HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LMHF Game Report #12

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 08:39 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
LMHF Game Report #12

Memo to all you SHOOT! people: Tonight you got your wish, 40-odd horrible and useless shots. Hope you're proud.

I'm gonna keep this pretty short, in quite the foul mood tonight.

Our team stunk tonight. There was an extreme lack of effort. I don't think many of them looked like they cared very much at all. No going to the net, no finish, missing chance after chance, firing lazy shots from the outside with no one in front and no chance for a rebound. That's lazy hockey.

Ty was alright, other than that, it was a pretty sorry showing.

No one played exceptionally well tonight.

MAB had an up-and-down game, scoring a smart goal but also making a bad play on Colorado's 4th.

Oates did not alot, as could be predicted.

Smyth continues to look very un-Ryan-like. Missed at least 3 gimme goals tonight. Not impressive.

The D-core wasn't anything special, but it wasn't atrocious either. Semenov played pretty physical, which was a welcome change.

Hemsky played okay, but didn't get anything done.

Isbister continues to prove why he can float with the best of em.

Georges actually played a pretty decent game for a change, too bad his efforts were wasted so badly on the SH goal we allowed.

Horcoff did what he does best, give the puck away and generally look out of place.

Moreau had some drive tonight, but drive doesn't get you 'W's.

I still think Fernando scored, and if he didn't, he should've.

Raffi and Radek were pretty average.

Yorkie played not very well at all. Including being the main culprit on the SH backbreaker, but this game was pretty well done before then.

----------------------------------------

Just a pathetic, boring, effort-less kinda night. Any game where you miss as many easy chances as the Oilers did tonight comes down to effort and focus. Both were clearly lacking. This team needs to get on-track and fast. MacT has really de-railed them with his whacked-out practice skeds, and not to mention playing Ty Conklin into the ground (he's playing well, but give the guy a rest already). Hate to think this is the start of somethin ugly, it's probably just the mood I'm in.

BTW, memo to 14,000 of the 16,839 there tonight:
You don't do the wave when your team is down 4-1 in the third period. YAY! YAY! OUR TEAM IS LOSING! YAAAAAYYYYYYYY! C'mon...........

You sometimes wonder about that accountability thing that gets mentioned every now and then. There's this thing called booing, nights like tonight are what it's for, I suggest you try it.

I'm Out......

Old
11-28-2003, 09:08 PM
Walsher

I agree with most of your post with the exception of Oates. Amongst all the ugliness he to me was a bright spot. 11 of 16 on the draws - 16.5 minutes of ice - many offensive chances created (ie. cross ice feed to Cross in the first that was robbed, near misses on a couple occasions in the first, some good puck movement a couple times, and very smart play throughout the game).

Smyth was pathetic and continues to frustrate me - like I posted he can't do anything with Horcoff and Laraque yet Oates can? Doesn't make sense. He is rapidly turning into Buchberger.

I, like you hate the Shoooot chant - it only comes from nonhockey followers. 41 shots the majority of which resulted in few actual chances. Why would guys shoot when there is 7 players right in front of them to block the shots. I started yelling pass just to show them how stupid they sound.

I too was at the game - One thing I noticed was the 3rd period opening draw. Did you see that? The Oilers had no clue who was supposed to start the period. Parts of 3 lines were on the ice and in all the confusion they almost got a delay of game penalty. how do you not know what line is starting a period? That is really pathetic and disheartening to see.

This game was a huge waste of time and money.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:27 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
I agree with most of your post with the exception of Oates. Amongst all the ugliness he to me was a bright spot. 11 of 16 on the draws - 16.5 minutes of ice - many offensive chances created (ie. cross ice feed to Cross in the first that was robbed, near misses on a couple occasions in the first, some good puck movement a couple times, and very smart play throughout the game).

Smyth was pathetic and continues to frustrate me - like I posted he can't do anything with Horcoff and Laraque yet Oates can? Doesn't make sense. He is rapidly turning into Buchberger.

I, like you hate the Shoooot chant - it only comes from nonhockey followers. 41 shots the majority of which resulted in few actual chances. Why would guys shoot when there is 7 players right in front of them to block the shots. I started yelling pass just to show them how stupid they sound.

I too was at the game - One thing I noticed was the 3rd period opening draw. Did you see that? The Oilers had no clue who was supposed to start the period. Parts of 3 lines were on the ice and in all the confusion they almost got a delay of game penalty. how do you not know what line is starting a period? That is really pathetic and disheartening to see.

This game was a huge waste of time and money.
Me and #2 are gonna start yelling DONNNNN'TTTT SHOOOOOOOT! next game.

Yeah, that thing in the third I did notice. I really wonder sometimes about how prepared these guys are. MacTavish's blank stares don't exactly fill me with confidence.....

Oates was decent, but you could really tell he's a little behind. No real expectations tonight except maybe an assist, so it's okay. Patience with him.

Smyth is really stuck right now, can't even win battles on the boards. He needs a change, hopefully he'll get it soon in being back on a real line and on the wing.

Old
11-28-2003, 10:07 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Me and #2 are gonna start yelling DONNNNN'TTTT SHOOOOOOOT! next game.

Yeah, that thing in the third I did notice. I really wonder sometimes about how prepared these guys are. MacTavish's blank stares don't exactly fill me with confidence.....

Oates was decent, but you could really tell he's a little behind. No real expectations tonight except maybe an assist, so it's okay. Patience with him.

Smyth is really stuck right now, can't even win battles on the boards. He needs a change, hopefully he'll get it soon in being back on a real line and on the wing.
But even with York and Dvorak in the third Smyth looked lost. He had shifts on the wing and just looks out of place. He is supposed to be the master of cycling the puck - but he loses every battle along the boards making for simple clearing plays by the defensive team.

I have a theory. Listen to the people at the next game. Every person insisting on calling the teAM "THE OIL" are the people that know the least about hockey. All night all you will hear from them is:

"SHOOOOT OIL"
"HIT SOMEONE OIL"
"COME ON OIL"

They never say anything productive. They just annoy me to no end. These are the goofs that probably never played the game yet are trying to tell people that are the elite what they should do. Frustrating.

Old
11-28-2003, 10:32 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

well... like #1 said...41 shots and 1 went in...90% of the 40 being stupid and had NO chance...radek was just burning down the side...COULD drive to the net but decides to take either a little wrister at the goalies chest...or a slapper wide...next game we might need to get a mob together and beat the people yelling "shhooottt"...I really want to see a Dvorak-Oates-Hemsky line...i know Dvo is RW...but i just think that this line could get something done...PLEASE take Clearcoff out of the lineup...PLEASE!!!

Old
11-29-2003, 07:22 AM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Memo to all you SHOOT! people: Tonight you got your wish, 40-odd horrible and useless shots. Hope you're proud.

I'm gonna keep this pretty short, in quite the foul mood tonight.

Our team stunk tonight. There was an extreme lack of effort. I don't think many of them looked like they cared very much at all. No going to the net, no finish, missing chance after chance, firing lazy shots from the outside with no one in front and no chance for a rebound. That's lazy hockey.

Ty was alright, other than that, it was a pretty sorry showing.

No one played exceptionally well tonight.

MAB had an up-and-down game, scoring a smart goal but also making a bad play on Colorado's 4th.

Oates did not alot, as could be predicted.

Smyth continues to look very un-Ryan-like. Missed at least 3 gimme goals tonight. Not impressive.

The D-core wasn't anything special, but it wasn't atrocious either. Semenov played pretty physical, which was a welcome change.

Hemsky played okay, but didn't get anything done.

Isbister continues to prove why he can float with the best of em.

Georges actually played a pretty decent game for a change, too bad his efforts were wasted so badly on the SH goal we allowed.

Horcoff did what he does best, give the puck away and generally look out of place.

Moreau had some drive tonight, but drive doesn't get you 'W's.

I still think Fernando scored, and if he didn't, he should've.

Raffi and Radek were pretty average.

Yorkie played not very well at all. Including being the main culprit on the SH backbreaker, but this game was pretty well done before then.

----------------------------------------

Just a pathetic, boring, effort-less kinda night. Any game where you miss as many easy chances as the Oilers did tonight comes down to effort and focus. Both were clearly lacking. This team needs to get on-track and fast. MacT has really de-railed them with his whacked-out practice skeds, and not to mention playing Ty Conklin into the ground (he's playing well, but give the guy a rest already). Hate to think this is the start of somethin ugly, it's probably just the mood I'm in.

BTW, memo to 14,000 of the 16,839 there tonight:
You don't do the wave when your team is down 4-1 in the third period. YAY! YAY! OUR TEAM IS LOSING! YAAAAAYYYYYYYY! C'mon...........

You sometimes wonder about that accountability thing that gets mentioned every now and then. There's this thing called booing, nights like tonight are what it's for, I suggest you try it.

I'm Out......
I agree that this was a pretty boring game. If they would have Chimera in the line up he would have at least hit somone and got the Av's to take a couple of penalties because he has a tendancy to p--- off the oposition.

Closed Thread