HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most overated/underated habs prospect?

Old
12-02-2006, 09:46 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
Most overated/underated habs prospect?

UNDERATED: matt d'Agostini really surprise me this year in hamilton. I see him as a mike johnson type of player in the futur OVERATED:Andrei kostitsyn got all the skill to be a nhl star but need to work harder so he could be a tomas vanek or pavel Brendl

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

OVERRATED: Hate to say it, but Andrei Kostitsyn. He's good, but not great

UNDERRATED: David Fischer. I think he's a good 1st round pick. If he just gains a bit of weight, he could be a great top pairing D in the future. You guys don't give him enough credit IMO

And in this post, I mean underrated/overrated by Habs fans.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
OVERRATED: Carey Price; He got a great size for a goaltender, but allows way too much softies,lack of focus and he's not so mature, imo : wont be a regular nhler

UNDERRATED: Ryan White; I saw this kid at the Russians vs WHL ; I must admit he's very impressive, hard working guy, never give up, loves to pay the price in from of the net; nice control with the puck; nice leadership; will be a future nhl player

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
UNDERATED: matt d'Agostini really surprise me this year in hamilton. I see him as a mike johnson type of player in the futur OVERATED:Andrei kostitsyn got all the skill to be a nhl star but need to work harder so he could be a tomas vanek or pavel Brendl
Did you mean like Pavel Brendl? Or not like Pavel Brendl?

Cause Pavel has all the skills in the world, but the poorest work ethic.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 10:07 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

I mean kostitsyn will be like tomas vanek if he pick up his work ethic and if he dont he will be another pavel brendl

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 10:39 AM
habsrock76

UNDERRATED = Kosty Jr. I like his skills, like his gritty side(he actually hits), like his keen attitude towards learning the language. I think he'll surpass his older bro.

OVERRATED = Chipchura. Havent been impressed with much of his game. Doesnt bring that much to the table. Appears to be a gear or two slower then everyone else, not a trait that translates well to "the new NHL".

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 10:44 AM
hab

Over- Price- everyone talks about his technical game and how great he is all around, but really, its about stopping the puck, and he has been quite average.

Under- Halak- nobody talks about how good he is technically or all around, he just stops the puck 94% of the time

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 10:45 AM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

I believe Cory Urquhart is the most underrated Habs prospect WATCH !!! our future Michael Ryder ! that kid has size and Skillz

Overrated ! Definitly Latendresse, he'll be a 50 point guy fa sure, but alot of guys and Montreal french Media said he would destroy this league ...

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 10:54 AM
jcpenny

Over- A Kosts: Great skills but lacks the drive to match that skill, not that he doesnt have any but its not enough.

Under- Halak: Might turn out to be better than Price in th future, proves that drafting a goalie High in the draft is never a good idea unless its a flagrant need...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 11:29 AM
kostybros

OVER: CHIPCHURA
UNDER: MATHIEU CARLE, Halak as well

kostybros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
OVERRATED: Latendresse
UNDERRATED: Milroy, Locke, Grabovsky

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Ovverated : Emelin , some people have put him in the starting line-up for next year and have big expectations.

Underrated : D'Agostini , this guy will be a player he got all the tools.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:05 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
OVERRATED: Carey Price; He got a great size for a goaltender, but allows way too much softies,lack of focus and he's not so mature, imo : wont be a regular nhler
Huhh yeah.. screw all those pro report that say that Price have a good head on his shoulder.. you probably know more because your his roommates and both of you party and get drunk everynight I guess ?

How can you know that he is not mature if you have never interview him or talk to him 1v1... journalist, members of his family can know... not fan...

And Underrated I like what I saw from Ryan O'Byrne. Reminds me of Rivet.
Overrated : I dont know if he's considered like a prospect, i dont think so, but coté is overrated like hell. im not even sure he will play again in the NHL ever ( or as a hab)

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:06 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve The Habs Fan View Post
OVERRATED: Latendresse
UNDERRATED: Milroy, Locke, Grabovsky

I've honestly stayed away from posting anything in regards to Latendresse till now. You really think Latendresse is overated?? Actually how can he not be in this market...but still. From what I have seen so far...he looks like an extremely promising player. Aside from the fact he's French Canadian , he is an extremely talented hockey player with a great shot, good passing skills and excellent hockey sense. He has a knack for making good passes to set up teamates and often comes out of the scrum with the puck. His size is a huge asset and he already hits extremely well. His first step is slow, but once he picks it up his top flight speed is not bad. He will get better as he gets more used to the NHL game..I woulden't be surprised to see him pick up 10-15 goals with 10-15 assists this year. (I'd be extremely pleased with that). His upside i believe is of a player that can score over 30 goals a year.

Remember, he's a 19 year old French Canadian kid (turning 20 only next summer)playing in Montreal who's still trying to get used to playing with his size. Can you picture yourself at that age playing in this market?

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:09 PM
KaptainKourage*

Yeah I dont think Latendresse is overrated... maybe people are confusing overrated and overhyped, cause yeah maybe he is overhyped, but certainly not overrated... he do very well for a 19 yo and look like a future 25 goals scorers to me

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:13 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
Yeah I dont think Latendresse is overrated... maybe people are confusing overrated and overhyped, cause yeah maybe he is overhyped, but certainly not overrated... he do very well for a 19 yo and look like a future 25 goals scorers to me
Yes that was a better way to put it!

Old
12-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Makarov

Overated: Latendresse, undoubtedly, with people thinking he's a Radulov, or Bernier, or Vanek, or Getzalf...

Underrated: Grabovski, though that might change now that he's adapting to the North American game...

Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:28 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Overated: Andrei Kostsitsyn and Carey Price

Underated: Ben Maxwell and Alexei Emelin

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:30 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Ovverated : Emelin , some people have put him in the starting line-up for next year and have big expectations.

Underrated : D'Agostini , this guy will be a player he got all the tools.
Emelin will probably be in a Habs uni next year with atleast one of our d-man going. He is hardly overrated, that kid led all world junior defenceman in scoring and is labeled a defensive dman, thats SCARY.
He is like Kasparitis but better offensively, sound very good to me.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold_Snepps_Rocks View Post
I've honestly stayed away from posting anything in regards to Latendresse till now. You really think Latendresse is overated?? Actually how can he not be in this market...but still. From what I have seen so far...he looks like an extremely promising player. Aside from the fact he's French Canadian , he is an extremely talented hockey player with a great shot, good passing skills and excellent hockey sense. He has a knack for making good passes to set up teamates and often comes out of the scrum with the puck. His size is a huge asset and he already hits extremely well. His first step is slow, but once he picks it up his top flight speed is not bad. He will get better as he gets more used to the NHL game..I woulden't be surprised to see him pick up 10-15 goals with 10-15 assists this year. (I'd be extremely pleased with that). His upside i believe is of a player that can score over 30 goals a year.

Remember, he's a 19 year old French Canadian kid (turning 20 only next summer)playing in Montreal who's still trying to get used to playing with his size. Can you picture yourself at that age playing in this market?
Well, I just don't think he'll be that GOD everyone here thinks he'll become, he can't skate and you need to skate in the new NHL, oh and he seems like he'll turn out to be one of those 40 point players while everyone here makes him sound like Gretzky.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:47 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve The Habs Fan View Post
Well, I just don't think he'll be that GOD everyone here thinks he'll become, he can't skate and you need to skate in the new NHL, oh and he seems like he'll turn out to be one of those 40 point players while everyone here makes him sound like Gretzky.
Ok well I don't know who called him God or Gretzky, he's defenitly not that..but the kid has some talent, thats for sure. Which other 19 year old have played with the Canadiens?? And by the way..Bernier was very ordinary his last year in "Q" so who's to say that Latendresse will not get to where Bernier is now in the next year or two. Yes, he has to work on his skating, but his vision and hockey sense are extremely good..those are things you can't teach.

Old
12-02-2006, 01:19 PM
goalchenyuk

overrated ; after 2-3 goals , Latendresse
Underrated: after 2-3 games without point , Latendresse

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 01:20 PM
TylerT

Over - Kosts, Price, Lats (although mostly overhyped due to them being our top picks)

Under - Ryan White (plays a gritty hard-nosed game and has underated offensive skills) Fisher (so much to like about this guy from all the reports, however limited exposure due to playing in the US and we all seem to overlook him)

TylerT is offline   Reply With Quote