HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Bobby Sanguinetti

Old
12-04-2006, 11:03 AM
GUYMAN

vCash: 500
Bobby Sanguinetti

Has anyone seem him play? I'm from his state of NJ and also a big Rangers fan. Hoping he can make it all the way to the big club.

GUYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Yes, I've seen him play.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 07:30 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Yes, I've seen him play.
Me Too!

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 10:22 AM
JrHockeyFan

Huh?

Bobby who?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 06:53 PM
toomanymen

Well folks, we're not exactly encouraging people to ask questions are we? Answer the question or don't post. Sarcasm is fine if it happens w/ in a thread but not in response to a legit post.

toomanymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Heat McManus

I have not seen him play, but I know one of his coaches from NJ who is very high on him. The knock on him is his physical play. From what his coach has told me he might need to adjust the physicality of his game once he moves up to a higher level of play. (The more I type this the more I fear he will be the next Tom Poti.) He is a very smooth skater, good puckhandler, and distributes the puck well. Hope that sheds some light on the subject.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanymen View Post
Well folks, we're not exactly encouraging people to ask questions are we? Answer the question or don't post. Sarcasm is fine if it happens w/ in a thread but not in response to a legit post.
What's the problem? He asked "have you seen him play?" so I said yes I have. I answered the question.

Old
12-06-2006, 08:11 AM
toomanymen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
What's the problem? He asked "have you seen him play?" so I said yes I have. I answered the question.

I think it should be obvious to a poster of your level that the question infers some sort of feedback on what you had seen if you did see him play. If it wasn't obvious to you then I apologize for assuming it was.

Old
12-06-2006, 10:26 AM
JrHockeyFan

Ok ok

Quote:
You are correct, there were a couple of wiseguy answers. No harm intended I think. But I get your point.

On the other hand, you might have demonstrated your point better by simply addressing the topic yourself. Have you seen Sanguinetti play?

Old
12-06-2006, 10:38 AM
JrHockeyFan

Yes!

I have seen Sanguinetti play and I think he is a good gritty player who can also score. He needs to improve his defensive game if he wants to play for the Rangers. He has been a -6 last yr and a -10 so far this yr despite being an above average scorer. Goaltending may have been a factor in the poor plus / minus rating, however Dalyn Flatt has managed a +11 playing D under the same circumstances this year. Sekera was a +15 last year.

I hope this is what you were looking for, no disrespect intended earlier.

Old
12-06-2006, 10:42 AM
FearTheFlyers

Sanguinetti was tremendous in the playoffs last year, but for me hasn't been the same player.

A lot more physical this year though.

Old
12-06-2006, 11:05 AM
JrHockeyFan

What's the deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFlyers View Post
Sanguinetti was tremendous in the playoffs last year, but for me hasn't been the same player.

A lot more physical this year though.
Is coaching style or game style behind this? I gotta tell you I think this team plays below it's ability most of the time. I have a hard time understanding exactly what kind of game they think they want to play. If it is physical, it isn't working.

While goaltending has not been good, I keep thinking that a big factor is the type of game that is played in front of those goalies. What do you think?

Old
12-06-2006, 11:29 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Is coaching style or game style behind this? I gotta tell you I think this team plays below it's ability most of the time. I have a hard time understanding exactly what kind of game they think they want to play. If it is physical, it isn't working.

While goaltending has not been good, I keep thinking that a big factor is the type of game that is played in front of those goalies. What do you think?
I think the coaching is terrible and has been for years. No systems and no motivation.

No signs of him going anywhere though.

Old
12-06-2006, 03:24 PM
toomanymen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
You are correct, there were a couple of wiseguy answers. No harm intended I think. But I get your point.

On the other hand, you might have demonstrated your point better by simply addressing the topic yourself. Have you seen Sanguinetti play?

Good response and touche. I have seen him play, but not enough to provide the f/b some of you are able to give. I go to almost all the Knights games at home but tend to watch our guys more plus a select few of the visitors. Maybe I should put up or shut up, but it's hard to concentrate on "scouting" while juggling ten dollar beers.

Old
12-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
I think it should be obvious to a poster of your level that the question infers some sort of feedback on what you had seen if you did see him play. If it wasn't obvious to you then I apologize for assuming it was.
You give me too much credit. You see, my answer in this thread IS my level.

Old
12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
JrHockeyFan

Lol

Quote:
Good response and touche. I have seen him play, but not enough to provide the f/b some of you are able to give. I go to almost all the Knights games at home but tend to watch our guys more plus a select few of the visitors. Maybe I should put up or shut up, but it's hard to concentrate on "scouting" while juggling ten dollar beers.
the trick is not to juggle those beers, or hold onto them long. Especially the biggies. They get warm dontcha know?