HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT: New York Islanders @ New York Rangers 5PM - BATTLE FOR 1st!!

Old
12-03-2006, 06:47 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
why does Prucha get such little ice time?
cause he aint 30 years old and renney is a dope.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
how is it Renney's fault exactly? should he have prepared them to out-play them more, or strapped on the pads himself?
lets see....

he continues to play defenseman who dont show up, he shows NO accountability, he doesnt play ANY kids. Our young star forward Prucha is consistently getting less and less ice time. Our young defenseman hasnt sniffed ice time at D since like the 5th game of the year. Hossa who bring absolutely NOTHING to the game coninues to play. Need i go on?

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
was the right thing to do. One of the few times this season Renney's got it right with his goalies .
Totally with you on this one, Henk needed to be pulled to change the pace of the game but Weekes did not do his job. Made a couple nice saves but gave up goals when it realy killed us (story of kevin's career with NY), he didnt even look like he wanted to be in the net, went down way to early on every goal and didnt control his rebounds. Might be time for a Montoya call up and a conditioning assignment for Weekes to do nothing more then send a message.

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 06:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35 View Post
Totally with you on this one, Henk needed to be pulled to change the pace of the game but Weekes did not do his job. Made a couple nice saves but gave up goals when it realy killed us (story of kevin's career with NY), he didnt even look like he wanted to be in the net, went down way to early on every goal and didnt control his rebounds. Might be time for a Montoya call up and a conditioning assignment for Weekes to do nothing more then send a message.
when the rangers bench vets, sather will be dead by then

Old
12-03-2006, 06:53 PM
sling

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
We dont need to bench any players. We need to bench to coach, Ive seen enough.

FIRE RENNEY.
Can Baranka and Pock possibly be worse than Ozolinsh, Malik or Rachunek?

Guess what Renney, these guys have established that they suck. Give someone else a chance.

sling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 06:55 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
I think just because we lost to the Isles some of you guys are extra pissed. If we lost to the Ducks like this or something, there would be considerably less *****ing I bet.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 06:56 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sling View Post

Guess what Renney, these guys have established that they suck. Give someone else a chance.
id rather have kasper playing hurt than these bums, at least someone will actually hit the forwards. Play Kasper, Pock, Baranka or a parking cone, the cone would end up playing better than Ozo, Malik and Rachunek combinded.

Old
12-03-2006, 06:56 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sling View Post

Exactly the way i feel, Baranka and Pock cant be worse than them, at least baranka and Pock are young, lets see what thye can do, our d is already bad enough.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 06:58 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I think just because we lost to the Isles some of you guys are extra pissed. If we lost to the Ducks like this or something, there would be considerably less *****ing I bet.
Doubtful. I'm done *****ing about this team. When the defense decides to improve we might be on to something.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 06:58 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Exactly the way i feel, Baranka and Pock cant be worse than them, at least baranka and Pock are young, lets see what thye can do, our d is already bad enough.
renney wont do that, he dont have guts or balls

Old
12-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
not me, ive been screaming for Renneys head for months now, people here who know me im sure can vouch for that. He simply does not know how to coach.

He doesnt even friggin match lines. Its somthign I just dont get. You got the Islanders getting a free pass at having Witt on the ice everytime Jagr is, and Renney, with the last change, doesnt do squat about it (at least not that i noticed)

Hes a great x's and o's guy, likeable, and i really think would make an EXCELLENT assistant coach. But he knows nothing about accountability, matching lines, etc.

To me, hes gotta go for the Rangers to move to the next level.

Old
12-03-2006, 07:02 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
are a tough duo for Sundays. I'm slowly becoming a guy that doesn't appreciate Joe Mich either, so the broadcast has been brutal for me.
Al is fine...Wischusin was in GB today...Sam elsewhere...Kenny in NO....John the night off

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 07:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
not me, ive been screaming for Renneys head for months now, people here who know me im sure can vouch for that. He simply does not know how to coach.

He doesnt even friggin match lines. Its somthign I just dont get. You got the Islanders getting a free pass at having Witt on the ice everytime Jagr is, and Renney, with the last change, doesnt do squat about it (at least not that i noticed)

Hes a great x's and o's guy, likeable, and i really think would make an EXCELLENT assistant coach. But he knows nothing about accountability, matching lines, etc.

agreed and evening out ice time so players dont get tired Maybe Sather should be back behind the bench.

Old
12-03-2006, 07:04 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
I agree on that comment.

But to the guys who want Pock and Baranka in, they arent going to just jump in and make a big impact. They have barely played in the NHL, so if you want them both in, the Rangers will continue to bite the bullet and lose a few games while waiting for them to develop and get used to the NHL level of play.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chimp

The Rangers organisation must start doing their job. They have to realize the Ozo tryout is over. He didn't cut it, especially not when we are paying him frigging $2.75 million in salary cap for what he does. He earns second most on the entire D, only earning less than popcorn-eating Kaspar (which is also a big question mark, the guy is not even playing with a huge salary cap hit).

When pigs fly... Renney + Rangers organisation = passiveness. We could put some bowling balls with wigs on their chairs and expect the same results, which are no changes whatsoever. They have no guts whatsoever and are treating every veteran like their best friend. The only players shown the hand are the younger ones, because they earn less. Big paycheck = good player, right?

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
True Blue Bleed Blue

Why didn't the 4th line play the last 1-2 minutes and hit everything they saw hard? Don't be classless, just throw some big hits and try and send a message or draw a response. Maybe it's just me but Nylander-Straka-Jagr-Rozey-Malik skating around with a minute left down 3 doesn't accomplish much

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
maybe renney is just resting pock

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruchaYeah View Post
maybe renney is just resting pock
... until he is a overpaid, untouchable veteran...

Old
12-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I'm sitting here trying to find the right summary and maybe look for some bright spots, but all I come up with after this loss is

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Anyone else wonder why the Penguins can cut a guy like Leclair and play a kid, even as young as they are, and still contend, whereas a team like us, cant cut a guy like kaspar or ozo and play a kid like Pock...

*sigh*

Old
12-03-2006, 07:12 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
... until he is a overpaid, untouchable veteran...
sad but true or we will deal him for another soft overpaid dman

Old
12-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
how is it Renney's fault exactly? should he have prepared them to out-play them more, or strapped on the pads himself?
1. could have called a time-out at critical points
2. bench ozolinsh
3. give tactical advice

lets face it... the defense didn't exactly just crumble today, its been going on for a while now... who decides who gets dressed and scratched?

the up-close shots of renney after the 3rd and 4th islander goals spoke more than words.

cut the wise-*** attitude.

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Chimp

Perhaps it's time for Renney to start wearing that couch jacket again so he dresses as he coaches. So we don't get any bright ideas that he is actually doing something right.

Yeah, I'm bitter, but this is so frustrating it's unreal. It's feels like sitting on Titanic and yelling to the guy at the steering wheel to turn, but he just stands there and stares back at you like you are a loon. You know the ship is going to crash, you are doing whatever you can to inform the captain the ship is indeed crashing and you won't even feel any satisfaction whatsoever when it has crashed, because you know you will sink with it.

Time to strap on the life jackets boys and girls. Prepare for impact.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-03-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old
12-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 07:23 PM
shoothepuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Why didn't the 4th line play the last 1-2 minutes and hit everything they saw hard? Don't be classless, just throw some big hits and try and send a message or draw a response. Maybe it's just me but Nylander-Straka-Jagr-Rozey-Malik skating around with a minute left down 3 doesn't accomplish much
I posted at the end of the first period, that Tom would double shift Jagr and Shanny, and have most of his top lines out there with a minute left. He just dosn't get it.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote