Komisarek who played a "good" game on D, even Bouillon sucked imo.. Not a reason to trade the whole team though lol

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:57 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Yup...
Gotta admit that the 2nd line isn't that good but I was pretty satisfied with what they've done tonight until everything went bad in the 3rd...
Maybe it's me but I think there's only Markov and Komisarek who played a "good" game on D, even Bouillon sucked imo.. Not a reason to trade the whole team though lol
Ok, we'll keep Murray and Niinimaa!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay Farlo View Post
I love my Habs but we sucked tonight and really haven't been that great this year. Abby and lately Huet are the reasons why we are winning games, not the 12 forwards and 6 defensemen playing. Are lineup is soft and not offensive at all during 5 on 5 play. Our D is very shaky, especially with Streit, Niinama, Rivet and Souray. Niinama is in the press box where he belongs, but Streit and Rivet are garbage in my opinion as they make terrible decisions and Rivet is way too slow. Souray has forgotten to play defense this year but at least he brings the offense. Our offense is garbage. I miss Higgins but on our first line, Saku and Lats are doing well but Ryder isn't playing well at all and got an absolute gift tonight. Our second line is pure garbage. Samsonov and Kovalev need to leave as there lazy playing is discouraging. Our third line is the only decent line we have while our 4th, we need to bring Lappy up and get rid of Murray and put Dandault on defense and call up Kostitsyn to play on the 4th even.

At the end, we have NO go to person and need to stop relying on Huet as he can only do so much. It's time to shake this team and get rid of the deadweight!!
It's so predictable. Every loss means a token "Sky is Falling" thread.

Schooner Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Toro

right after a loss.....

but we could use a 2nd line center, pleks is out of his element there. He belongs on our 4th line. He is solid don't get me wrong, its just he is not a 2nd line center. KOvalev and samsonov either need to be traded or they need a legit top center to work with. WE may need it sooner rather than latter. Not sure if Gainey will wait till the trade deadline even though it comes sooner now. We will see

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:59 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Haha oh boy. We lost 4-2 and it's time to tear the team apart.

Imagine if we were the Leafs (3 game losing streak + lost 5-0 tonight).

Or Florida. They're losing 6-0 to the Sens tonight and haven't scored a goal in three games

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:59 PM
KaptainKourage*

Plekanec played great tonight.. if he keep it up.. I dont think we do need a 2nd line centre.. I would still take Nieuwnedyk from Florida hands though, I dont know

Gainey is a better hockey man than me and I have 100% confiance in him, cant wait to see what bunny he will get out of his hat ( I dont know if its expression is known in english but I use it anyway )

go habs go

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:00 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
It's so predictable. Every loss means a token "Sky is Falling" thread.
There are two types of Hab fans. Those that push panic button after every loss looking for others to make them feel better about themselves and the team, and others, who are there convincing the first and themselves that it's not all that bad.

Old
11-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Blades 0f Steel

IMO we have two gamebreakers, Souray and Higgins. I really wish I could say Kovalev is one, but that's not happening right now.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Gainey shouldn't blow it up, but there are some parts that aren't pulling their weight. We need another competent defenseman, as quantity over quality isn't exactly working well. It'd also be nice to dump some of the lazier components and get some guys with talent AND heart (and you know who I mean).

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:06 PM
kostitsyn1489

The easiest way to fix up all those problem is to move the team to mexico.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:06 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Gainey shouldn't blow it up, but there are some parts that aren't pulling their weight. We need another competent defenseman, as quantity over quality isn't exactly working well. It'd also be nice to dump some of the lazier components and get some guys with talent AND heart (and you know who I mean).
I would actually look at our offense first as far as 'heartless' players go. There's are those two guys on the second line I would begin with...

Old
11-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Ghost of Saku

Souray is such an old man when he handles the puck in his own zone. I don't know why so many people are praising him this year because all they are is blinded by his slapshot; the only thing he has going for him in terms of production.

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:08 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

What we need is to beat a team by blowout to calm us down, good thing the Leafs are next

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
What we need is to beat a team by blowout to calm us down, good thing the Leafs are next
The Laffs got a beat up tonight. I think they will be as hungry as we are.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Kruky

I somewhat agree.

Only line changes for now however.

Latendresse-Koivu-Samsonov/Kovalev
Ryder-Plekanec-Kovalev/Samsonov
Perezhoggin-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Lapierre-Dandenault/Kostistyn/Downey

Markov-Rivest
Komisarek-Souray
Bouillon-Streit/Dandenault

Niinima = Press box/waived/whatever/who cares
Downey = minors/waived/traded/who cares

Will talk again when Higgins comes back

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay Farlo View Post

this is what happens when you post too quickly after a loss. You say some things that you will probably regret.

While you make a few good points, your are really overexaggerating.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
this is what happens when you post too quickly after a loss. You say some things that you will probably regret.

what is this, marriage counselling?

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

I agree with you but those who come here and post stupid things like ZOMG push panic buttons are not better than the original poster.

The OP is bringing some interesting points but he is a bit too emotive right after a loss. Jumping in this thread and posting crap against him is pretty stupid in my opinion.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
I agree with you but those who come here and post stupid things like ZOMG push panic buttons are not better than the original poster.

The OP is bringing some interesting points but he is a bit too emotive right after a loss. Jumping in this thread and posting crap against him is pretty stupid in my opinion.
I hope I didn't give off the impression that I'm posting crap against him.

I normally enjoy TF's contributions to this board.

I can see what he's trying to say but he did go a bit overboard especially when he said the team hasn't been great alll year. That's emotion right there.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Ahhh, the diversity of our boards, gotta love it. I've been thinking this for awhile, even after our SO win the game before. If it wasn't for our special teams, we would be in much bigger trouble. Granted, maybe this post would've been better tomorrow but as a fan, tonight's game pointed out the obvious problem with our team and its not just this year. We don't have go to players. Each team has at least one go to player when they need a big play. Who do we have? I know it should be Kovalev but seeing him glide this year so far doesn't show me he wants it. I've been tough on Kovalev all year and will continue as he doesn't give it his best all game, every game. I think before this continues, why not trade our decent assets and build on a strong nucleus of youth and experience that do play (Saku, Higgins, Perezhogin, Johnson, Bonk, Pleks, Lappy, Komi, Huet). I'm not saying trade all the team but at least 3 components of it. Kovalev, Ryder, Samsonov and Abby (so maybe 4) would bring in along with picks and scrubs a strong defenseman and top 6 "true" offense player. Again, I'm not saying the sky is falling but to get to the next level, we need help and in my opinion, only Gainey can make that happen as with existing personnel, we won't get there.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote