HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The all-purpose Radulov thread(questions? comments? it goes here)

Old
11-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Radulov with another huge game (1g-5A)

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1002409

So I guess he had to up his 5 point performance pre-callup with a 6 point performance post-callup. If he keeps this up, he will be in Nashville come Christmas time.

Total stats: 7 games played, 4 goals, 12 assists for 16 points...

WOW!

11-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

oh wow ... nicely done by Radulov ... who do we ship out when he's ready? ... keep in mind he plays RW ... doesn't Erat play RW ? ... because Sully isn't leaving until his contract is finished

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 04:59 PM
AdsSabresRule

That WAS awesome...

I posted the Ads press release in the Ads forum...
I am SO glad he is back...but for how long?
Out.

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 05:30 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
oh wow ... nicely done by Radulov ... who do we ship out when he's ready? ... keep in mind he plays RW ... doesn't Erat play RW ? ... because Sully isn't leaving until his contract is finished

Right Wings
NUM NAME AGE HT WT SHOT BORN* BIRTHDATE
71 J.P. Dumont 28 6-1 203 L Montreal, Quebec 4/1/78
17 Scott Hartnell 24 6-2 205 L Regina, Saskatchewan 4/18/82
26 Steve Sullivan 32 5-8 155 R Timmins, Ontario 7/6/74
22 Jordin Tootoo 23 5-9 195 R Churchill, Manitoba 2/2/83
7 Scottie Upshall 23 6-0 187 L Fort McMurray, Alberta 10/7/83

just by looking at it i would say barring injury that toots is the one that gets send down. hopefully he would clear waivers. but i think realistically that rads will be the first call up when any of our fowards get put on IR. that way trotz can ease him into the game rather than throwing him to the wolves. get him used to the speed and working with the big club. and you can send him back w/o worrying about waivers, unlike everyone else. kinda like the temp forward we can bounce back and forth as needed. besides rads strength is scoring and that really hasn't been a need for the preds this season. it is puck control and defense. in 15 games the vokoun and mason have faced 482 SOG = 32 SOG/game while the preds have taken 444 SOG. granted the preds like to pass and look for the perfect goal, but still getting outshot is never a good thing. and it is not like we have been facing the best offensive teams in the NHL.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Testify

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 06:37 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Funny that you guys are impressed with him
I live in Québec and I saw him all last season in his junior team and he had alot of 3g+ games hes just too talented... Hope he'll turn into a big star in Nashville.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I'm interested in seeing him play, and the Preds and Jackets play three times over a span of a week, I hope I get to.

Out of your list of RWs, I guess Tootoo would have to clear waivers and go down to the AHL (I think he'll get claimed, though) and maybe trade Upshall for an older defenseman to help shore up that young blueline?

Having too many people to play is a good problem to have.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 08:28 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 6000
when he comes back he has to be put on a line with someone who is going to set him up. I love Hartnell, but he is not that man.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
when he comes back he has to be put on a line with someone who is going to set him up. I love Hartnell, but he is not that man.
I'd ideally love to see Radu on a line with Kariya and Arnott. However, judging by what trotz said when Radu was sent down my guess is he's going to have to keep up a 2-4 points per game pace to really make management take notice.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 01:44 PM
NashisCash

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
I'd ideally love to see Radu on a line with Kariya and Arnott. However, judging by what trotz said when Radu was sent down my guess is he's going to have to keep up a 2-4 points per game pace to really make management take notice.
It's better for him to stay in the AHL all year than to get 8 minutes a game in the NHL. Trotz set him up to fail and he didn't do all that badly.

NashisCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 02:06 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashisCash View Post
It's better for him to stay in the AHL all year than to get 8 minutes a game in the NHL. Trotz set him up to fail and he didn't do all that badly.
Oh I agree, but I'm just saying we should make a trade to clear room for Radu possibly. He's definitely making a case for himself.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 05:27 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
Oh I agree, but I'm just saying we should make a trade to clear room for Radu possibly. He's definitely making a case for himself.
But our top wingers are doing great: Kariya, Erat, Sullivan, Hartnell. Radulov could potentially be better than Dumont or Upshall, but he still won't be getting scoringline time.

I say just wait until the inevitable injury occurs to call him up. No reason to trade one of our top 4 or 5 wingers who are producing big time. Hartnell would be the only possibility, IMO, depending on the likelihood of him leaving after this season.

I think his sitation is being handled well. We are just stacked with good wingers right now. It was good to give him a taste of the NHL. He now knows more of what it takes, and he can play with more purpose in Milwaukee right now. I think we are helping his development, not hurting it. I'm sure we'll see an injury at some point to one of our key wingers, and he'll be the first one here.

Last edited by dulzhok: 11-15-2006 at 05:35 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 05:37 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
But our top wingers are doing great: Kariya, Erat, Sullivan, Hartnell. Radulov could potentially be better than Dumont or Upshall, but he still won't be getting scoringline time.

I say just wait until the inevitable injury occurs to call him up. No reason to trade one of our top 4 or 5 wingers who are producing big time. Hartnell would be the only possibility, IMO, depending on the likelihood of him leaving after this season.

I think his sitation is being handled well. We are just stacked with good wingers right now. It was good to give him a taste of the NHL. He now knows more of what it takes, and he can play with more purpose in Milwaukee right now. I think we are helping his development, not hurting it. I'm sure we'll see an injury at some point to one of our key wingers, and he'll be the first one here.
couldn't agree more

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 06:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Actually of all our wingers that I think would be easy replaced it would have to be Dumont.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Actually of all our wingers that I think would be easy replaced it would have to be Dumont.
I agree. Nothing against him, but he isn't too special.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Exactly.

Not that I want him gone, I just think Radulov would be an upgrade over him next season.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Exactly.

Not that I want him gone, I just think Radulov would be an upgrade over him next season.
nice fumble job by Dumont to close out that last power play

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 07:51 PM
dulzhok

I never really understood the Dumont signing (from both sides). He knew he wasn't going to get great ice-time. We knew we were stacked at wingers. It was a great depth signing, and a reasonable price, but with all our wingers healthy and producing, it definitely seems unneeded.

But, we can't trade a UFA who signed with us. Terrible PR for attracting future free agents. Also, his value probably isn't that great.

Last, if we lose Kariya and Hartnell this offseason, it will be nice to have Dumont around.

I say we stroll along as is, unless 1) something goes terrible wrong, 2) a good deal for a veteran D man comes along, or 3) a good deal for a young center comes along (Carter, Richards, etc).

Last edited by dulzhok: 11-15-2006 at 08:01 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 08:51 PM
braindead

I'll have to disagree. I think Dumont has done a lot of little things much better than I expected and has shown some great individual effort. Where he currently is lacking to me is in displaying chemistry with anyone. I think part of it could be due to Sully and Vasicek being out, which shuffled around the lines some. I think J.P. and Sully could be a great tandem given time. It may be after Christmas time but I remain fairly confident that he will gel and be a real find.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 03:59 PM
DetectiveMosely

you guys have watched dumont play, right? hes always doing something something slick, and i think when he gets enough time with his teammates he'll turn into a real threat.

trotz needs to realize that some players need to be on the same line with the same people to really get some chemistry. it may take dumont a little longer with all the shifting lines.

DetectiveMosely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 04:55 PM
AdsSabresRule

Radulov/Dumont...

I am totally biased, being from Buffalo, living in Milwaukee, and seeing all the Sabres/Admirals games for the last few years...
J.P. is good. Believe me. Regier in Buffalo was in a tight spot. How could he sign Afinigenov, Briere, and Dumot in the same year (and they have Pominville, Roy, and Vanek at dirt cheap salary on the roster as well?) He coulden't. So, a pickup like this, in 'management circles' for the Preds was a coups. Believe me. You guys are very, very deep at forward. But, Dumont is more than just a 'depth' pick. He is a legitimate great player. The chemistry will come down the stretch when Trotz sees a lot more hockey from different combinations....
As for Radulov, as I have said in the Ads forum, He should stay in the American league to develop. The kid is a man playing with boys down here. To see him hold on to that puck seemingly forever to set up a linemate is something else. He feels like he owns the ice, and wants to be out there the whole game. The problem with bringing him up to the NHL soon is just as much psychological as physical/maturity. Every player in the league is scouted heavily, and everything from positioning, shot selection, skating all the way to attitude and 'heart' is collected. People will try to get into Radulov's head. And, they will. Hence, even when he was up there, the coaches didn't give him too much ice time, hence no huge mistakes in 'meaningful' situations. Let him 'run the table' here, so that he has so much more confidence playing with the big boys at your level. It will mitigate the mind games and everything else that goes on the ice in the NHL...
IMHO.
Oh, I have my own opinions about 'who to trade' to get Radulov up there for good...But, I won't get into it as you guys follow 'your guys' a lot harder than I do...but, I will say I don't get the fascination with Upshall, and I think he is the best trade bait you have, looking at the cap, and his youth/upside, vs. some of your other forwards and their particular 'value' as role players on the Preds...
Ads at Omaha at 8. Catch it on B2!

Last edited by AdsSabresRule: 11-17-2006 at 05:04 PM. Reason: We play Omaha, not Iowa!
Old
11-17-2006, 05:19 PM
AdsSabresRule

Quote from Sergei Zubov in Russian Hockey Digest...

What is your opinion about Russian youngsters – Malkin, Ovechkin?..

S. Zubov: They will have great future. Also, I would count Ilya Kovalchuk as well. These guys have a huge reserve in individual and team play. I’d like to say a couple of extra words about Malkin. He showed fantastic debut in the NHL, and his potential is greater than Ovechkin, Kovalchuk and Crosby all together!

Interesting, as we are talking of Radulov, to think of how in the last 3 - 5 seasons, the way in which Russian players are becoming so prominent in the NHL. Although, in an interview with Kogorodov - the kid that Ottawa sent to Binghampton a month ago (so he just went back to Mettalurg in the Russian Super League, refusing assignment to the minors) - he said that he thought the NHL was 'not that much better' than the RSL...

Old
11-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

So far Radulov has 6 goals 12 assists in 9 games A 2 point per game average.

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 05:33 PM
AdsSabresRule

Radulov RECALLED by Preds...11 21 06

Have fun with him - perhaps he'll get some more ice time this time!

Old
11-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Testify

any club why?? beside Upshall injury??

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote