HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Marc-Andre Fleury Interview with ESPNMAG (Really funny!)

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 04:36 PM
TelperiŽn

vCash: 500
Marc-Andre Fleury Interview with ESPNMAG (Really funny!)

GUILTY PLEASURE: Chocolate and chocolate and more chocolate. I like chocolate ice cream with chocolate whipped cream, too. I can eat tons of chocolate.

FIVE FAVOURITE MOVIES: "Slapshot" "Braveheart" "Dumb and Dumber" "The Fast and the Furious" and "Die Hard"

DANCING STYLE: I'm really bad. I like to go to dance clubs, but I just stand in the corner. The best is when the clubs are really crowded and there's not really enough room to move. Then I can dance and nobody will see me.

LAST NIGHTMARE: I had this one just the other night--I got beaten up by my teammate Steve McKenna. I can't remember why he was beating me up, but I think it was because I let in a goal. He was pounding me pretty good, too. But right when it really got so bad that I would have really been injured, I woke up. I was a little afraid of him the next time I saw him.

PERSONALITY QUIRK: Sometimes when I make a good save, I yell out "woo-hoo!" I'm not sure why, but it just feels good. I don't think I scare anyone or freak anyone out when I do it. I just like to holler when I make a good stop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love nightmare part...

Old
11-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlyaK17
GUILTY PLEASURE: Chocolate and chocolate and more chocolate. I like chocolate ice cream with chocolate whipped cream, too. I can eat tons of chocolate.

FIVE FAVOURITE MOVIES: "Slapshot" "Braveheart" "Dumb and Dumber" "The Fast and the Furious" and "Die Hard"

DANCING STYLE: I'm really bad. I like to go to dance clubs, but I just stand in the corner. The best is when the clubs are really crowded and there's not really enough room to move. Then I can dance and nobody will see me.

LAST NIGHTMARE: I had this one just the other night--I got beaten up by my teammate Steve McKenna. I can't remember why he was beating me up, but I think it was because I let in a goal. He was pounding me pretty good, too. But right when it really got so bad that I would have really been injured, I woke up. I was a little afraid of him the next time I saw him.

PERSONALITY QUIRK: Sometimes when I make a good save, I yell out "woo-hoo!" I'm not sure why, but it just feels good. I don't think I scare anyone or freak anyone out when I do it. I just like to holler when I make a good stop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love nightmare part...
Sombody afraid of McKenna?

Old
11-28-2003, 06:22 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

that nightmare one is funny as hell.

Old
11-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Hitman*

This guy is great to listen to. I'm pretty sure it was in an SI article where I read that in his first year with Cape Breton, he was pulled in the 2nd period and the coach told him to take the number of shots. So what M.A did was write "I am not a statistician, I am a goalie" and signed it.

I can't wait to hear more from him.

Old
11-28-2003, 06:51 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
The Fast and the Furious? EWWWW

Old
11-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Rowsdower

Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue44
The Fast and the Furious? EWWWW
My sentiments exactly....but I won't hold it against him.....great interview, especially the Steve McKenna nightmare.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:51 PM
st_roland

He sounds like a great guy. It'd be pretty cool to hang out with him.

Old
11-28-2003, 08:08 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Great character. He'll be one of those kooks like Shanahan in the locker room.

Old
11-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Dupuis>Ilya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
This guy is great to listen to. I'm pretty sure it was in an SI article where I read that in his first year with Cape Breton, he was pulled in the 2nd period and the coach told him to take the number of shots. So what M.A did was write "I am not a statistician, I am a goalie" and signed it.

I can't wait to hear more from him.
I bet if a Russian goalie did that, he'd get raked over the coals on this board.

Anyways, I really like what I've seen from Fleury.

Old
11-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupuis>Ilya
I bet if a Russian goalie did that, he'd get raked over the coals on this board.

It wouldn't matter to me what country the guy was from, I would still think it's hilarious.

Old
11-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupuis>Ilya

I agree.. It's Sad, but true.... Imagine Andrei Medvedev doing something like that, it would be all over Coach's Corner...

Fleury is great though. He's still a kid. I saw him on That's Hockey a few nights ago, and he was answering the questions like a kid, not really knowing what to say, laughing it off. He's great, and his enthusiasm is well appreciated. I hope great things come his way.

Old
11-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
I agree.. It's Sad, but true.... Imagine Andrei Medvedev doing something like that, it would be all over Coach's Corner...

Fleury is great though. He's still a kid. I saw him on That's Hockey a few nights ago, and he was answering the questions like a kid, not really knowing what to say, laughing it off. He's great, and his enthusiasm is well appreciated. I hope great things come his way.
I think sometimes "not really knowing what to say" is because his English is not perfect yet.

Old
11-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20

I saw that interview too. He seems like such a funny guy. He's always smiling - he seems legitimatly extatic to be an NHL player right now. I don't know what it is, but Marc-Andre's mouth is so weird, that I think in it's relaxed state, it's a huge smile.

The 'woo-hoo' part had me in stiches though!

Old
11-29-2003, 09:01 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
Holler? wtf, they should put a tiny mic in his helmet next game, let's here Homie Marc HOLLA.

great idea, imo.

Old
11-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
I think MA brings a very important, very special approach to the game. I'm not sure I've seen someone happier to play the game then this kid. He's always got a smile on his face, really nice to see some youthful passion out there.

He doesn't strike me as the kind that's gunning for that 25th game to get his stats to be solidified and start collecting bonuses.

Closed Thread