HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hainsey or Bouillon?

View Poll Results: Hainsey or Bouillon ?
Ron Hainsey 40 71.43%
Francis Bouillon 16 28.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2003, 01:45 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 500
Hainsey or Bouillon?

Who do you think should be playing as the 6th defenceman for the canadien's?

Should Hainsey be allowed to make rookie mistakes all year and learn from them or should Bouillon play because of his work ethic?

Please vote!

Old
11-27-2003, 02:37 PM
BigM1ke

Bouillon is playing better than Hainsey... He diserves to play IMO.

He's one of the few playeres giving their 110% each games and he isn't afraid to hit the other team, something almost no one except Langdon and Begin can do right now for us.

Old
11-27-2003, 02:53 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

wow, it's 9 to 4 in Hainsey's favor. It was my last post. There's too much teenagers with no clue on those boards. Theodore sucks and the prospects are overrated to an extent I can't beleive.

Old
11-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Komisarek

Old
11-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Wildbeliefs

I can't bring myself to vote on this poll...

How about team Hainsey WITH Bouillon for the third D pairing? :p
And then replace Q with Komi and...
Markov - Brisebois
Souray - Komisarek
Bouillon - Hainsey (or other way around)

Ok, I'm off on a tangent... I really have to stop thinking about the Habs. Damn them and their addictiveness!

Old
11-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life

Should Hainsey be allowed to make rookie mistakes all year and learn from them or should Bouillon play because of his work ethic?

Please vote!
Bouillon by a mile!

Bouillon Bouillon Bouillon!

Old
11-27-2003, 04:19 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life

Please vote!
I was happy when Bouillion play a game and then, Hainsey replace him for the other one and...But,

For the actuel team: Bouillion
For the Future: Hainsey

I'm going with the future

Old
11-27-2003, 05:12 PM
DEBASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs

Markov - Brisebois
Souray - Komisarek

Ok, I'm off on a tangent... I really have to stop thinking about the Habs. Damn them and their addictiveness!
hmm..i like these defensive pairings. at this point quintal might be better suited to be a 7th D and spell komi, hainsey, and bouillon if they are playing poorly or need a night off.

i like the bouillon-hainsey combo. they would make some mistakes no doubt, but would be an exciting pairing to watch. i think a lot of people put too much emphasis on putting right handed defensemen on the right side and left handed D on the left side. most of the defensemen in the league are left handed - lots play on the right side.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Habsaku

Hainsey can play well on the Right side, its Quintal and Rivet who haven't impressed me the past three years, I don't see why Bouillon should be the one to pay.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:20 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kastsitsyn
Bouillon by a mile!

Bouillon Bouillon Bouillon!
Bouillon is a 28 year old dman with no size and very limited skills. Sure he brings grit and heart... but he brings nothing else to the table! Atleast Hainsey has a future.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Bouillon is a 28 year old dman with no size and very limited skills. Sure he brings grit and heart... but he brings nothing else to the table! Atleast Hainsey has a future.
Well, for a 28yr old dman with no size 5ft8 200lbs approx, it's weird that he doesn't get pushed around as much as Hainsey who is 6ft3 215lbs.

I feel Hainsey lacks the strength right now for the NHL, but he has a good frame, just needs to fill out a bit more(or perhaps workout harder, maybe ask Komisarek what kinda workout he does? ).

For the future, it's obvious its Hainsey, but right now i want us to use our little bodybuilder smurf instead of Hainsey.

Oh god i can't wait to see Komisarek playing tommorow

Old
11-27-2003, 07:09 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs

Markov - Brisebois
Souray - Komisarek

You read my mind With those defensive pairings we would have size, skill and offensive ability. These guys can take care of the front of the net and move the puck up the ice. With Rivet and Quintal off the ice it would cut down on mistakes which force their partners to alter their game.

Plus Komisarek and Hainsey to need to learn at the NHL level, I think that they have played enough in the minors and are ready to make the step.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:19 PM
Wildbeliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
You read my mind With those defensive pairings we would have size, skill and offensive ability. These guys can take care of the front of the net and move the puck up the ice. With Rivet and Quintal off the ice it would cut down on mistakes which force their partners to alter their game.

Plus Komisarek and Hainsey to need to learn at the NHL level, I think that they have played enough in the minors and are ready to make the step.
Yep... those were pretty much my thoughts when I thought of those pairings.

But very unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing that this year. The chances of both Rivet and Quintal not playing are about zilch, barring injury.

Old
11-28-2003, 04:45 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
wow, it's 9 to 4 in Hainsey's favor. It was my last post. There's too much teenagers with no clue on those boards. Theodore sucks and the prospects are overrated to an extent I can't beleive.
??? your last post???

I think you are a tad cynical... Obviously, you had higher expectations of this team.
But I do think there are some very intelligent posters in here, shure some yahoos (some) but not all posters are in the same basket.

Old
11-28-2003, 05:06 AM
Darz

Right now the best thing for Hainey is to go to Hamilton and learn a little thing about intensity and 100% effort. He has a bright future in Montreal if he can put everything together and by allowing him to play the entire year in Montreal regardless of the effort he puts forth would be a big mistake. He'll be back in Montreal, hopefully sooner than later, but until he learns to play with Boullion's intensity and effort he should stay in Hamilton. This is one of NHL life's little obstacles for Hainsey to overcome. If we let him play game after game regardless of effort etc. it would send a bad sign to ALL our prospects.

Old
11-28-2003, 06:53 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Right now the best thing for Hainey is to go to Hamilton and learn a little thing about intensity and 100% effort. He has a bright future in Montreal if he can put everything together and by allowing him to play the entire year in Montreal regardless of the effort he puts forth would be a big mistake. He'll be back in Montreal, hopefully sooner than later, but until he learns to play with Boullion's intensity and effort he should stay in Hamilton. This is one of NHL life's little obstacles for Hainsey to overcome. If we let him play game after game regardless of effort etc. it would send a bad sign to ALL our prospects.
You do make some good points, but Hainsey's slide in to mediocrity is due to lack of faith from management IMHO. Stats indicate his play is not hurting the team (and from what I've seen from him, he does not seem to be as well) His development I believe is better suited to be playing in the big show now. Facts state he is on the ice for more goals for us than he is not... That's good enough for me to keep him in the big show.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:00 AM
Habs4Life

From reading an article about Bob Gainey and about other prospects it indicated that Ron Hainsey was a little to into the night life of clubbing and so on..

It's his own fault for being sent down to Hamilton and if this is the case he has let alot of people down thus far

Old
11-28-2003, 07:11 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
You do make some good points, but Hainsey's slide in to mediocrity is due to lack of faith from management IMHO. Stats indicate his play is not hurting the team (and from what I've seen from him, he does not seem to be as well) His development I believe is better suited to be playing in the big show now. Facts state he is on the ice for more goals for us than he is not... That's good enough for me to keep him in the big show.
Actually based strictly on play he probablely is ready for the NHL, but I have a feeling management wants to see a little more matority and a little more desire shown on his part and a little trip to Hamilton might just help to the trick.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:27 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Actually based strictly on play he probablely is ready for the NHL, but I have a feeling management wants to see a little more matority and a little more desire shown on his part and a little trip to Hamilton might just help to the trick.
I see this move as a mistake (as I also believe re-signing Bouillon was...I was actually pretty pissed with that one)
Sure Hainsey has to mature a bit (he's apparently a young 21, rather than a mature 21). But I vehemently believe the send down had more to do with the recurring simplicity of his game... Dykhuis went down (and ultimately out) for that... But Julien who was given all the credit for working on the kids I think should have solved this... Not going down to a defensively oriented Jarvis.

Old
11-28-2003, 08:22 AM
GhostOfTheForum

Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Boulion cannot clear in front of the net, sure he takes a run at them in the corners but hardly ever gets the puck..........having heart is great.....but take his age, size and talent and he is just filling a hole, Hainsey should be in getting experience
face it, this is a rebuilding year

Old
11-28-2003, 08:26 AM
GhostOfTheForum

Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
only people that agree with you are worth reading?

Old
11-28-2003, 08:41 AM
Lil Viking

Quote:
I agree with Darz that the effort and intensity from Hainsey needs to be there durring every game. Perhaps Jarvis can instill some good work ethic into Hainsey. If so, we will be seeing him again soon. In the short term, I'll take Bouillon.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Viking
I agree with Darz that the effort and intensity from Hainsey needs to be there durring every game. Perhaps Jarvis can instill some good work ethic into Hainsey. If so, we will be seeing him again soon. In the short term, I'll take Bouillon.
Bouillon should be a historical foot note in Habs history... When it comes to facts, Hainsey has out played him.

Bouillon's weaknesses are well known here... he's not strong in front of the net, or on the boards... He is sufficient against small teams, but when size comes to town (as it often does) he simply cannot be counted for much... and actually becomes more of a liability... He can however play nashville... but in comparison... Boston or Philly comes in 5 times a year... already that's 10 games where he is liabel for errors... Big Bert walked all over Bouillon in Vancouver and in Montreal...
Why?

Because Hainsey has to adjust his additude? So the answer is to blow his confidence (as we did last year), sit him... what ever they try is Flat out wrong... Hainsey just missed out on the team meeting, which ultimately cost him a valuable learning experience not from a guy sitting on a perch, but from his captain and team leaders... maybe they would have addressed a thing or 2 to him in that meeting.. but Big Bob did not let it happen... I happen to think this is an error on Bob's part. as it was not necessary.

Bouillon can land a top 6 job on another team and do quite well. But it still does not stop me from thinking Hainsey has indeed arrived, as he is NHL ready now... This regression is not good for his career. Though he has kinks, learning in the AHL will not prepare him for what he MUST learn in the big show. Julien should be dealing with Hainsey... not Jarvis.

Bouillon should have been on the gravy train outta town last July IMHO... he should not have received an offer. Unless he WANTED to stay in Hamilton.

Old
11-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Guy Caballero

Hainsey

Closed Thread