HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Isbister

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2003, 07:36 AM
coyote

vCash: 500
Isbister

I still say we are paying too much for what he is doing. It's the same as last year with Oilers and the Islanders, he shows up for one game and dissappears for next couple. It's not like he isn't getting quality ice time because he is. He is also getting PP time and not showing too much. I would trade him while he has some value. We have some players down in Toronto who could fill his spot. Like I said before, he's not a bad player but he is not worth 2 mill.

Old
11-29-2003, 08:00 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
I still say we are paying too much for what he is doing. It's the same as last year with Oilers and the Islanders, he shows up for one game and dissappears for next couple. It's not like he isn't getting quality ice time because he is. He is also getting PP time and not showing too much. I would trade him while he has some value. We have some players down in Toronto who could fill his spot. Like I said before, he's not a bad player but he is not worth 2 mill.
He seems pretty inconsistant.

Old
11-29-2003, 08:03 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Understatement of the year. Runners up:

'Adam Oates is good as passing the puck'

'Ryan Smyth is gritty'

'Craig MacTavish is an idiot!'

Old
11-29-2003, 01:37 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

for having such a big body he certainly refuses to use it to his advantage. man oh man such a lack of emotion and desire, at this point i would agree he is a disappointment. understatement of the year, yeah i would agree but then again the same things have been said about isbister for quite some time now. oh well.

Old
11-29-2003, 01:56 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Yet lately he is accomplishing 100 times more than Smyth has been. If you guys think Isbister is over paid than what would we consider Smytty?

Last edited by Walsher: 11-29-2003 at 07:48 PM.
Old
11-29-2003, 02:54 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
for having such a big body he certainly refuses to use it to his advantage. man oh man such a lack of emotion and desire, at this point i would agree he is a disappointment. understatement of the year, yeah i would agree but then again the same things have been said about isbister for quite some time now. oh well.
I haven't seen a whole lot of refusal the last half dozen or eight games he played. The only games he really stunk in, so did the whole rest of the team. I've seen him driving hard to the net, using his speed and size to move the D out of his way. Not sure what games you've been watching. I'll grant you that he's not as consistent as he could be, and I'll believe he's really arrived if he can do this for the rest of the year, but he's been playing pretty well. Whether his play so far this year has been worth 2 mil, I don't know, but he hasn't been bad.

Old
11-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
I haven't seen a whole lot of refusal the last half dozen or eight games he played. The only games he really stunk in, so did the whole rest of the team. I've seen him driving hard to the net, using his speed and size to move the D out of his way. Not sure what games you've been watching. I'll grant you that he's not as consistent as he could be, and I'll believe he's really arrived if he can do this for the rest of the year, but he's been playing pretty well. Whether his play so far this year has been worth 2 mil, I don't know, but he hasn't been bad.
agreed

ever since MacT took him out of the calgary game a month ago Izzy been the player the oilers were hoping for but that Chara hit didn't help thou

Old
11-29-2003, 03:27 PM
Dangerdanger

Yes I agree, I think he's been playing pretty well, no problems in my mind. Who cares how much money he makes, we dont have to worry about finances anyways, let kevin lowe do that.

Old
11-29-2003, 03:43 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Understatement of the year. Runners up:

'Adam Oates is good as passing the puck'

'Ryan Smyth is gritty'

'Craig MacTavish is an idiot!'
You forgot:

'Mizral has no life'

Old
11-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
You forgot:

'Mizral has no life'
isn't that the same for at least half of us

Old
11-30-2003, 09:34 AM
Axis

I'd really like to see MacT give him a chance to play with Oates and Smyth once Oates gets up to speed. I think it could make for a very productive line. Smyth and Izzy did have some chemistry going in training camp. Also, I would just like to see Izzy on the right wing to see how he would do on the right side instead of the left.

Old
11-30-2003, 10:22 AM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis
I'd really like to see MacT give him a chance to play with Oates and Smyth once Oates gets up to speed. I think it could make for a very productive line. Smyth and Izzy did have some chemistry going in training camp. Also, I would just like to see Izzy on the right wing to see how he would do on the right side instead of the left.
How many chances do we give him. He has played with almost everyone with the same result. Lets trade him and get on with it.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
How many chances do we give him. He has played with almost everyone with the same result. Lets trade him and get on with it.
Blech. What games have you been watching? Every time he starts getting on a roll, he gets hit by bad luck. At the start of the season, he got hit in the mouth(?) and then he comes back, starts playing strong again and then the Chara hit. The person you should be looking for was the dummy who sent him that suicide pass which Chara lined him up. I'm content with what I see from Izzy. He's been playing better lately.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Blech. What games have you been watching? Every time he starts getting on a roll, he gets hit by bad luck. At the start of the season, he got hit in the mouth(?) and then he comes back, starts playing strong again and then the Chara hit. The person you should be looking for was the dummy who sent him that suicide pass which Chara lined him up. I'm content with what I see from Izzy. He's been playing better lately.
Agreed.

Closed Thread