HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proof that Samsonov is not with the right Linemate

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2006, 11:54 AM
  #1
!nkubus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Proof that Samsonov is not with the right Linemate

Look at the kind of goals he pulled last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We812o6P6to

A lot of them are rebound and one-timers. This is not Kovalev that will make passes like this to Samsonov. I really wish they try Samsonov with Koivu and Latendresse. Kovy and Sammy just don't fit together.

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 12:30 PM
  #2
GoHabsGO252006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
While I don't agree with the line combination that you've suggested I do definitely agree that a change is needed on that second line, enough is enough it's been 25 games, it's not happening, I suggset:

Lats Koivu Kovalev
Samsonov Plex Ryder
Great third line and
Murray Begin Double shift someone.....

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 12:40 PM
  #3
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Why do I get the feeling that there is another reason why Samsonov and Kovalev have been kept together, like maybe a point is being made? Of course I am by nature suspiscious, cynical, and paranoid.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
  #4
!nkubus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Why do I get the feeling that there is another reason why Samsonov and Kovalev have been kept together, like maybe a point is being made? Of course I am by nature suspiscious, cynical, and paranoid.
I'm sure Carbo is waiting for Higgins to put in the middle of those badboys. But in the meantime we need to make them produce.

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 01:41 PM
  #5
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post
I'm sure Carbo is waiting for Higgins to put in the middle of those badboys. But in the meantime we need to make them produce.
Higgins won't be back for at least two weeks and Carbonneau has been steadfast in keeping them together despite little results so my point is that there is something else going on here than forcing a square peg into a round hole.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 01:48 PM
  #6
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,823
vCash: 500
Samsonov is not with the right TEAM period.



This guy is a ****ing snitch , he still play for the Bruins.


Kill him boys!

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
  #7
BORAT
Registered User
 
BORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kazakhstan
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Ship'm to the Leafs !!!

Samsonov for the rights to fondle Jason Allison

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 02:40 PM
  #8
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Should be playing with Koivu.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:30 PM
  #9
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,515
vCash: 500
He needs to play with someone who can get open first of all. Because he's a playmaker first and foremost----->Higgins

He needs someone with size on his line who can also anticipate and be physical to help him when he runs out of room----->Latendresse


Samsonov-Higgins-Latendresse
Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev


tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
  #10
Lestriker
Registered User
 
Lestriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
He needs to play with someone who can get open first of all. Because he's a playmaker first and foremost----->Higgins

He needs someone with size on his line who can also anticipate and be physical to help him when he runs out of room----->Latendresse


Samsonov-Higgins-Latendresse
Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev

Exactly what I think.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:47 PM
  #11
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Exactly what I think.
I don't think Ryder and Kovy would get along though. Neither guy would pass the puck after awhile IMO.

I just don't think the solution lies in those 6 players. That third line has to be broken up.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:53 PM
  #12
Lestriker
Registered User
 
Lestriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I don't think Ryder and Kovy would get along though. Neither guy would pass the puck after awhile IMO.

I just don't think the solution lies in those 6 players. That third line has to be broken up.
Well I think Koivu would dish out pucks to both creating lots of scoring chances. Now when Ryder is going to start burying all thoses chances, Habs will be in business.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
  #13
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Well I think Koivu would dish out pucks to both creating lots of scoring chances. Now when Ryder is going to start burying all thoses chances, Habs will be in business.
I don't think Ryder should be on right wing. I think the normal way of thinking is if the guy is smaller you want him on his off-wing to give him more time, right?

A guy who is right-handed would have to have size to play right wing in order to drive the net?

Not sure. I just don't like Ryder on that right side though.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 04:04 PM
  #14
Lestriker
Registered User
 
Lestriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I don't think Ryder should be on right wing. I think the normal way of thinking is if the guy is smaller you want him on his off-wing to give him more time, right?

A guy who is right-handed would have to have size to play right wing in order to drive the net?

Not sure. I just don't like Ryder on that right side though.
Precisely. Kovalev loves cutting in front off-wing so we would have both snipers getting to the high slot unleashing deadly wristers.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 04:09 PM
  #15
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Precisely. Kovalev loves cutting in front off-wing so we would have both snipers getting to the high slot unleashing deadly wristers.
I think Ryder would mess it up and Kovy would stop passing to him. Ideally it SHOULD work though, like you say. But Ryder's vision is limited imo and he will ALWAYS shoot.

So who is going to crash the net for rebounds? Koivu? Kovalev?

I don't think so.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 04:11 PM
  #16
Lestriker
Registered User
 
Lestriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I think Ryder would mess it up and Kovy would stop passing to him. Ideally it SHOULD work though, like you say. But Ryder's vision is limited imo and he will ALWAYS shoot.

So who is going to crash the net for rebounds? Koivu? Kovalev?

I don't think so.
Well, it's worth a try.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 04:12 PM
  #17
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
The reality for our beloved Habs is this:

Whoever is playing with Koivu will look good and put up points.*

Whoever isn't needs to work his *** off to try to carry a line on his own. Kovalev is such an elite talent that 1 out of every 3-4 games, he looks like he can carry a line.

Samsonov is 1 step under Kovy in that he cannot carry the line those 2 or 3 other games.










*even our beloved Higgins who we all love, including myself, wouldn't put up the same kind of numbers playing with anybody else.

Put Perez with Koivu, he scores.
Put Latendresse with K, he scores.
Put Kovalev with K, he scores.
Put Higgins with K, he scores.

We don't have a talent on the second line that can consistenly carry a line. Maybe Higgins in a few years, maybe Latendresse in a few years... maybe Grabovsky in a few years. But right now.. nada.

We have to hope that Kovalev picks up the pace of his magical moments to more than 1/2 games (can't wait for playoff Kovalev) or that somehow someone develops chemistry with Samsonov (Bonk? ) or we get that elusive 2nd line centre than doesn't exist in the league.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 05:48 PM
  #18
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I don't think Ryder and Kovy would get along though. Neither guy would pass the puck after awhile IMO.

I just don't think the solution lies in those 6 players. That third line has to be broken up.
I agree!!!
As good as the third line has been....it needs to be broken up. If we done that, then we might finally be able to get some decent lines put together and everybody would start scoring.
Just think...

Samsonov - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Bonk - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Pleks - Johnson
Murray - Begin - Latendresse
or
Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Samsonov - Bonk - Ryder
Latendresse - Pleks - Johnson
Murray - Begin - Perezhogin

These are my 2 favorite line combos.....There are so many possibilities with that 3rd line broken up....I'd say it needs to be done ASAP.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 05:51 PM
  #19
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednified View Post
Should be playing with Koivu.
apparently everybody should be playing with Koivu

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.