HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Good Lowell Devils Game?

Old
12-04-2006, 06:26 PM
disfigured

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
Good Lowell Devils Game?

Me and "the guys", were looking to do something and I suggested a Lowell Devils game.

But I'm ashamed to admit not many of us have been following them as closely as we should.

What's good game comming up against a team that has a good chance of being "chippy".

Wasn't there are recent game against the Monarchs or Baby Bruins that got a little "out of hand"?

Is there a match up like that comming up during the holiday season?

Possibly in the next couple of weeks?

Any input would be appreciated.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 11:10 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Portland and Providence played a couple weeks ago where they had 273 penalty mins and 25 fighting majors....

It was a riot on ice.......

As for Lowell, enjoy them while you can because it looks like they are leaving for Trenton at the end of the year.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Rumblick

Toughest part of this game is trying to figure out when something's gonna bust loose. I've seen dozens of times when we thought it was going to be a 4-hour bloodbath and you get three interference calls the whole night.

I'd go with Lowell / Hartford due to the Devils Rangers thing. At least you'd have a shot.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 06:13 AM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
I thought that might be the case.

Too bad there wasn't more support for them. I'm to blame as much as anyone else though. It's a shame really , the AHL is the highest leagued sport in the city and now it's going to be gone.

I think we'll just catch the next home game against the Baby B's.

Thanks for the input....... Go Devils...... well not too far, don't go to Trenton ;-).

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 08:02 PM
NHRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfigured View Post
I thought that might be the case.

Too bad there wasn't more support for them. I'm to blame as much as anyone else though. It's a shame really , the AHL is the highest leagued sport in the city and now it's going to be gone.

I think we'll just catch the next home game against the Baby B's.

Thanks for the input....... Go Devils...... well not too far, don't go to Trenton ;-).
Actually you can't blame the fans. I was a big Lock Monsters fan but when they were bought by NJ, a team hated by most locals, I was skeptical.

I did go to a game and it was boring. The on-ice product was blah, there was hardly anyone there (I'd say less than a 1000 people) and they'd completely abandoned all the between face off entertainment that brings in families.

I suspect it was the Devil's plan to move to Trenton all along. Kill the product so they can get out of their lease.

NHRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 03:51 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRonin View Post
Actually you can't blame the fans. I was a big Lock Monsters fan but when they were bought by NJ, a team hated by most locals, I was skeptical.

I did go to a game and it was boring. The on-ice product was blah, there was hardly anyone there (I'd say less than a 1000 people) and they'd completely abandoned all the between face off entertainment that brings in families.

I suspect it was the Devil's plan to move to Trenton all along. Kill the product so they can get out of their lease.
why didn't they move Albany then, it seems that's the next franchise to be eliminated, Rumblick

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
why didn't they move Albany then, it seems that's the next franchise to be eliminated, Rumblick
You responded to a post by NHRonin, who was responding to a post by disfigurd, and you still bring my name into it. Ah, the price of fame.

As to your question, you already know the answers.
1) They didn't take ownership of the Trenton franchise until this season.
2) They never owned the River Rats, so they couldn't just move that franchise.
3) They needed time to implement the plan for the "Devils state".

Old
12-12-2006, 12:32 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblick View Post
You responded to a post by NHRonin, who was responding to a post by disfigurd, and you still bring my name into it. Ah, the price of fame.

As to your question, you already know the answers.
1) They didn't take ownership of the Trenton franchise until this season.
2) They never owned the River Rats, so they couldn't just move that franchise.
3) They needed time to implement the plan for the "Devils state".
right, but still doesn't answer why Lowell isn't a bad market----as I said what is NJ doing to keep the franchise nor have the Devils stated that they are indeed moving Lowell.

Old
12-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
right, but still doesn't answer why Lowell isn't a bad market
There attendance has been bad for quite some time. What more do you need to know?

Quote:
----as I said what is NJ doing to keep the franchise nor have the Devils stated that they are indeed moving Lowell.
Of course they haven't said anything, yet. It's still early in the current season. They'll wait to make the announcement until later in the year or even after the season depending on the terms of the oft speculated out clause in the lease. They are not going to do anything outright that would sabotage the attendance.

Cripes, how about a little 2+2 or connect the dots reasoning, professor?

Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
right, but still doesn't answer why Lowell isn't a bad market----as I said what is NJ doing to keep the franchise nor have the Devils stated that they are indeed moving Lowell.
Doesn't really matter anymore if Lowell is a good market, because after this season it won't be an AHL market.

The Devils have done nothing to keep the franchise in Lowell, because they're not interested in keeping it there.

Making the announcement is the only thing they haven't done. The pieces are all in place - now it's just a matter of time.

Old
12-12-2006, 01:36 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
There attendance has been bad for quite some time. What more do you need to know?

Of course they haven't said anything, yet. It's still early in the current season. They'll wait to make the announcement until later in the year or even after the season depending on the terms of the oft speculated out clause in the lease. They are not going to do anything outright that would sabotage the attendance.

Cripes, how about a little 2+2 or connect the dots reasoning, professor?

since when do the fans vote to move a team smh

how many of us are representing our franchises on the Board of Governors hmmmm

Last edited by CHRDANHUTCH: 12-12-2006 at 01:37 PM. Reason: adding comment
Old
12-12-2006, 01:40 PM

Please make it stop.

Someone.

Anyone.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 01:44 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Please make it stop.

Someone.

Anyone.
The only way it ends if ppl support Lowell to keep the team there long-term not arguing that a fait accompli has been announced that the Devils have given up on Lowell----the fact is, NJ hasn't shown any interest there---wonders if Walter Robb was correct in booting the Devils out of Albany.

Old
12-12-2006, 01:48 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
The only way it ends if ppl support Lowell to keep the team there long-term not arguing that a fait accompli has been announced that the Devils have given up on Lowell----the fact is, NJ hasn't shown any interest there---wonders if Walter Robb was correct in booting the Devils out of Albany.
That's quite obviously not what 210 was talking about...

Anyways...this thread has gone far enough off topic, and there's already another thread dedicated to all that ails Lowell. If anyone can recommend any good games for the starter of this thread to attend, go right ahead. But any more of this endless bickering will be deleted.

And for those who continue to hijack threads...there's this nifty new "ban this user from thread" feature that I've been dying to try out.

Last edited by ratsgirl: 12-12-2006 at 02:16 PM. Reason: ...because my head hurts
ratsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 02:59 PM
FargoND

Ah, well the games historically to go to have been the Providence Bruins or Manchester Monarchs (weekend games) However, add the river rats to the list as our former players and coach are there and always good to see.

FargoND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 03:19 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl View Post
And for those who continue to hijack threads...there's this nifty new "ban this user from thread" feature that I've been dying to try out.
Can you use that feature for the AHL board in general?

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote