HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The all-purpose Radulov thread(questions? comments? it goes here)

Old
11-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Testify

vCash: 500
NHL.com on Radulov

Some good comments from radu as well as Trotz.

Enjoy

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...ticleid=284053

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Jarnberg

Some interesting quotes by Trotz in that thread. It sounds almost like he may stay with us the rest of the year

I really like his enthusiasm. You can tell that guy loves to play the game.

Radulov's stats so far:

10 games played, 5 goals, 1 assist, +4.

He's only had 11 shots on goal thus far and is averaging 8:45 of ice time a game.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:01 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger View Post

I really like his enthusiasm. You can tell that guy loves to play the game.

Radulov's stats so far:

10 games played, 5 goals, 1 assist, +4.

He's only had 11 shots on goal thus far and is averaging 8:45 of ice time a game.
1) I love the hate some were giving us/Radu at the start of the season, saying he'd continue his cocky, skate in front of the opponents bench attitude in the NHL. Has he? Yeah he's got lots of enthusiasm but ****, 5 goals on 11 shots? Cmon, the kid has the skills to back up his enthusiasm and love for the game.

2) And speaking of that, 5 goals on 11 shots with the ice time he's getting. Is that for real? I mean seriously, someone please, tell me, is it real? I can't see the games, but yeah, 5 goals on 11 shots?

3) Great article.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
1) I love the hate some were giving us/Radu at the start of the season, saying he'd continue his cocky, skate in front of the opponents bench attitude in the NHL. Has he? Yeah he's got lots of enthusiasm but ****, 5 goals on 11 shots? Cmon, the kid has the skills to back up his enthusiasm and love for the game.

2) And speaking of that, 5 goals on 11 shots with the ice time he's getting. Is that for real? I mean seriously, someone please, tell me, is it real? I can't see the games, but yeah, 5 goals on 11 shots?

3) Great article.
At least two of his goals were kind of crap goals (one throwing the puck on net from the boards and it being deflected in), but those are goals that goals scorers get. How many times have we seen good players get goals like that against us?

Old
11-30-2006, 11:48 AM
irisheyes555

Quote:
At least two of his goals were kind of crap goals (one throwing the puck on net from the boards and it being deflected in), but those are goals that goals scorers get. How many times have we seen good players get goals like that against us?

again it's not his offense that is in question, never has been. last night was a microcosm for him; nice moves on the offensive end, ooppsiiii on the defensive end. unless the NHL has instituted the DH rule(which i guess you could do if he played PP only), you need a complete game. wonder if we could could give him some of sullie's quickness, tootoo's tenacity, kariya's passing and weber's D.

as the trotz stated in the article he needs seasoning(and maybe humility). maybe he can get that in the AHL or the NHL. right now the big club needs bodies due to the IR list. i hope he takes the chance to work on the parts of his game that still need improvement and learns from big boys(sounds like he did on his previous call-up). otherwise he will only be a sniper. since we can't really afford to send him back at this time, i wonder if trotz will try and keep him humble by reminding him every goal you score balances with every one you help to give up. if he can round out he could be as nasty as sully on the PK....don't get careless or he will make you pay a shorty.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
again it's not his offense that is in question, never has been. last night was a microcosm for him; nice moves on the offensive end, ooppsiiii on the defensive end. unless the NHL has instituted the DH rule(which i guess you could do if he played PP only), you need a complete game. wonder if we could could give him some of sullie's quickness, tootoo's tenacity, kariya's passing and weber's D.
Where did I say his defensive play is great and that he plays a complete game?

As for his 'ooppsiiii', it wasn't completely his fault. Sure he got caught watching, and perhaps he is in better position to steal that puck, but Smithson chased the play and where was Hartnell?

Old
11-30-2006, 12:38 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Where did I say his defensive play is great and that he plays a complete game?

As for his 'ooppsiiii', it wasn't completely his fault. Sure he got caught watching, and perhaps he is in better position to steal that puck, but Smithson chased the play and where was Hartnell?
was agreeing with you that he is a good scorer, just wanted to add he needs work in the other areas. everyone gets so swept up with offense that they forget that defense wins championships. and after all it is everyones responsiblity to take floor check somebody. maybe a seperating the thoughts would have made that more obvious. he doesn't seem to need that much work on scoring and as you stated good guys seem to find a way to light the lamp.

Old
12-04-2006, 08:26 PM
george_rules*

radulov is a fierce competitor but he still needs work to do ie defense like most junior scorers

george_rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Gorgeous George

The all-purpose Radulov thread(questions? comments? it goes here)

Will Radulov be sticking with the Predators for the remainder of the season, or will he be returning to Milwaukee once Arnott returns?

Gorgeous George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 10:19 PM
AdsSabresRule

Radulov...

If the Preds are smart, they would let him 'season' down in Milwaukee...IMHO

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Seeing as how Arnott is going to be out for awhile, and the same could be true for Scottie Upshall....Radulov could be up for at least another month. I suspect he would be sent down if we had a completely healthy lineup, but the chances of that look slim. Tonight we are skating without Legwand, Arnott, and Upshall...

12-08-2006, 12:48 AM
fuzzay

Send a message via MSN to fuzzay
With the way he's helping the team right now, it'll be a crime to send the kid back down for "seasoning". He's looking pretty good right now, even moreso given his lack of minutes. I know we have a lot of depth, but we need to make the room to keep this guy around.

fuzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Radulov for Czar*

While I agree he is tough to send down, I want him playing first line minutes somewhere, instead of 4th line minutes here.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 05:21 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'd start gauging interest in Upshall. Radulov is now second on the team in goal scoring, in about ten games less than anyone else...and we want to send him back down?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 08:08 AM
veronesepk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I'd start gauging interest in Upshall. Radulov is now second on the team in goal scoring, in about ten games less than anyone else...and we want to send him back down?
Agreed - move Upshall for a pick or something once he's healthy. Rads is doing a lot more to help the team and create offense than Upshall ever did.

veronesepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 08:51 AM
LongTooth

vCash: 250
Rads is here to stay! He will not be sent back down.

LongTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Agreed.

Just think if he was moved onto a line with a better center and got some more ice time.

I like Upshall and all, but he's not anywhere near the level of Radulov.

Old
12-08-2006, 01:05 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
It would be a damn shame to see the kid go. What he's done with the time he's been given is pretty amazing. You guys should be super proud of this guy no matter what happens to him this season.

If it were up to me I'd move Upshall and keep Radulov but I don't think I'd do it untill the trade deadline. Putting Radulov back in the AHL for a while might keep him hungry.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
It would be a damn shame to see the kid go. What he's done with the time he's been given is pretty amazing. You guys should be super proud of this guy no matter what happens to him this season.

If it were up to me I'd move Upshall and keep Radulov but I don't think I'd do it untill the trade deadline. Putting Radulov back in the AHL for a while might keep him hungry.
Radulov isn't cutting into Upshall's time ... its more like Kariya/Erat are cutting into Radulov's time ... and I can bet you money with the way Hartnell & Radulov are producing at with the amount of time they're getting you can be assured that Kariya is not on the team next year

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 01:22 PM
irisheyes555

yes he is scoring well, but then again any type of scoring would be good during this stretch.

but i think crispy mentioned it last night, that rads still needs to work on his checking. passing, checking and other intangibles don't always show up on the stat sheet. scoring wins headlines, defense wins championships. maybe more time on the specialty teams would help him round out his game. haven't seen him good down for a block yet.

for now he will stay with the big club as we are shorthanded with injuries. he is the only one we can send back down that doesn't have to clear waivers. which would probably mean someone would claim them and we would be on the hook for half the salary(just ask the ducks). maybe a trade would be in order, but i don't we have to worry about that right now. the sneaky part of all this is that we can yo-yo rads back and forth all year long as we have IR forwards. that way he gets to spend most of the year up with the big club, but not have to worry about waivers. of course that is assuming we are talking forwards. i think we have a few guys that can move to center if needed, but he can't really mind the net or defend it. yes we don't get to have him all year long this way, but then again we basically will have an extra spot on the roster and you know there will be injuries all year long. speaking of that has anyone heard word on sully?

Old
12-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
Radulov isn't cutting into Upshall's time ... its more like Kariya/Erat are cutting into Radulov's time ... and I can bet you money with the way Hartnell & Radulov are producing at with the amount of time they're getting you can be assured that Kariya is not on the team next year
As much as I'm sure you'd like to see Kariya gone, I think it will be his decision, not the Preds. I think we will try to resign him, along with Hartnell. However, I still think Hartnell will chose not to stay.

Old
12-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
As much as I'm sure you'd like to see Kariya gone, I think it will be his decision, not the Preds. I think we will try to resign him, along with Hartnell. However, I still think Hartnell will chose not to stay.
I think you're wrong with the chemistry he and Radulov & Arnott have developed since the first of the year ... If we go deeper into the playoffs this year than we did last year than who would you resign and who would you let go honestly?

Kariya will ask for at least 5 or 5.5 mil ... that's the merc he is ... Hartnell for 3.5-4 mil (possible back to back career years) ... Timonen (don't even get me started on him)

Where is Kariya on this list?

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 12-08-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
if we keep kariya and hartnell walks, i think we'd be making a pretty sizable mistake.

i don't know why you think hartnell wouldn't stay, though. he certainly seems happy...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:42 PM
veronesepk

Quote:
if we keep kariya and hartnell walks, i think we'd be making a pretty sizable mistake.

i don't know why you think hartnell wouldn't stay, though. he certainly seems happy...
I agree - I think Hartnell is a lot closer to staying now than he was 4 months ago.

veronesepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 05:12 PM
nashnaidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronesepk View Post
I agree - I think Hartnell is a lot closer to staying now than he was 4 months ago.
Are you saying that because Hartnell is producing well, because he is getting along better with Trotz, or because he is getting more quality icetime?

nashnaidoo is offline   Reply With Quote