HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New York Islanders @ New York Rangers 5PM - BATTLE FOR 1st!!

Old
12-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

vCash: 500
They dont play untill thursday hopefully they can pull it together, get some anger in them and go out and beat the Pens. They in essence have lost what 3-4 straight games regaurdless of the point in those OT games, you cannot expect to have a playoff run if your relying on OT points to get you in, its not going to happen. It will be intresting to see what team shows up to play the Pens, the Rangers seem to love testing their PK against them so far this season. This game should be a turning point for the better, but then again who knows with this team

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Fletch

I think..

a lot of teams are relying on those one points. Just look at how tight the Eastern Conference currently is. It's crazy. If teams get points in the games in hands that they have compared to the Rangers, the Rangers could be on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. They're 8th right now, and Boston is four points back, with 2 games in hand. PITT's four points behind with two games in hand. WASH is two points behind with one game in hand. Then there's OTT one point behind and Tampa Bay, two points behind. It's tight my friends, very tight. Winning a few in a row is crucial at this point, and the dog days of Dec/Jan can set apart the teams.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 09:53 AM
chosen

Lundqvist didn't bring his A game but there was utter chaos in front of him.

Interesting that Nolan has taken a team with far less talent than the Rangers yet has them playing 60 minutes every night.

I may be jumping onto the Renney ain't much bandwagon. Not as crowded as the Sather is a blight on the Rangers bandwagon.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 09:57 AM
ap215

Yeah Henrik was off his game yesterday and i'm not sure if you guys heard at the final seconds of the 3rd period,but i heard some Fire Sather chants when time was running out which is no surprise. Hopefully we'll turn things around in the next couple of days and be ready for the next game.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 10:13 AM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Lundqvist didn't bring his A game but there was utter chaos in front of him.

Interesting that Nolan has taken a team with far less talent than the Rangers yet has them playing 60 minutes every night.

I may be jumping onto the Renney ain't much bandwagon. Not as crowded as the Sather is a blight on the Rangers bandwagon.
The Islanders played 60 minutes last night?

You could have fooled me.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 10:48 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe View Post
I'm aware of that thank you. Just find it funny that with their team down 4-0 and the Great Henrik who most Rangers fans already have in the Hall Of Fame giving up 4 goals on 8 shots and this is all they think of.
um.. the potvin chants are even done when the rangers arent playing the isles.. it had nothing to do with mocking the islanders

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 10:49 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
As bad as Malik and Rozsival are, Rachunek and Ozolinsh are 100 times worse.
rozy? i didn't say anything about him in my post

i said malik and ozo

Old
12-04-2006, 10:54 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post

you're right

as someone said before, the isles were VERY opportunistic.. they capitalized on every scoring chance (which was created by our horrible defense.. and allowed in large part due to our horrible goaltending)

they were not great by any means, dipietro made some nice saves but he let in some bad ones.. i will say however despite the shot total, they were all over the rangers on the PK despite the PP goal and at certain times even strength while the rangers had momentum going into the zone, they did not let up for much.. but this was only in bits and pieces as other times they were just manhandled by our forwards

Old
12-04-2006, 11:23 AM
chosen

Quote:

Their effort and discipline far outshined the Rangers. I've seen about half of the Islanders games this year and their dedication, smarts, and effort have dwarfed that of the Rangers.

Seems to me that if there is one job a coach is responsible for it's getting everyone on the same page and hustling. Nolan has done a magnificent job in those areas. Renney . . . . . .

Old
12-04-2006, 11:43 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Their effort and discipline far outshined the Rangers. I've seen about half of the Islanders games this year and their dedication, smarts, and effort have dwarfed that of the Rangers.

Seems to me that if there is one job a coach is responsible for it's getting everyone on the same page and hustling. Nolan has done a magnificent job in those areas. Renney . . . . . .
You don't almost blow a 4 goal lead if you play for a full 60 minutes.

12-04-2006, 11:46 AM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
the newest low point of this season... keep it up renney!
I dont think you should say that after the two week run you guys just had. One lose, even tho it was extreme doesnt set the tone for a month or week for that matter.

Quote:

We took a twenty minute break, which is somewhat expected after pulling in so many during the first. I have to say tho, Nolan does have this team playing close to 60 just about every night this season. Not sure what the hell this guy is doing behind the scene's, but he sure knows how to get the most out of his players.

Quote:

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 11:46 AM
snowcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap215 View Post
Yeah Henrik was off his game yesterday and i'm not sure if you guys heard at the final seconds of the 3rd period,but i heard some Fire Sather chants when time was running out which is no surprise. Hopefully we'll turn things around in the next couple of days and be ready for the next game.
I don't get how some fans can blame Sather when he (and Don Maloney) got some good players in the draft the last few years and picked up a few good UFA's over the summer. I may be jumping on the FIRE RENNEY bandwagon myself. Especially after seeing how good Ted Nolan has the pathetic Piles playing so far this year. I'm jealous.
Wasn't Renney supposed to be the interim coach last year?

snowcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 12:00 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcloud View Post
I don't get how some fans can blame Sather when he (and Don Maloney) got some good players in the draft the last few years and picked up a few good UFA's over the summer. I may be jumping on the FIRE RENNEY bandwagon myself. Especially after seeing how good Ted Nolan has the pathetic Piles playing so far this year. I'm jealous.
Wasn't Renney supposed to be the interim coach last year?
There's plenty of blame to go around. And Sather certainly gets some. He's had good drafts on paper. Lets wait and see how it turns out.

Right now, there is a 3.268M player sitting in the press box (who's due 3.344M next season). Next season, Sather will have 8.314 invested in Kasparaitis, Malik, and Rozsival. That is an awful lot of money when you consider the return you're getting on that money. Add in Ward at 2.75M and Tyutin at 1.025 and you're talking about over 11.5M for 5/6 of a very marginal, ordinary defensive corp.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 12:05 PM
snowcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
There's plenty of blame to go around. And Sather certainly gets some. He's had good drafts on paper. Lets wait and see how it turns out.

Right now, there is a 3.268M player sitting in the press box (who's due 3.344M next season). Next season, Sather will have 8.314 invested in Kasparaitis, Malik, and Rozsival. That is an awful lot of money when you consider the return you're getting on that money. Add in Ward at 2.75M and Tyutin at 1.025 and you're talking about over 11.5M for 5/6 of a very marginal, ordinary defensive corp.
I know!! It's disgusting how much we pay our d for the quality we get back on it. Not even close to a number 1 D man. Or 2 for that matter. We need to dump some dead weight on D and give Pock a shot at least. He's wasting away in the press box as well.

Old
12-04-2006, 12:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcloud View Post
I know!! It's disgusting how much we pay our d for the quality we get back on it. Not even close to a number 1 D man. Or 2 for that matter. We need to dump some dead weight on D and give Pock a shot at least. He's wasting away in the press box as well.
That's why you can blame Sather.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 12:07 PM
snowcloud

Quote:
Why is Pock sitting so long??? That makes me want to give the baby shake to Renney.
Plus, Malik making horrible costly mistakes game after game, he refused to bench him.

Old
12-04-2006, 12:15 PM
chosen

Quote:
You don't almost blow a 4 goal lead if you play for a full 60 minutes.
"Almost" is by far the most important word in your sentence.

You can question the "60".

What you can't question is the dedication the Islanders are bringing to every game vs. the Rangers bringing it every once in a while, and amazingly the best effort usually comes from the #1 line, not the way it should be.

It's still staggering to think what would happen to the Rangers if Jagr were to go down.

Aside from the 1st line and Shanahan the rest of the forwards are borderline NHL'ers. Yeah, I know Prucha can score goals but I'm beginning to think that he can't take the day to day pounding of the NHL. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Cullen looks like the classic example of the player who looks good when he is surrrounded by a Stanley Cup team but otherwise not much.

Adam Hall is more often than not off balance. I much preferred Moore's game to his.

Either Nolan is a great coach (he is) and Renney isn't, or the Islanders have more talent than the Rangers (they don't).

Old
12-04-2006, 12:23 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
and with the NHL based on speed, why would u sign Malik, his skating is brutal

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 01:06 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
coming from the guy that is always looking to trade FOR everyone elses slow skating players

Old
12-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
I think Malik is gettting unfair treatment from the fans. Granted he was awful to start this season, but he has improved to the point you cant say he's a defensive liability. His offense is atrocious but if you are looking to Marek Malik for offense in the first place you are in trouble. Marek also built up a little credit with me for playing very well most of last year.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 05:42 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
I think Malik is gettting unfair treatment from the fans. Granted he was awful to start this season, but he has improved to the point you cant say he's a defensive liability. His offense is atrocious but if you are looking to Marek Malik for offense in the first place you are in trouble. Marek also built up a little credit with me for playing very well most of last year.
No one is getting on Malik becuase of his offensive skills. It's the fact that he is not playing like a player who belongs on the top-6 defensemen of any team that is drawing attention. And whatever equite he has built up last year is due to be done by an overall 25 fairly poor games, no?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
I look at it like this.

If Ozo isn't scoring he is pretty much useless.

If Malik isn't keeping his feet moving and stopping players, he's not that far off.

He's too slow to not keep skating and if he stops skating than he's not going to stop the opposition which essentially makes him a tree trunk on skates out there.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
BigE

Quote:
"Almost" is by far the most important word in your sentence.

You can question the "60".

What you can't question is the dedication the Islanders are bringing to every game vs. the Rangers bringing it every once in a while, and amazingly the best effort usually comes from the #1 line, not the way it should be.

It's still staggering to think what would happen to the Rangers if Jagr were to go down.

Aside from the 1st line and Shanahan the rest of the forwards are borderline NHL'ers. Yeah, I know Prucha can score goals but I'm beginning to think that he can't take the day to day pounding of the NHL. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Cullen looks like the classic example of the player who looks good when he is surrrounded by a Stanley Cup team but otherwise not much.

Adam Hall is more often than not off balance. I much preferred Moore's game to his.

Either Nolan is a great coach (he is) and Renney isn't, or the Islanders have more talent than the Rangers (they don't).
What happens to the Islanders if they're left with Mike Dunham?

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 09:14 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
um.. the potvin chants are even done when the rangers arent playing the isles.. it had nothing to do with mocking the islanders
Gentlemen I've been going to Isles/Rangers games at MSG since 1990 and have to plenty of non Isles games at MSG. I'm aware they do the Potvin Sucks chant at every home game and know they weren't mocking the Isles. Thank you.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 09:55 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe View Post
Gentlemen I've been going to Isles/Rangers games at MSG since 1990 and have to plenty of non Isles games at MSG. I'm aware they do the Potvin Sucks chant at every home game and know they weren't mocking the Isles. Thank you.
so then why be so upset about it?