HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS is making a big deal out of Brodeur's quote

Old
12-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Pascal

vCash: 500
RDS is making a big deal out of Brodeur's quote

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/218747.html

Once again RDS tries to dramatize things.. It's as if Brodeur is a traitor or something because MTL wouldn't be his first choice. Well, who can blame him really?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Phousse

When you post French articles, could you be kind enough to translate the important parts in English? Not all of us can speak French.

Phousse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Pascal

Well basically Brodeur was interviewed by RDS in a casual setting (his home), and one of the questions was "If you weren't playing with the NJD, which city would you prefer to play?".. and he said Philly, Boston and Dallas. So it's a big deal he didn't say Mtl like they expected him to say, as a good quebecer "should".

Old
12-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Well basically Brodeur was interviewed by RDS in a casual setting (his home), and one of the questions was "If you weren't playing with the NJD, which city would you prefer to play?".. and he said Philly, Boston and Dallas. So it's a big deal he didn't say Mtl like they expected him to say, as a good quebecer "should".
well, he also explained why he wouldn't want to come to Montreal but yeah... I think it's a good thing, maybe some more fans will understand that it's far from being everyone who wants to play in Montreal...

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/218747.html

Once again RDS tries to dramatize things.. It's as if Brodeur is a traitor or something because MTL wouldn't be his first choice. Well, who can blame him really?
everytime a player is telling us this lame excuse, this is only making me laugh....

Just take a look at Brett Favre, everyone knows him in Green Bay, same thing for Payton Manning in Indiniapolis, Tom Brady in New-England etc....those guys are superstar, everyone know them , praise them or blame them for what happen to their team. This is the role of a superstar in a major sport.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I saw the actual interview, and the mood of it was casual and joking. Brodeur said his objective is to finish his career with the Devils, and I'm sure he will do it. If the media decides to play it up, I hope people are smarter than to simply take what they say at face value, and realize that the odds of Brodeur leaving the Devils is slim to none.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I saw the actual interview, and the mood of it was casual and joking. Brodeur said his objective is to finish his career with the Devils, and I'm sure he will do it. If the media decides to play it up, I hope people are smarter than to simply take what they say at face value, and realize that the odds of Brodeur leaving the Devils is slim to none.
Enjoying your shirts?

And yeah, it's not like Brodeur will ever leave Jersey...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
everytime a player is telling us this lame excuse, this is only making me laugh....

Just take a look at Brett Favre, everyone knows him in Green Bay, same thing for Payton Manning in Indiniapolis, Tom Brady in New-England etc....those guys are superstar, everyone know them , praise them or blame them for what happen to their team. This is the role of a superstar in a major sport.
How is it a lame excuse.. not everyone wants to get stalked by journalists and pointed fingers at when the team loses..

Old
12-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Penalty Killer

Brodeur in Boston? Stay in NJ, Marty, stay in NJ.

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
How is it a lame excuse.. not everyone wants to get stalked by journalists and pointed fingers at when the team loses..
Well then they can always go play in the NAHL...

A superstar will always get those kind of reaction in a major sport (except when you are playing in a small market). Could you see Derek Jeter saying ''I don't want to play in NY anymore, I can't stand the pressure'' ? A guy like Johnny Damon decide to take the pressure (and a raise of salary) and came to play for the NY Yankees, even if everyone in NY will recognize him.

Old
12-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Enjoying your shirts?

And yeah, it's not like Brodeur will ever leave Jersey...
Yeah man thanks. I actually got them for a friend, who posts on here too. I wanted a Plekanec shirt!! Maybe next time im in Montreal they'll have them.

Your help was definitely appreciated though, and I'll never forget it!

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Unthinkable

Devils fan here. Couple of years ago, Marty was quoted as saying he'd love to play for the Canadiens someday before he retires. Mentioned how incredible it would be to have so many loud fans cheering on the team and it being a boyhood dream of his fwiw. He had some quotes in his new book over how discouraged he was to see Scott Niedermayer not play for his Country as well. You know he'd enjoy representing Canada for 82 games a year beyond the olympics.

Unthinkable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:47 PM
JackieChan

I totally understand Marty's point of view, and that is why I'll do my best to avoid TV's around 11 tonight to make sure my ears aren't damaged by what nonsense could be said about the whole non-story.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 11:29 PM
ari1160

one of the reason y martyyy dont wana play for montreal... cuzz we habs fans are too hard with the goalies, and guys its true we are.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Penalty Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari1160 View Post
one of the reason y martyyy dont wana play for montreal... cuzz we habs fans are too hard with the goalies, and guys its true we are.
Brodeur wouldn't give us a reason to be hard on him.

On second thought, you'd think the same could be said of Roy. Never mind.

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 12:32 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari1160 View Post
Sure we are extremely hard on Huet and Aebischer

Theo was sloppy since late 2003 and we start booing him in early 2006. Plus, I am sure that a few of you guys knows a few stories about Theo ''out of the ice''. I think a few of us got tired of Theo on and off the ice. Just read the AVs message boards, his fan club is not really big at the moment...

Old
12-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable View Post
Devils fan here. Couple of years ago, Marty was quoted as saying he'd love to play for the Canadiens someday before he retires. Mentioned how incredible it would be to have so many loud fans cheering on the team and it being a boyhood dream of his fwiw. He had some quotes in his new book over how discouraged he was to see Scott Niedermayer not play for his Country as well. You know he'd enjoy representing Canada for 82 games a year beyond the olympics.
I think that was before the media ran stories about him and his ex-wife. Class and good judgement are hardly qualities of the hockey-crazed pulpits of Montreal.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote