HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Meszaros - the triple threat

Old
12-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Jennifer 19

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
I think I did a good job along with other Sens fans presenting a reasonable argument on the main board.
Yeah, but some think you've shot your credibility. Not that it means a damn thing what they think anyway.

Besides, I'm not really suprised at the response. And I couldn't care less about Phaneuf or who is better. Phaneuf might have the flashy big hits, but Mez has a complete game. It's more subtle. Whatever...I'm happy with what we've got. (Plus, we've got Volchenkov, so we have the best of both worlds. )

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 10:36 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura_24 View Post
Yeah, but some think you've shot your credibility. Not that it means a damn thing what they think anyway.

Besides, I'm not really suprised at the response. And I couldn't care less about Phaneuf or who is better. Phaneuf might have the flashy big hits, but Mez has a complete game. It's more subtle. Whatever...I'm happy with what we've got. (Plus, we've got Volchenkov, so we have the best of both worlds. )
Volchenkov is so awesome. If he can develop his offensive game to the point where he gets 30-35 points a year along with his hitting and defensive game he will be an absolute monster.

I can't wait for the day when everyone realizes that Meszaros is one of the best defensemen in the league. Phaneuf may be more flashy but Meszaros will be winning Norris trophys. See his offensive game developing every game now, love his end to end rushes.

And credibility means little. I don't care what some person thinks of my opinions. I know I have a good hockey mind.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Jorge Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post

Very, verrrry well put!

On another note, does anyone else think Meszaros looks like a pirate?
Aye, matey. Arrrrrr.

Jorge Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 08:14 AM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Volchenkov is so awesome. If he can develop his offensive game to the point where he gets 30-35 points a year along with his hitting and defensive game he will be an absolute monster.

I can't wait for the day when everyone realizes that Meszaros is one of the best defensemen in the league. Phaneuf may be more flashy but Meszaros will be winning Norris trophys. See his offensive game developing every game now, love his end to end rushes.

And credibility means little. I don't care what some person thinks of my opinions. I know I have a good hockey mind.
Both Phaneuf and Meszaros will be perennial Norris contenders in their prime. Phaneuf is better now, but I won't be surprised if Meszaros has a better overall career.

I agree on your view of Volchenkov, my new favourite Sens blueliner. If he can develop some offence around his game, he can be an absolute monster in this league. Right now, he is a poor man's Chara (i.e. minus the fights/offence) and I couldn't be happier with his consistency. If he can only stay healthy from March to June.....

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 09:02 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Right now, he is a poor man's Chara (i.e. minus the fights/offence) and I couldn't be happier with his consistency.
Plus a willingness to cause internal bruising.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 09:52 AM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Plus a willingness to cause internal bruising.
Score 1 for Volchenkov, Chara 0.

Old
12-05-2006, 09:53 AM
armani
Guy Likes

Plus he makes 5 times less.

Score 2 for Volchenkov, Chara 0.

Old
12-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
I agree pt. 1.

Quote:
I agree pt. 2. He's got good offensive instincts to go with his strong defense...always willing to pay the price physically and he always seems to get back up. Complete package through and through.

Quote:
Good! I agree pt. 3.

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickEaves View Post
You guys have it all wrong.

I see shades of Bobby Orr in him.
im with Eaves on this.
While watching him the other night i couldnt contain myself, after a couple of end to end rushes i made that exact comment, he looks like freakin' Bobby Orr out there.

Now dont go crazy anyone, i realize he is not Bobby Orr, but as Eaves said i also see shades of Orr.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Egil

I used this comparison last year, but I find Phaneuf's game to be similar to Brian McCabe's. His two greatest strengths are his big shot and his big hits, just like McCabe. Unlike McCabe, the rest of his game is more well rounded, but alot of it is decidedly average. Big hitting hard shooting players are always given more value by fans than they actualy have.

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote