HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline ?

Old
12-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

vCash: 500
Trade deadline ?

I was wondering what kings fans should expect at the deadline if we are indeed going to be sellers. Seems to me like it will be a buyers market and I'm not sure guys like conroy, norstrom, miller, armstrong, etc. are going to be all that desirable or easy to trade. Are we just seeking draft picks? Will lombardi make a complete overhaul or will change likely come more slowly over the summer and towards the draft? Any thoughts?

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I was wondering what kings fans should expect at the deadline if we are indeed going to be sellers. Seems to me like it will be a buyers market and I'm not sure guys like conroy, norstrom, miller, armstrong, etc. are going to be all that desirable or easy to trade. Are we just seeking draft picks? Will lombardi make a complete overhaul or will change likely come more slowly over the summer and towards the draft? Any thoughts?

Blake - We are stuck with him due to trading him will be a PR monster.
Norstrom - 50/50 chance
Miller - goner
Conroy - goner
Army - 50/50
Cloutier - Para Vida

All of these guys are tradable except Cloutier. If George parros can bring a second rounder..........We should be able to get Ovechkin or Crosby for Miller!

In a perfect world for next season, Crawford is fired, Cloutier is bought out, some of the youth is traded for assets and the team has a fighting chance next season.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 05:33 PM
King Blazer

Cammalleri will be traded at the deadline...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 05:37 PM
DieHargFanOfKings

i just hate to see youth to be sold again...please santa...lets rebuild one time like it`s the right way to do...let`s try? Please?

DieHargFanOfKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
I could see it.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
If that is so, it better be for a damn good return. He is one of very few players on the roster who actually has a decent shot and can score and create offense.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 06:04 PM
dabeechman

I would not understand why DL would want to trade cammy.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
What's your reasoning? just curious...

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 07:06 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If that is so, it better be for a damn good return. He is one of very few players on the roster who actually has a decent shot and can score and create offense.
I agree. Cammalleri is going to be a UFA two seasons after this one. That's the same season Kopitar will be due a pay day and a half. Maybe I'm way off? I think Cammalleri would likely get Lombardi a good return. The type of return he's going to need if he's going to turn the Kings around. Picks and TOP prospects is what Lombardi needs...

Folks talk about the top-5 pick as if it's a sure thing. Ric Jackman, the 28-yr old defenseman that has played in 5 NHL organizations in 6-seasons just passed through waivers at an NHL salary of $800k. He was selected 5th overall in the 1996 draft...

Lombardi is going to have to give value to get value. Cammalleri should bring him a damn fine return...

Old
12-04-2006, 07:12 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
I agree. Cammalleri is going to be a UFA two seasons after this one. That's the same season Kopitar will be due a pay day and a half. Maybe I'm way off? I think Cammalleri would likely get Lombardi a good return. The type of return he's going to need if he's going to turn the Kings around. Picks and TOP prospects is what Lombardi needs...

Folks talk about the top-5 pick as if it's a sure thing. Ric Jackman, the 28-yr old defenseman that has played in 5 NHL organizations in 6-seasons just passed through waivers at an NHL salary of $800k. He was selected 5th overall in the 1996 draft...

Lombardi is going to have to give value to get value. Cammalleri should bring him a damn fine return...
although i couldn't say for certain... i have always felt that one of the kids is definitely going to go.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 07:34 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
although i couldn't say for certain... i have always felt that one of the kids is definitely going to go.
One of them almost has to. If not this deadline, the next. Lombardi is going to be faced with Kopitar coming out of the entry-level compensation system the same year Cammalleri hits UFA status. The following season, Brown and Frolov hit UFA together.

DT did a good job of assembling the youth that could take this team far. The new UFA age is something he couldn't have predicted and will likely lead to the trading of what many consider to be the "youth core".

Lombardi will likely spend the next 2-3 seasons trading off DT's youth core to build his team that will make a run during the 2012-2013 season.

Old
12-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I think it's best to get Cammy out now so that he'll bring more value now, rather than when he'll be at UFA status in the following off season. Teams like knowing that they'll have more time to re-sign a player.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 07:47 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I think it's best to get Cammy out now so that he'll bring more value now, rather than when he'll be at UFA status in the following off season. Teams like knowing that they'll have more time to re-sign a player.
Cammalleri has two seasons after this one before he hits UFA status. So if he was dealt next season, the team that acquired him would still have one season of RFA status with him...

Old
12-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

They could still lock up Cammalleri to a multi-year deal at around $3M or so. I'm not worried about the Kings locking up Kopitar, and they will have plenty of cap space with the salary cap going up next season and many contracts expiring.

Seeing how teams like Tampa Bay and Ottawa were able to retain their core and stay below the salary cap, I don't think Lombardi will have THAT much difficulty doing the same.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Cammalleri has two seasons after this one before he hits UFA status. So if he was dealt next season, the team that acquired him would still have one season of RFA status with him...
I think that's a good thing as far as his value is concerned.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 07:53 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They could still lock up Cammalleri to a multi-year deal at around $3M or so. I'm not worried about the Kings locking up Kopitar, and they will have plenty of cap space with the salary cap going up next season and many contracts expiring.

Seeing how teams like Tampa Bay and Ottawa were able to retain their core and stay below the salary cap, I don't think Lombardi will have THAT much difficulty doing the same.
Anything's possible. I just don't see much incentive for Cammalleri to sign a long term deal with the Kings at this point. Again, I could be way off...

Old
12-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Reaper45

Cammalleri and Willsie for Horton and Gratton?

Old
12-04-2006, 07:56 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Cammalleri and Willsie for Horton and Gratton?
Cammalleri for picks and/or TOP prospects. If Gleason and Belanger can fetch JMFJ, Cammalleri should bring a damn fine return. I don't see Lombardi building for a team to make a run in a couple of seasons. Bernier is going to be a while, Kopitar has time, JMFJ is still in college...

Old
12-04-2006, 08:00 PM
dabeechman

DL has a couple large contracts ready to expire which will help to sign our core players. I dont see why we would trade our youth away that are coming into their prime. We dont have anything to replace them with anyway. It would be nice to have some scoring stability on this team...

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 08:10 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
DL has a couple large contracts ready to expire which will help to sign our core players. I dont see why we would trade our youth away that are coming into their prime. We dont have anything to replace them with anyway. It would be nice to have some scoring stability on this team...
In a nutshell, the 2005 CBA changed the definition of "youth". Teams have 7-seasons with players before the hit UFA status now...

Which contracts?

Old
12-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Cammalleri for picks and/or TOP prospects. If Gleason and Belanger can fetch JMFJ, Cammalleri should bring a damn fine return. I don't see Lombardi building for a team to make a run in a couple of seasons. Bernier is going to be a while, Kopitar has time, JMFJ is still in college...
Horton is 21. . . .

Old
12-04-2006, 08:14 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Horton is 21. . . .
He's also in his 3rd NHL season. Next year would be contract year #4 for him. Maybe, but probably better to go younger in terms of NHL contract years...

Old
12-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
He's also in his 3rd NHL season. Next year would be contract year #4 for him. Maybe, but probably better to go younger in terms of NHL contract years...
Yeah I forgot he'd been around so long.

Old
12-04-2006, 08:30 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Yeah I forgot he'd been around so long.
Exactly the problem Lombardi and the evey other GM in the NHL faces now. A 21 year old kid is 4-seasons away from UFA status. Hey, at least the owners got their CAP...

Old
12-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Fat Elvis

KB you may be thinking too much on this one. Blake, Miller, Conroy, Thornton and even our buddy Clouts will be off the books by the time DL needs to worry about Camm and company. No telling what/where the cap will be. I think it'd be a mistake to move a guy like Cammy when he is the type of player DL would be looking to deal for. But I've been wrong many times.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote