HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has anyone else noticed...

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 05:41 PM
lecherous

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Has anyone else noticed...

That quietly Max has become possibly the best playmaker we have on this team? It seems like 10-12 games ago, Max realized that he should actually do something with the puck when he gets it (other than stickhandle himself right out of the play), and every time he's out on the ice it seems like he's making some kind of pass to the front of the net. Also, he had two assists tonight, including the beatuiful pass to set up Brown for that late 2nd period goal.

What do you guys think? Have you seen it too?

Old
11-28-2003, 05:50 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
That quietly Max has become possibly the best playmaker we have on this team? It seems like 10-12 games ago, Max realized that he should actually do something with the puck when he gets it (other than stickhandle himself right out of the play), and every time he's out on the ice it seems like he's making some kind of pass to the front of the net. Also, he had two assists tonight, including the beatuiful pass to set up Brown for that late 2nd period goal.

What do you guys think? Have you seen it too?
yes, agreed 100%, i have definitely noticed that he is using his linemates
briere is probably still the best playmaker, but madmax has gone from castoff to catalyst very quickly

Old
11-28-2003, 05:53 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Maybe I went a little far with best playmaker, but he seems to have made a complete 180, and I've seen flashes of greatness in his playmaking skills. With his combination of speed and his ability to drag defenders along with him, combined with the fact that all of the sudden we see that he can thread the needle with passes... this definitely is a very good thing.

Old
11-28-2003, 06:15 PM
djhn579

He has always looked like he could be dangerous when he was carrying the puck into the zone, but ever since he was benched earlier this year, he has done a better job of doing something once he has gotten into the zone. Hopefully his play will pick up a bit more, TSN has him on course for 13 goals, 21 pts, and a +13 rating.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:24 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Max has picked up his game, and with the way he's been playing, the points will start racking up.

If Satan can get on a hot streak, you know Max will be along for the ride...

Old
11-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
well, max picked up 2 helpers tonite

Old
11-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
How quickly they go from goat to great. Or at least good. Perhaps someone can throw another thread out on the trade rumor board about dumping him for a mid-round pick and a low-grade player.

It's all about having patience. We're starting to see the payoff of Lindy having patience with several guys, even those he's benched or publically called out. Pyatt with the game winner, Max with some substantially better play, Kalinin and Tallinder both responding after seeing the pressbox at different times. It might make one wonder what he now might be able to wring out of a certain favored whipping boy of the masses still MIA due to a concussion.......

Old
11-29-2003, 12:08 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Max is the man. I love that guy. My favorite player BY FAR. He has more determination and heart than anyone else on the team. Love him.

Old
11-29-2003, 01:23 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
I'm just glad I didn't jump on the anti-Max bandwagon. I don't have lofty expectations, but he will be a valuable player relative to any asset we'd currently get in return. He does have a few things only a handful of other players do and if he can just match those with decent, consistent abilities (finish, playmaking) in other areas, he can be a very solid player.

I still say he has a breakout season coming, whether it be only the second half of this season or the next season, whenever that may be.

If I were to move a player, assuming equal value was attainable, I'd really have to go with Biron. No disrespect to his play, which has certainly been improved over last year, but I think he is less necessary to this team than even ol' Max. Not that I'd prefer to have Miller playing a smaller role on this team than the role he has with the Amerks, but it'd be wiser than moving guys like Afinogenov if we have holes to fill.

Old
11-29-2003, 07:18 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
How quickly they go from goat to great. Or at least good. Perhaps someone can throw another thread out on the trade rumor board about dumping him for a mid-round pick and a low-grade player.

a 3rd and Matt Walker was very fair value at the time. :mad:

Old
11-30-2003, 03:18 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Max was playing like crap before his sit down and the previous year. He's playing awesome lately.

One thing I was VERY impressed with was Max had the puck against Florida and circled back. However, instead of stickhandling and losing the puck high leading to an odd man rush the other way, Max simply flicked the puck in deep. The Sabres forechecked and got the puck and retained possession leading to a decent scoring chance. If Max does that consistently, he has matured a lot.

Nice to see him still going to the net.

Closed Thread