HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Semenov

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 04:51 PM
GorillazXL

vCash: 500
Semenov

Watching the game on the tube, and the first period just ended, and other then Oates doing exactly what Oil need (winning key faceoffs), the highlight of the game so far has been the steady play of Semenov. The melee when he threw the big check on Brigley and then blocked the wrap around attempt was a beauty. I've also noticed he's very calm for a young guy when the puck gets to him at the point. Makes you wonder why is MacT sitting the guy off every other night .

GXL

Old
11-28-2003, 05:00 PM
northern2020

no doubt

Old
11-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
Watching the game on the tube, and the first period just ended, and other then Oates doing exactly what Oil need (winning key faceoffs), the highlight of the game so far has been the steady play of Semenov. The melee when he threw the big check on Brigley and then blocked the wrap around attempt was a beauty. I've also noticed he's very calm for a young guy when the puck gets to him at the point. Makes you wonder why is MacT sitting the guy off every other night .

GXL
He needs to be playing and the Oilers should live with his mistakes. D-men need to play as much as they can. Gawd knows MacT is willing to tolerate mistalkes from other veteran players.

Old
11-28-2003, 05:55 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

he certainly can not be worse than cross.

Old
11-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
he certainly can not be worse than cross.
Cross has played pretty good this season I've thought. Of course, I'd still agree with that comment. In the games I've seen Semenov play, he's done everything right... I really don't understand why he's been benched the game after every time... Oh well, guess that's how Mac T operates. If you ask me, Brewer has been the worst of all 7 of the Oilers D this year.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Walsher

At games end I thought Semenov was one of the only bright spots on the back end. Staios was aweful tonight. Was of his worst gaems - in my memory anyways. Once again too many turnovers at their own blueline and at the offensive blue line leading to odd man rushes and penalties. VERY FRUSTRATING! (Great game Oates)

Closed Thread