HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHlers to get invite to canada wj

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2006, 06:36 PM
  #1
Barriecoltsfan1
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
OHlers to get invite to canada wj

Just wondering what ohler's you think will get invited to team canada's camp and who you think might make it??

Barriecoltsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 09:07 PM
  #2
Superfly Jimmy Snuka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Marc Staal, Steve Downie, Ryan Parent, Ryan O'Marra are shoe-ins for the team.

Chris Stewart
John Tavares
James Neal
Sam Gagner
Brian Little
Drew Doughty
Patrick McNeil

The players above I think will get invites but the competition is going to be tough to make the team.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:39 PM
  #3
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Hmmm

Hard to say which way the coaching will go with this years team. A lot of the better players are 16 and 17 year olds like Doughty, Tavares, and Gagner. I think they will get invited just to let them experience the process for next year. Tavares will have a big edge over the other young guns.

Steve Mason deserves a shot at camp, but there appears to be an almost annual bias towards WHL goalies. I doubt they will change that. Too bad.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 02:28 AM
  #4
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Hard to say which way the coaching will go with this years team. A lot of the better players are 16 and 17 year olds like Doughty, Tavares, and Gagner. I think they will get invited just to let them experience the process for next year. Tavares will have a big edge over the other young guns.

Steve Mason deserves a shot at camp, but there appears to be an almost annual bias towards WHL goalies. I doubt they will change that. Too bad.
I fully agree. It's good for Hockey Canada to invite the younger players like Gagner and Doughty so that they gain a little confidence. That way, next year when they're more or less expected to perform well and make the team, they can show up knowing what to expect and hopefully without any nerves that might hinder their performance.

This will be a team of mostly 18 and 19 year olds as always. I'm not sold on Tavares making it, there's a lot of good returning players and a lot of good older players that will get the invite. Tavares has a bunch of years to make it still, I'd prefer a 19 year old star player like Bryan Little over Tavares.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 09:48 AM
  #5
SimonTemplar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London ON.
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I fully agree. It's good for Hockey Canada to invite the younger players like Gagner and Doughty so that they gain a little confidence. That way, next year when they're more or less expected to perform well and make the team, they can show up knowing what to expect and hopefully without any nerves that might hinder their performance.

This will be a team of mostly 18 and 19 year olds as always. I'm not sold on Tavares making it, there's a lot of good returning players and a lot of good older players that will get the invite. Tavares has a bunch of years to make it still, I'd prefer a 19 year old star player like Bryan Little over Tavares.

I agree Storm Doughty, Tavares and the Gagner's of the league will have their turn next year.

Just the invite is enough this year and what an experience it is they will come back better players for it and more driven than ever.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 04:16 PM
  #6
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust
 
cupcrazyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,397
vCash: 500
you can add mark katic to that list of young players that will get invited.scouts are very high on him and rightfully so.he may not make it this year but will be a strong candidate to wear the red and white next year.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 11:05 AM
  #7
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
you can add mark katic to that list of young players that will get invited.scouts are very high on him and rightfully so.he may not make it this year but will be a strong candidate to wear the red and white next year.
I was going to make a smartass comment when I had a feeling you were wrong because I think Katic is rather over-hyped by Sarnia fans. At least I was right.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 11:08 AM
  #8
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Official list

This is the link to the list:

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.cfm...eam_id/645.htm

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 11:18 AM
  #9
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I fully agree. It's good for Hockey Canada to invite the younger players like Gagner and Doughty so that they gain a little confidence. That way, next year when they're more or less expected to perform well and make the team, they can show up knowing what to expect and hopefully without any nerves that might hinder their performance.

This will be a team of mostly 18 and 19 year olds as always. I'm not sold on Tavares making it, there's a lot of good returning players and a lot of good older players that will get the invite. Tavares has a bunch of years to make it still, I'd prefer a 19 year old star player like Bryan Little over Tavares.
If a younger player makes it, I think it will be Tavares. But going to camp and learning the ropes will teach them what to do to make the team. In that respect all the attendees get something from it.

The list is finally out and there are 14 OHL players. Mason and Gagner are going from the Knights. Doughty and Parent from Guelph. Gagner got his bell rung last night. I wonder if that affects him going to camp.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 11:24 AM
  #10
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly Jimmy Snuka View Post
Marc Staal, Steve Downie, Ryan Parent, Ryan O'Marra are shoe-ins for the team.

Chris Stewart
John Tavares
James Neal
Sam Gagner
Brian Little
Drew Doughty
Patrick McNeil

The players above I think will get invites but the competition is going to be tough to make the team.
You are 7 out of 7 right!

Woulda been more impressed if you got the other 34 right

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:02 PM
  #11
Superfly Jimmy Snuka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
I missed steve mason but hey who needs to know

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.