HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu (merged)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2006, 10:26 AM
  #1
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Koivu (merged)

http://www.canadiens.com/fre/news/re...ewsItemID=5369

Late article about the Koivus...

Its so cute.






Mikko is 6'4''!!!

I want him on my team

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 11:59 AM
  #2
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 500
Koivu is respected

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...006/CPSPORTS01

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 01:31 PM
  #3
type_v
Registered User
 
type_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Peru
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
To those who don't read french

Saku Koivu already has his place in the great book of the Montreal Canadiens History and in the heart of Tricolore fans.

Saturday, Koivu proved his importance and value in the team by scoring two goals which tied the game in the third period, then scored in the shootout, which transformed a mediocre game from his team into a. exhilerating win.

This place will become even bigger during the next few points, days, and seasons.

Tonight, during the Boston Bruins' visit, Wednesday at New Jersey, or two days later on the other side of New York, at Long Island, Saku Koivu should tie, if not pass, Dickie Moore at the 15th rank in the list of the best passers in the History of the Canadiens. Koivu currently has 338 assists.

Once Moore is reached and passed, Koivu should quickly join Pete Mahovlich, and have greats such as Steve Shutt, Mats Naslund, Doug Harvey, and Bernard Geoffrion in his sights as soon as next season.

Nexy December 14, when the Tampa Bay Lighting visit, Koivu will reach 600 career games. Something he would have accomplished a long time ago, if it wasn't for the numerous injuries, cancer and the two strikes which cost him a season and a half.

Also of note is that in his seventh season as captain, Koivu is third behind Émile «Butch» Bouchard and Jean Béliveau, who is king amongst all other captains with 10 years. Koivu should reach this mark if he avoids injuries and completes his career with the Canadiens.

Are these only numbers?

"No! It's more than that. 600 games reminds me that I'm not getting younger. To join Dickie Moore, a legend whose jersey is hanging on the roof, is a particular honour. Even if my personal stats (goals, assists, and overall points) were crippled by injuries. But it is clear for me that being captain of this team for such a long time and seeing my name associated with guys like Bob Gainey, Serge Savard, and the greatest of all, Mr. Béliveau, is an enormous deal" Said with pride the little centre, who left his native Finland in the Fall of 1995

=============================

I'll translate the rest later if anyone cares, but it is more with what happened on Saturday from Souray's point of view.

type_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 01:38 PM
  #4
wade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
i think most critics were silenced after koivu came back from cancer

and anyone who still questioned koivu was silenced after last year

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 01:42 PM
  #5
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by type_v View Post
Saku Koivu already has his place in the great book of the Montreal Canadiens History and in the heart of Tricolore fans.

Saturday, Koivu proved his importance and value in the team by scoring two goals which tied the game in the third period, then scored in the shootout, which transformed a mediocre game from his team into a. exhilerating win.

This place will become even bigger during the next few points, days, and seasons.

Tonight, during the Boston Bruins' visit, Wednesday at New Jersey, or two days later on the other side of New York, at Long Island, Saku Koivu should tie, if not pass, Dickie Moore at the 15th rank in the list of the best passers in the History of the Canadiens. Koivu currently has 338 assists.

Once Moore is reached and passed, Koivu should quickly join Pete Mahovlich, and have greats such as Steve Shutt, Mats Naslund, Doug Harvey, and Bernard Geoffrion in his sights as soon as next season.

Nexy December 14, when the Tampa Bay Lighting visit, Koivu will reach 600 career games. Something he would have accomplished a long time ago, if it wasn't for the numerous injuries, cancer and the two strikes which cost him a season and a half.

Also of note is that in his seventh season as captain, Koivu is third behind Émile «Butch» Bouchard and Jean Béliveau, who is king amongst all other captains with 10 years. Koivu should reach this mark if he avoids injuries and completes his career with the Canadiens.

Are these only numbers?

"No! It's more than that. 600 games reminds me that I'm not getting younger. To join Dickie Moore, a legend whose jersey is hanging on the roof, is a particular honour. Even if my personal stats (goals, assists, and overall points) were crippled by injuries. But it is clear for me that being captain of this team for such a long time and seeing my name associated with guys like Bob Gainey, Serge Savard, and the greatest of all, Mr. Béliveau, is an enormous deal" Said with pride the little centre, who left his native Finland in the Fall of 1995

=============================

I'll translate the rest later if anyone cares, but it is more with what happened on Saturday from Souray's point of view.
BABELFISH'S VERSION (LOL):

Koivu: a place of choice in the tricolour history

François Gagnon

The Press


Saku Koivu has already a place of choice in the large book of history of the Canadian of Montreal and in the heart of the partisans of the Tricolour one.

Saturday, by orchestrating the push of two goals which made it possible to the Canadian to equalize the chances in third period, before marking a goal in the shooting, which transformed a quite ordinary match of its team into a victory enivrante, Koivu proved its value and the importance of its place within the team.

A place which will take width with the wire of the next points, forthcoming days and forthcoming seasons.

This evening, at the time of the visit of Bruins of Boston, Wednesday in the New Jersey, or the following day on other side of New York, with Length Island, Saku Koivu should join, even exceed, Dickie Moore with the 15e row of the best frontier runners of the history of the Canadian. Koivu asserts 338 mentions of assistance for the moment.

Joined Moore once and to exceed, Koivu should quickly join Pete Mahovlich, and to have in its test card Steve Shutt, Mats Naslund, Doug Harvey and Bernard Geoffrion, early the next season.

Next 14 December, at the time of the visit of Lightning de Tampa Bay, Koivu will reach the plate of the 600 matches in career. A plate which it would have reached it is a long time already, had not been the many wounds, the cancer which afflicted it and the two conflicts, which also made him lose one season and half.

Without forgetting that at its seventh season as captain, Koivu is third behind Emile "Butch" Bouchard and Jean Béliveau, who throne in front of all the other captains with a 10 years reign. A reign that Koivu could exceed, if it avoids the wounds and if it supplements its career with the Canadian.

What of the figures all that?

"Not! It is more than figures. 600 matches, it is a stage and that recalls me that I renovated not. Rejoindre Dickie Moore, a legend of the Canadian whose pullover is fixed on the ceiling, it is a particular honor, even if my personal statistics, in fact of goals, master keys and points, were cut down by the wounds. But it is clear that for me, the fact of being a captain of this team since so a long time and of seeing my name associated with guy like Bob Gainey, Serge Savard and largest of all, Mr. Béliveau, it is enormous ", told with pride the small player of center, unloaded its native Finland with the autumn 1995.


LOL

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 01:47 PM
  #6
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by type_v View Post
Saku Koivu already has his place in the great book of the Montreal Canadiens History and in the heart of Tricolore fans.

Saturday, Koivu proved his importance and value in the team by scoring two goals which tied the game in the third period, then scored in the shootout, which transformed a mediocre game from his team into a. exhilerating win.

This place will become even bigger during the next few points, days, and seasons.

Tonight, during the Boston Bruins' visit, Wednesday at New Jersey, or two days later on the other side of New York, at Long Island, Saku Koivu should tie, if not pass, Dickie Moore at the 15th rank in the list of the best passers in the History of the Canadiens. Koivu currently has 338 assists.

Once Moore is reached and passed, Koivu should quickly join Pete Mahovlich, and have greats such as Steve Shutt, Mats Naslund, Doug Harvey, and Bernard Geoffrion in his sights as soon as next season.

Nexy December 14, when the Tampa Bay Lighting visit, Koivu will reach 600 career games. Something he would have accomplished a long time ago, if it wasn't for the numerous injuries, cancer and the two strikes which cost him a season and a half.

Also of note is that in his seventh season as captain, Koivu is third behind Émile «Butch» Bouchard and Jean Béliveau, who is king amongst all other captains with 10 years. Koivu should reach this mark if he avoids injuries and completes his career with the Canadiens.

Are these only numbers?

"No! It's more than that. 600 games reminds me that I'm not getting younger. To join Dickie Moore, a legend whose jersey is hanging on the roof, is a particular honour. Even if my personal stats (goals, assists, and overall points) were crippled by injuries. But it is clear for me that being captain of this team for such a long time and seeing my name associated with guys like Bob Gainey, Serge Savard, and the greatest of all, Mr. Béliveau, is an enormous deal" Said with pride the little centre, who left his native Finland in the Fall of 1995

=============================

I'll translate the rest later if anyone cares, but it is more with what happened on Saturday from Souray's point of view.

That was an awesome article, Saku is a godsend for this team! My favourite player by far

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 02:42 PM
  #7
Dolphinwave
Registered User
 
Dolphinwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
I always liked him, and even more when he recovered from cancer and came back. But I even more like him since I had cancer and he signed my cap and gave me a msg of hope when I was fighting. I won and I know how hard it is to come back to your normal life afterwards. He is a hero just to have overcome all that, and still be one of the great players in the NHL.

Dolphinwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
  #8
Hotstreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
When Koivu officially passes Beliveau (hopefully) as the longest serving captain in Montreal history, there better be one hell of a pre-game ceremony. It'll be quite the day.

Hotstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 02:51 PM
  #9
Lestriker
Registered User
 
Lestriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Hopefully I will be invited along with Kirk Muller and Yvon Lambert when they retire our famous #11.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 02:54 PM
  #10
The n00b King ©*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Hopefully I will be invited along with Kirk Muller and Yvon Lambert when they retire our famous #11.
nice Laetitia Casta avatar

i discovered that hotty back in her Victoria Secrets days close to 10 years ago...wow...10 years ago...im getting old

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
  #11
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post
nice Laetitia Casta avatar

i discovered that hotty back in her Victoria Secrets days close to 10 years ago...wow...10 years ago...im getting old
You too?

She's pretty much an angel sent on earth..

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.