HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Offers for Cammalleri

Old
12-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Bryzga lol*

vCash: 500
I know most hab fans would think i'm crazy, but I'd offer:

Sourray+a good prospect (Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Grabovski)+a pick

for Cammalleri alone.

That might not even be enough. I'd make that pick a first rounder if that's what it takes.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 04:36 PM
TheGreatone94

Some of you posters make me laugh. I wouldn't do Hemsky for Cammeleri and first. Cammeleri will be a good player, but not great. He isn't a gamebreaker, something Hemsky is. He is 23 years old and already has a 77 point season under his belt. Some of you need to give your head a shake.

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Rob Stauber*

As a Kings fan, I'm pretty impressed with these proposals. Not that I don't think Cammalleri is a good player but I thought he would be underrated by most fans of other teams.

Rob Stauber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Bryzga lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatone94 View Post
Some of you posters make me laugh. I wouldn't do Hemsky for Cammeleri and first. Cammeleri will be a good player, but not great. He isn't a gamebreaker, something Hemsky is. He is 23 years old and already has a 77 point season under his belt. Some of you need to give your head a shake.
wow

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Venom_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Laughable? Really? Did you see the Demitra trade at the draft coming? I sure as hell didn't...

Cammalleri will hit UFA status in two more seasons which coincides with the end of Cloutier's contract. Do you honestly think the Kings are going to be legitimate Stanley Cup contenders in the next 2-seasons with Cloutier in net? My guess is the top-end of the Cloutier era will be the "black-hole" Lombardi talked about when he took over...

Cammalleri's competitive nature leads me to believe that winning the Stanley Cup is more important to him than the SoCal lifestyle...

Trading for him at this year's deadline would give the receiving team his services in the playoffs AND for two full seasons at RFA status. Hell, they could flip him again to recoup some investment. I think that adds even more value to a deal for him. Maybe he'll be moved next season if not this one. Maybe the Kings can lock him up long term, but I doubt that...

I don't see the Kings as a legitimate contender in the near future (3yrs anyway) and if they can get a solid return for Cammalleri, I think they'd go for it...

I'm not one of the five that thinks he's money hungry...
Yes....laughable. Why trade a young guy who will be a 40 goal scorer in the near future? Demitra vs. Cammalleri is a ridiculous comparison. One is an injury-prone, over-the-hill, overpaid veteran with no heart, and the other is a hungry kid with a deadly shot and a nose for offence.

If you are saying that NO ONE is untouchable, well I agree...but read my original post. I said that Cammy COULD be moved in the right circumstances.

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Pinkfloyd

Let's be serious. Cammalleri isn't going anywhere unless he holds out this offseason. It won't happen anytime this season so this is a pointless discussion in terms of impact on this season. Sorry Habs fans...

Being an RFA, Cammalleri doesn't have many options other than signing a 3 year deal and then going UFA or making a stink in the offseason and getting dealt. This wouldn't surprise me if he did hold out simply because of Lombardi's history...Evgeni Nabokov, Mike Rathje, and Brad Stuart all held out on him. None of them got dealt though so I don't see it happening here either but if he did...

I would assume that if Cammalleri is to be dealt, a team might have to take Cloutier with him. A goalie swap, a high pick(2nd maybe), and a good prospect. Potentially to Colorado for Theodore, Stoa, and a 2nd or 3rd? Sounds good to me but I know I'll get flamed anyway...just speculation but it makes for good discussion.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 05:10 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
If you are saying that NO ONE is untouchable, well I agree...but read my original post. I said that Cammy COULD be moved in the right circumstances.
No one is untouchable.

My point on the Demitra trade was that it pretty much came out of no where. Lombardi was able to get the Wild's #1 prospect and their first round pick that he turned into Lewis for an injury-prone, over-the-hill, overpaid veteran with no heart. Imagine what he might be able to pry out of another GM for a hungry kid with a deadly shot and a nose for offence who will be a 40 goal scorer in the near future...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 05:21 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
that whole 40 goal thing is a bit of a Hail Mary!

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
I know most hab fans would think i'm crazy, but I'd offer:

Sourray+a good prospect (Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Grabovski)+a pick

for Cammalleri alone.

That might not even be enough. I'd make that pick a first rounder if that's what it takes.
I would do that.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
that whole 40 goal thing is a bit of a Hail Mary!
Yep. 30 goals, sure. 35, is a possibility. 40 in a career year, but I don't see him ever hitting more than that.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 08:01 PM
TheGreatone94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
wow
Care to elaborate? As a 22 year old Hemsky almost hit a PPG. Last year, Cammy had 55 points. I see him more to a comparable to a guy like Joffrey Lupul. Cammy will not be the kind of superstar Hemsky will be, but he will be a good player.

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 08:14 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Being an RFA, Cammalleri doesn't have many options other than signing a 3 year deal and then going UFA.
He'll be UFA two seasons after this one. I doubt he'd sign a 3-yr deal, thus giving-up a year of free-agency, with a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 3-years straight and doesn't appear to be headed to them again this season.

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Let's be serious. Cammalleri isn't going anywhere unless he holds out this offseason. It won't happen anytime this season so this is a pointless discussion in terms of impact on this season. Sorry Habs fans...

Being an RFA, Cammalleri doesn't have many options other than signing a 3 year deal and then going UFA or making a stink in the offseason and getting dealt. This wouldn't surprise me if he did hold out simply because of Lombardi's history...Evgeni Nabokov, Mike Rathje, and Brad Stuart all held out on him. None of them got dealt though so I don't see it happening here either but if he did...

I would assume that if Cammalleri is to be dealt, a team might have to take Cloutier with him. A goalie swap, a high pick(2nd maybe), and a good prospect. Potentially to Colorado for Theodore, Stoa, and a 2nd or 3rd? Sounds good to me but I know I'll get flamed anyway...just speculation but it makes for good discussion.
Theodore sports one of the worst contracts in the league as well as being in the bottom half of goaltenders. Why would the Kings even consider trading an up and comer like Cammalleri for that?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Theodore sports one of the worst contracts in the league as well as being in the bottom half of goaltenders. Why would the Kings even consider trading an up and comer like Cammalleri for that?
Simple...you'd get rid of Cloutier and his remaining two years following this year and only have to put up with Theodore for one. This is also under the assumption that he's holding out which means that there isn't a lot of wiggle room.

Cammalleri for a good prospect and a high pick isn't bad considering the Kings direction. Cloutier has two more and Theodore has one. I don't think this will happen as Lombardi normally gets his people signed even when there are squabbles but if it went down this road, this wouldn't be a bad trade.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Care to elaborate? As a 22 year old Hemsky almost hit a PPG. Last year, Cammy had 55 points. I see him more to a comparable to a guy like Joffrey Lupul. Cammy will not be the kind of superstar Hemsky will be, but he will be a good player.
Hemsky is not a superstar either. I think Cammy & Lupul are different kinds of snipers. Cammalleri can create his own shot consistently. Lupul needs a playmaker.

Rob Stauber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Michigan Wolverine

Quote:
Hemsky's 19-58-77 really doesn't look that much better to me than Cammy's 26-29-55.

And it looks like Hemsky's headed for a 13-44-57 right now on a good Oilers team while Cammy's headed for a 28-40-68 on a craptacular Kings team.

If Hemsky were much younger, I'd maybe buy into his potential vaulting him over Cammy, but since they're only a year apart in age, and given what I've read about Hemsky's style, and noting the steady improvement in Cammalleri's performance (on and off the stat sheet), I'd rather have Cammalleri.

Michigan Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 07:04 PM
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Isn't that the type of player Lombardi wants to bring to the Kings? Why would they give up on a young up-and-comer who is going to be a special player? Demitra is injury-prone and in his 30s and one of the highest paid players on the Kings. I wouldn't compare Cammalleri's situation with Demitra. And two seasons is more than enough time to get him locked up long-term.

He's 24 years old and getting better; how much younger is the team going to get?

This thread is so fricking lame. Kings fans always wanna' give away all their talent and shoot for twenty year rebuilds. Top teams in this league always stick with their core and never move them. They just move deadweight to teams like us and laugh for the next four years.
Hemsky for Cammy is another lame joke. If you put Cammy in Hemsky's spot see what would happen.
The Kings need to build around Kopitar, Frolov, Cammy, Brown, Visnovsky, and Johnson. The rest can get ****ed.
Enough of the "give to get" BS also. Boston already wants to off the three players in that horrific SJ deal. It never goes the way posters here think it's going to go. It's just followed up by 15 pages of posts saying "that's all it took"!

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post

This thread is so fricking lame. Kings fans always wanna' give away all their talent and shoot for twenty year rebuilds. Top teams in this league always stick with their core and never move them. They just move deadweight to teams like us and laugh for the next four years.
Hemsky for Cammy is another lame joke. If you put Cammy in Hemsky's spot see what would happen.
The Kings need to build around Kopitar, Frolov, Cammy, Brown, Visnovsky, and Johnson. The rest can get ****ed.
Enough of the "give to get" BS also. Boston already wants to off the three players in that horrific SJ deal. It never goes the way posters here think it's going to go. It's just followed up by 15 pages of posts saying "that's all it took"!
And then go on to piss and moan about how they should have kept said players and had they kept them the Kings wouldnt be reduilding for the umpteenth time.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
Boston doesn't want to 'off' Stuart or Sturm, they are both integral parts of the team. I'm sure they can find a replacement for Wayne Primeau for next year if they let him go.. But Sturm and Stuart both look like they are going to test the market.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 07:13 PM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
And I think Avery is a good part of the Kings, though he is a pest and has a mouth.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 07:30 PM
MainFlame

Lombardi and a 3rd

MainFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 12:02 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
Top teams in this league always stick with their core and never move them. They just move deadweight to teams like us and laugh for the next four years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
And then go on to piss and moan about how they should have kept said players and had they kept them the Kings wouldnt be reduilding for the umpteenth time.

*Ahem*

December 19, 1995 Dallas Stars Trade Jarome Iginla and Corey Millen to Calgary for Joe Nieuwendyk.

Joe had just turned 29 years old... and not only did he help Dallas win the Stanley Cup three years later, he won the Conn Smythe Trophy.

sometimes you make the deal. ONE of Taylor's kids is bound to be dealt within the next year or so... which one do YOU think it's going to be?

Last edited by wabwat: 12-07-2006 at 12:14 AM.
wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 12:54 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
*Ahem*

December 19, 1995 Dallas Stars Trade Jarome Iginla and Corey Millen to Calgary for Joe Nieuwendyk.

Joe had just turned 29 years old... and not only did he help Dallas win the Stanley Cup three years later, he won the Conn Smythe Trophy.

sometimes you make the deal. ONE of Taylor's kids is bound to be dealt within the next year or so... which one do YOU think it's going to be?
Considering its going to take alot more than one player to turn this into a Cup contender and at that point in time Iginla was 18 yrs old and wasnt an integral part of the Stars team whats the point of your post? Iginla started becoming the type of player he did around the same age as Cammalleri. Not saying Camms is going to become as big as name as Iginla but hes an integral part of the Kings not an 18 yr old draft pick.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:10 AM
Venom_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
No one is untouchable.

My point on the Demitra trade was that it pretty much came out of no where. Lombardi was able to get the Wild's #1 prospect and their first round pick that he turned into Lewis for an injury-prone, over-the-hill, overpaid veteran with no heart. Imagine what he might be able to pry out of another GM for a hungry kid with a deadly shot and a nose for offence who will be a 40 goal scorer in the near future...
I'm thinking he could turn it into a hungry kid with a deadly shot and a nose for offence who will be a 40 goal scorer in the near future... AT BEST.

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:30 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Cammy is my favorite player in the NHL, along with Bouwmeester and Prucha, and I would LOVE to see the Rangers go out and get him somehow. However, I don't think the Kings will trade him. IMO he is one of the most underrated players in the NHL, very under the radar type guy.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote