HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Getting a jersey done

Old
12-03-2006, 06:52 PM
mogofan89

vCash: 500
Getting a jersey done

So my wife bought me a Canes jersey for our anniversary, a nice red home jersey.

Two questions:

1) I live in Greensboro, but will be coming to Raleigh for as many games as I can. Where is the best place to get the jersey personalized? The Eye? Do they take them at the games and send them off to be done? When we lived in Florida, we went to a few Lightning games, and they do it on the concourse, while you wait. I don't remember anything like that at the RBC, so what is the usual procedure/time frame?

2) I am still on the fence about who to get on the back. In my heart, it's Cole, but I worry about trades/FA. He's 27, so the prime is right now, and he's signed for a while. I don't mind getting it done and having him leaved at the end of the deal (3 years?). but is he a deadline guy they might package elsewhere? I guess I just wanted to ask what his standing is with JR.

Jon

mogofan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 08:28 PM
robotron2084

1) The Eye can do personalizations (the smaller jersey-only store on the north end). For iron-ons, bring it in early before the game and it's likely done by 1st intermission (unless it's a really busy day). If you want it sewn on, they have to send it off and it's like a 6-week wait.

2) I'm sure Cole is a safe bet. Probably the safest bet is Brind'Amour. I don't see how his jersey doesn't eventually get retired and hang alongside Ronnie's.

robotron2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 11:35 AM
mogofan89

Yeah, my wife already has a Brind'Amour, and that's her guy, so I wanted to stay away from him.

Old
12-04-2006, 02:41 PM
robotron2084

It's a tough choice to be sure. At one time I thought Jack Johnson was a safe bet and he went and got traded before he even left college.

On the sure to be retired list, there's Glen Wesley but he's so low key. Commodore is another good defensive choice. The best choice is probably Cam Ward. Very few players are untouchable as far as potential trades go (probably just Brindy, Staal and Ward - Cole's recent play probably puts him back in that category as well). After them, there's always a possibility depending on the situation.

Personalized jerseys are always risky. I have 5 game worn jerseys. One worn by LaRose that says Francis , one of a current player, one of a current coach, one of a traded player and one of a retired player. For the games, I wear the coach's jersey.

robotron2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
AD

Staal or Cole

The best you can hope for these days is to have a guy for 4+ years and then cross your fingers for the rest (unless you're an Islander fan, but then again, would you want to be an Islander fan?)

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 05:37 PM
mogofan89

Cole wins, especially with him being one of the few to show up on the road trip. Oddly, I'll get the jersey done on Brind'Amour night in a few weeks.

Old
12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
DeathFromAbove

I have a Staal jersey, but wish I had gotten Brindy's because I believe he will eventually have his number retired and he will without a doubt retire a Cane.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
CioCio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogofan89 View Post
Cole wins, especially with him being one of the few to show up on the road trip. Oddly, I'll get the jersey done on Brind'Amour night in a few weeks.
I'm going to try to go to that game, too. I was trying to pick a game to attend a few nights ago right smack dab in the middle of our awful roadtrip, so naturally I was a little hesitant about going to an Anaheim game, but then I saw it wasn't televised and it's Brind'Amour night!

CioCio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 09:00 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDFA View Post
I have a Staal jersey, but wish I had gotten Brindy's because I believe he will eventually have his number retired and he will without a doubt retire a Cane.
I had the same thought process deciding between Staal, Brind'Amour and Wesley (yes, I DO think Wesley's number will be retired some day here)... ended up going with Staal.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:44 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
I have a Staal jersey with various autographs that I wear 99.9% of the time. The rest of the time (for very special occasions) I break out my Cole jersey.

Like Montreal. Mwahahahahaaaaa.

12-14-2006, 03:59 PM
mrmain18

Send a message via AIM to mrmain18
River City Sports (www.rivercitysports.com) does a nice job with jerseys, but they are in Winnipeg, so you would have to pay shipping there and back.

mrmain18 is offline   Reply With Quote