HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 06/12/06 Montreal @ New Jersey 7:30PM EST RDS

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2006, 09:20 PM
westcoast habsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
how many shots did we have tonight? 10?

That is horrible.

edit:read on the Jersey board it was 19. Not as bad, still we should have more though.
Actually, it was 19. We were out shot 31-19 by N.J. Like we're going to score more than a goal on Brodeur with 19 shots. **** we need to shoot more!!

Old
12-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
We have lots of players who can play that game when they feel like it: Koivu, Ryder, Kovalev, Perezhogin, Begin, and Latendresse are all physical when they're on their game. The problem is, fewer than half of those guys bring it every night.
And that's exactly my point. We don't have enough players that can play like that 'cause they're the kind of players who don't bring it every single night. Lats needs an extra step to be efficient doing this.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:21 PM
madbox

That was fun.

Not even 20 SOG. We've won something like one game out of the last twenty three in NJ, so can't say I'm shocked but it's way old now. And Bouillon, aside from the puck he swept out of the crease holy crap he was hard to watch tonight.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:22 PM
greatlakeshab

Quote:
Originally Posted by zednified View Post
Why can't we play a freewheeling, fun style? We have the tools to do it!
We can, Monday the Boston game was exciting end to end hockey. Tonight it was the Jersey suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukathon bore hockey.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:23 PM
BigTimer*

Take Rivet out back and put him out of his misery. He's finished. Apparently someone flushed what little talent he had, along with his pair of balls, down the toilet in the offseason.

Bouillion was absolute crap. At least one major turnover a period and he's useless infront of the net.

While Sammy might not be doing much, he can't be worse than Kovalev who should get called out by Carbo IMO. If he's playing hurt, put him on IR once Higgins gets back and make Kovy work his way back into the lineup from the 4th line up.

What is Murray still doing here? He doesnt hit anymore, doesn't skate, and makes stupid decisions left right and center. I think it's time for Ferland to get a dozen games in. If that doesn't work, then bring Lapierre in. Murray is bringing Begin down because Steve can't look for the big forechecking hits for fear that he leave Murray with anymore responsibility than looking like a buffoon.

Koivu will get a pass because he was being watched by the #1 checking line in the league but his lack of consistency isn't helping.

We looked like the geriatric Leafs of the early millenium in the last 5-10 minutes.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:25 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Take Rivet out back and put him out of his misery. He's finished. Apparently someone flushed what little talent he had, along with his pair of balls, down the toilet in the offseason.

Bouillion was absolute crap. At least one major turnover a period and he's useless infront of the net.

While Sammy might not be doing much, he can't be worse than Kovalev who should get called out by Carbo IMO. If he's playing hurt, put him on IR once Higgins gets back and make Kovy work his way back into the lineup from the 4th line up.

What is Murray still doing here? He doesnt hit anymore, doesn't skate, and makes stupid decisions left right and center. I think it's time for Ferland to get a dozen games in. If that doesn't work, then bring Lapierre in. Murray is bringing Begin down because Steve can't look for the big forechecking hits for fear that he leave Murray with anymore responsibility than looking like a buffoon.

Koivu will get a pass because he was being watched by the #1 checking line in the league but his lack of consistency isn't helping.

We looked like the geriatric Leafs of the early millenium in the last 5-10 minutes.
Remind me again, did we lose 20-1 or 2-1 in overtime? Your post makes me believe the former but that can't possibly be right...

Old
12-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Russians View Post
The Canadiens will rebound, but they desperately need to find some players who can click with Kovalev and Samsonov.. Plekanec is not the guy, they need a big strong fiery pivot.
Allison's still out there.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:27 PM
nic29+

This is the play by play at my house in the 3rd.

<nic> I wish Montreal would score one more and I'd feel better"
<nic's husband> "I wish New Jersey would score so it could go into OT"

20 seconds later NJ scores

<nic> "I'm gonna ****in hit you"
<nic's husband> "Holly honey you are mean"
<nic> "then you should shut your ****in yap" "Now say Montreal is gonna score again"
<nic's husband> " No, they can score in OT"
<nic> "I'm gonna beat you up if NJ wins"
<nic's son> "If you beat dad up I'll beat you up"

Goes into OT and NJ scores

<nic> "****" *as I kick the couch*
<nic's son> "you scared me mom"

Then I finish my beer and go for a smoke.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Le Maroons

Why do people spell it Sampsonov?

Old
12-06-2006, 09:29 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Remind me again, did we lose 20-1 or 2-1 in overtime? Your post makes me believe the former but that can't possibly be right...
Remind me again, how many games have we won this year by more than one goal not counting ones with empty netters? We're lucky to be where we are and could just as easily be in 10th or 11th spot right now.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:30 PM
lennywebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennywebster View Post
42 millions $ salary

No Center
No physical player
No Elite defenseman
No 40 Goal Scorer
No player in the TOP50 scoring leaders since 5+ years

where the h*ll is that money?

Old
12-06-2006, 09:31 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Remind me again, how many games have we won this year by more than one goal not counting ones with empty netters? We're lucky to be where we are and could just as easily be in 10th or 11th spot right now.
I don't care if we win by one goal in every game for the rest of the year, so long as we win.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
That was fun.

Not even 20 SOG. We've won something like one game out of the last twenty three in NJ, so can't say I'm shocked but it's way old now. And Bouillon, aside from the puck he swept out of the crease holy crap he was hard to watch tonight.
Didn't watch the whole game because the Hamilton Bulldogs game was on sportsnerts but everytime i was looking on RDS it was Bouillon giving the puck up or trying to pokecheck but missing by a mile everytime, i'm sure he had a big hit at some point trough.

I'm glad Abby had a good outing, was he good today?

Old
12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
DieHardHabs

ribiero jus scored his 6th goal... he has more goals then niinimia has good plays ..and more goals then pleks has good shots... dumb move trading him.... ****in ********... i liked his performance in the playoffs with kovalev last yr ..

Old
BigTimer*

Quote:
I don't care if we win by one goal in every game for the rest of the year, so long as we win.
Well you should care because a team like that has no killer instinct and isn't going anywhere fast.

Old
westcoast habsfan

Quote:

No kidding. You stop Koivu, you don't give us powerplays and you stop this team. The third line is excellent game in and game out but we aren't going to the play-offs without more. Check the standings guys. Teams like Ott. Wash. Bost. NJ are gaining fast. I don't go care what our record is. Our only hope is that we hang on until Higgins comes back and he gives us a more consistent first line with Koivu. He was a force in every game before he was injured and we need him. Lats or Ryder can move down in the line-up when he gets back in, hopefully, providing further depth.

Goaltending is saving our butt this season. Let's not kid ourselves about that.

Let's all pray that Markov plays tomorrow night. He usually plays about 24 strong minutes a night and we need him.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
terreur

I can't believe they talked about Rory during the intermission on RDS lol.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
MathMan

Quote:
No Center
I heard a rumor that Saku Koivu plays center.

Quote:
No physical player
You're kidding? Begin is a perennial top-10 hitter, Komisarek is right behind him, and that's just the top two. The Habs frequently outhit their opponents.

Quote:
No Elite defenseman
I don't see how Markov doesn't fit in that category, and Souray is likely to be an All-Star this year (even though Markov is better).

Quote:
No 40 Goal Scorer
So? Higgins was on pace, but why does it matter? You just need one more than the other guys.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic29+ View Post

Goes into OT and NJ scores

<nic> "****" *as I kick the couch*
<nic's son> "you scared me mom"
Devils game are rough on you , must be the lack of action.

Don't scare the kid

Old
12-06-2006, 09:37 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Well you should care because a team like that has no killer instinct and isn't going anywhere fast.
I was just waiting for posts like these to come around as soon as we lost two straight.

Hell the fact that it took us 27 games to lose two straight (and we still managed to get a point) should tell you something about the character of this team, but some people would just rather wallow in negativity.

Obviously we have things we need to improve upon but geez, take it easy with the drama.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Hell the fact that it took us 27 games to lose two straight should tell you something about the character of this team, but some people would just rather wallow in negativity.
What character? This team gets its butt saved by the goaltender almost every game. The goaltenders are the only reason this team has a good record. It might say something about the character of the goaltenders, but not the character of the team.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardHabs View Post
ribiero jus scored his 6th goal... ... i liked his performance in the playoffs with kovalev last yr ..
Are you serious?

Old
12-06-2006, 09:39 PM
MathMan

Meanwhile the Sens lost to Washington and so the Habs gain one point over their closest divisional opponent... but judging from this board you'd think it was the Habs that got hammered 6-2...

Old
nic29+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Devils game are rough on you , must be the lack of action.

Don't scare the kid
I don't know but I was mad and the tone of my voice when I yelled the F word is what probably scared him.

Old
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Meanwhile the Sens lost to Washington and so the Habs gain one point over their closest divisional opponent... but judging from this board you'd think it was the Habs that got hammered 6-2...
The Habs played a bad game. Aebischer saved the day. Again, goaltending saves the day. It's always the same thing. The team plays a poor game, but the goaltender plays good enough for us to go into overtime.

How many times have we gone to overtime anyway? It's getting ridiculous.

Closed Thread