HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Offers for Cammalleri

Old
12-05-2006, 09:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Montoya and Malik for Cammalleri and Miller.

12-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Montoya and Malik for Cammalleri and Miller.

We're not going to take Malik and his extra two years just for that.

12-05-2006, 09:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
He only has one more year, not two.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 09:59 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
***.. cammalleri?

wha?

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Man, sign me up for most of these deals....

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 12:12 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaelWho View Post
No you won't.

I'm a Kings' fan, and I'd love that deal, but it'd never go down from Edmonton's POV.
Why?

In 234 NHL games Hemsky has 41 goals. In 168 NHL games Cammy has 50 goals.

And lets not forget that Cammy is on pace for a 30 goal season, while Hemsky is currently on pace for only half of that.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Alot of us Kings fans think Cammalleri might be traded.
We do??

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 12:43 PM
GRuiz98

Send a message via AIM to GRuiz98
Why is it that lots of times when Kings players start playing well (or begin to play up to potential), there's almost always a group of people that want to trade them for unproven commodities?!?!?! You don't rebuild properly, let alone win, by trading all your best players.

GRuiz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
Offering Cammy is laughable.

The only way he would be moved is as part of a package for a Lecavalier-type franchise player.

WOW, you can find 5 posters who agree with you on him being money hungry...I can find 50 that don't.
Laughable? Really? Did you see the Demitra trade at the draft coming? I sure as hell didn't...

Cammalleri will hit UFA status in two more seasons which coincides with the end of Cloutier's contract. Do you honestly think the Kings are going to be legitimate Stanley Cup contenders in the next 2-seasons with Cloutier in net? My guess is the top-end of the Cloutier era will be the "black-hole" Lombardi talked about when he took over...

Cammalleri's competitive nature leads me to believe that winning the Stanley Cup is more important to him than the SoCal lifestyle...

Trading for him at this year's deadline would give the receiving team his services in the playoffs AND for two full seasons at RFA status. Hell, they could flip him again to recoup some investment. I think that adds even more value to a deal for him. Maybe he'll be moved next season if not this one. Maybe the Kings can lock him up long term, but I doubt that...

I don't see the Kings as a legitimate contender in the near future (3yrs anyway) and if they can get a solid return for Cammalleri, I think they'd go for it...

I'm not one of the five that thinks he's money hungry...

Last edited by King Blazer: 12-05-2006 at 01:04 PM.
King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Why would LA trade anything other than a pick for Souray? Everyone knows that he wants to be closer to his daughter, and odds are he signs out here if he gets a reasonable offer. What incentive do the Kings have to give up anything more?

A better question for the Habs fan, would be why would you look to move him right now?

You guys have a good team. I think you match up well against every team in the conference. And with some luck(no matter how good the team is "luck" is still a factor) the Habs have all of the elements to make a run this year.
no no, you misunderstood what im saying.

I was just throwing it out there that perhaps Souray may be involved in a trade like that. Not just Souray...

I dont know what the Kings need (wingers? defense? goaltending?) but in order to get something, you have to give something (most of the time). Doesnt have to involve Souray either.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 02:00 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Why?

In 234 NHL games Hemsky has 41 goals. In 168 NHL games Cammy has 50 goals.

And lets not forget that Cammy is on pace for a 30 goal season, while Hemsky is currently on pace for only half of that.
Hemsky is a pure playmaker though. Thats like saying Iginla scores 40 goals and gets 40 assists while Big Joe gets 30 goals and 90 assists and then say Iginla is better.

12# Peter Bondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Why would LA trade anything other than a pick for Souray? Everyone knows that he wants to be closer to his daughter, and odds are he signs out here if he gets a reasonable offer. What incentive do the Kings have to give up anything more?

A better question for the Habs fan, would be why would you look to move him right now?

You guys have a good team. I think you match up well against every team in the conference. And with some luck(no matter how good the team is "luck" is still a factor) the Habs have all of the elements to make a run this year.
As I recall, the reports that Souray wants to be on the west coast have now been debunked.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Tony_S*

I would love him on ottawa

Tony_S* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
DUDE!!! Did you miss that shootout goal? He scored from between his legs...you've got no choice but to take a chance on that kind of talent!!!

And, yeah, I'm surprised at how highly Cammy is regarded around the league too...maybe it has something to do with the exposure he got a while back at the WJC's. At any rate, I'd hold off on trading him unless it was part of a big package for a big return...he's a goal-hungry sniper and one of the best finishers on the team...hope to see him with the Kings for a long time.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Cammalleri's competitive nature leads me to believe that winning the Stanley Cup is more important to him than the SoCal lifestyle...
Isn't that the type of player Lombardi wants to bring to the Kings? Why would they give up on a young up-and-comer who is going to be a special player? Demitra is injury-prone and in his 30s and one of the highest paid players on the Kings. I wouldn't compare Cammalleri's situation with Demitra. And two seasons is more than enough time to get him locked up long-term.

He's 24 years old and getting better; how much younger is the team going to get?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaelWho View Post
No you won't.

I'm a Kings' fan, and I'd love that deal, but it'd never go down from Edmonton's POV.
It's obvious Kings fans don't get to see Hemsky play that often. If the deal did go down, you would be swearing at your TV because of Hemsky within a week.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 03:22 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
It's obvious Kings fans don't get to see Hemsky play that often. If the deal did go down, you would be swearing at your TV because of Hemsky within a week.
He was just awarded a long-term deal, right? The line on him last year during the playoffs was that he scored clutch goals and, for that reason was seen as a valuable member of the organization. Granted, I don't get to see him all that often, but just what is wrong with his game?

Old
12-05-2006, 03:26 PM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
He was just awarded a long-term deal, right? The line on him last year during the playoffs was that he scored clutch goals and, for that reason was seen as a valuable member of the organization. Granted, I don't get to see him all that often, but just what is wrong with his game?
I think some people critisize him of being lazy or that he has a lot of potential that he doesn't use.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
He coughs up the puck very regularly - I would say 3-5 times per game - by trying to stickhandle too much. This costs the team offensive opportunities. He has been benched for this trait.

He is very lazy without the puck. With Hemsky on the ice it is like being shorthanded in our own zone. I was at the triple OT playoff game against San Jose last year and I was amazed MacT did not bench him after the first period. He did everything he could to lose us the game with his lack of effort.

He shies away from contact - I have seen him stop pursuing a puck he was closest to because he thought he would get hit.

Now, if he consistently put up 100 points each season, some of this could be forgiven. But, he has never even averaged a point a game over a full season.

Yes, he makes some nice passes and stickhandles through guys once in a while but, there is a significant downside to Hemsky. It all comes down to attitude. On the ice he appears to be a selfish player and until he changes his attitude, he will not become an elite player.

You guys say that Cammalleri's a winner. I'll take his attitude over Hemsky's in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Ogopogo*: 12-05-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
As I recall, the reports that Souray wants to be on the west coast have now been debunked.
Yep. He will go to the highest bidder, and if that happens to be a west coast team, so be it. He is reportedly seeking Redden type of money, and if somebody is willing to pay him that, they will officially have the most overpaid player in hockey.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Zaddik

Send a message via MSN to Zaddik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel View Post
Dont forget shut down Center Marc Chouinard.
hahaha i like that.

Zaddik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 03:46 PM
jcoldwell

Hemsky is one of the bright young stars of the NHL, but I do believe he is #1 with the most frustrating young player to watch in the NHL.

I would do Hemsky/Torres/Anaheim's 1st in 07 for Frolov/Cammalleri?????

jcoldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 03:47 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Yep. He will go to the highest bidder, and if that happens to be a west coast team, so be it. He is reportedly seeking Redden type of money, and if somebody is willing to pay him that, they will officially have the most overpaid player in hockey.
You'd have to be insane to pay Souray that much...

...I wish him well on the Island.

Old
12-05-2006, 03:51 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoldwell View Post
Hemsky is one of the bright young stars of the NHL, but I do believe he is #1 with the most frustrating young player to watch in the NHL.

I would do Hemsky/Torres/Anaheim's 1st in 07 for Frolov/Cammalleri?????
You ain't gettin Frolov.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Riposte!

No way no how do I want Ales Hemsky on the Kings. He's a skilled player with not a lot of grit or heart.

You want the definition of a perimeter player? Ales Hemsky

What he gets you in highlight goals, he takes away with, as the poster above said, selfish plays and a lack of drive.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote