Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

injury update; the return of X

Old
12-08-2006, 09:50 AM
hydromel

vCash: 500
injury update; the return of X

Atlanta Thrashers: Defenceman Garnet Exelby, who has missed the past nine games with mononucleosis, can begin doing light cardiovascular exercises. Exelby might be able to practice with the team by the end of next week... Andy Sutton's surgery to fix a tendon that had torn away from his ankle bone went smoothly. The defenceman can't put any pressure on it right now. - Atlanta Journal-Constitution

It will good to have x back (seems to be on the path of speedy recovery for having mono).

Hopefully we will hear similarly good news in a couple weeks regarding the timeframe for Sutton's return...

hydromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:27 PM
StevenintheATL

It will take some time for XLB to be back at 100%. Mono really takes it out of you. I had it when I was in middle school and even after being over it, I was still fatigued for several weeks afterwards.

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 05:30 PM
kracker1

Larsen out 10 to 14 days per Manasso blog, upper body ailment, so Krog gets his shot looks like

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

December 28th update on Exelby

Quote:
Defenseman Garnet Exelby (mononucleosis) was activated off injured reserve on Wednesday, though he did not return to the Thrashers lineup on the road against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He has been out of the lineup for 18 straight games. Left wing Brad Larsen (upper body) also missed another contest for Atlanta; he's now been missing for eight consecutive games. Meanwhile, veterans Steve Rucchin (hip) and Scott Mellanby (neck) have been placed on IR.
so when does he make his return into the lineup

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:48 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

35 seconds before he commits his first penalty is my guess.

ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Wow now there is a completely unfounded opinion. X has gotten penalty minutes in SIX games this year, that is it.

here is a link.
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...ayerId=8468090

Watch what you say about X. Especially when it is unfounded. And if you ment it as a joke....put something next to so people don't take you seriously.

What next...that the offense will start scoring more when we get our offensive playmaking wiz Rucchin back?

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 09:30 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Wow now there is a completely unfounded opinion. X has gotten penalty minutes in SIX games this year, that is it.

here is a link.

Watch what you say about X. Especially when it is unfounded. And if you ment it as a joke....put something next to so people don't take you seriously.

What next...that the offense will start scoring more when we get our offensive playmaking wiz Rucchin back?
Dear Mrs. Exelby,

Please watch how you use the word opinion. Here is a link.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/opinion

Watch what you say about Rucchin. He's very tempermental and doesn't appreciate sarcastic remarks about his offense.

Now, back to XLB. I'll play your game. Someone asked when he'd be back and my OPINION is 35 seconds before his first penalty. Yes, I think that an emotional kid like X is going to be so excited to get back on ice that 1) he's going to try to lay the big hit and he will be called for an elbow or roughing, or 2) he's going to be a step slow after all that time and illness and he'll be called for holding or hooking.

But most people don't have the attention span to read all that, so I simply cut it short. Choose your emotional smiley below:

PS...it's spelled meant, not ment.

PSS...you shouldn't take anything from a forums board seriously. It'll lead to way too much stress.

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 12-29-2006 at 12:42 PM. Reason: fear of being taken seriously.
Old
12-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Dear Mrs. Exelby,

Please watch how you use the word opinion. Here is a link.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/opinion

Watch what you say about Rucchin. He's very tempermental and doesn't appreciate sarcastic remarks about his offense.

Now, back to XLB. I'll play your game. Someone asked when he'd be back and my OPINION is 35 seconds before his first penalty. Yes, I think that an emotional kid like X is going to be so excited to get back on ice that 1) he's going to try to lay the big hit and he will be called for an elbow or roughing, or 2) he's going to be a step slow after all that time and illness and he'll be called for holding or hooking.

But most people don't have the attention span to read all that, so I simply cut it short. Choose your emotional smiley below:

PS...it's spelled meant, not ment.

PSS...you shouldn't take anything from a forums board seriously. It'll lead to way too much stress.
Fair enough. I assumed you were taking a shot at X......and we all know what happens when you make assumptions. I can understand your reasoning for your comment, and while some people don't read long posts, some do, they tend to be the more insightful ones.

Old
12-29-2006, 04:12 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Actually, I do think X is a top 6 guy in Atlanta right now. I liked seeing him and McCarthy paired together. I saw them work preseason in practice and they were talking and moving like they'd been paired for years.

We'll see if the prediction holds. It won't surprise me. I just hope he doesn't give up a turnover or missed check leading to a goal.

Old
01-07-2007, 12:34 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post

here is a link.

Point 1. Exelby has 3 penalties in 2 games back.
Point 2. Rucchin has 2 assists in 2 games back, including one on the PP.

I believe there was some truth in my original statement.

Old
01-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Shameus

Quote:

Point 1. Exelby has 3 penalties in 2 games back.
Point 2. Rucchin has 2 assists in 2 games back, including one on the PP.

I believe there was some truth in my original statement.
One of the assists was because he won a face off back to Vish who shot it and Metro got the rebound. But he is playing OK. I still think he is an expensive 4th line center.

XLB has played great in his last 2 games. Inserted into the 2nd pairing and playing quality minutes. I know he shut down 2 breakaway/oddman rushes last night against the Caps. He has also only been on the ice for two goals against out of 8 scored the last 2 games. Compare that to Havelid 5, Hnidy 5, and deVries 3 which are the guys ahead of him in ice time. I think the PIMs are misleading when compared to how steady and stellar his play has been.

Old
01-15-2007, 05:29 PM
neelynugs

any news on sutton? he should be back early february, right?

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 05:08 AM
mytor4*

is mccarthy back yet

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 09:16 AM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytor4 View Post
is mccarthy back yet
According to the AJC beat writer, McCarthy will play tonight.

Sutton is practicing, but still with no contact.

flerd_trandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Now this sounds good, maybe McCarthy can come in and quarterback the PP to a degree until we can bring in someone with a bit more experience.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:33 PM
hydromel

sutton

from the thrashers website .... sutton is back in the game tomorrow; vish and coburn to sit;
hartley to discuss 'surplus' of d-men with waddell ................

havelid, devries, mccarthy, sutton, coburn, exelby, vish, hnidy

i imagine that cobrun is gonna go back down soon, unless dw has something about to be pulled out of his sleeve.

Last edited by hydromel: 01-29-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old
01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Magnus Fulgur

What??? Sutton isn't ready yet. Seeing him at practice five days ago he looked like he was coming along well...but he wasn't near ready.

As for Vish sitting instead of deVries...Vish's game is more like Sutton.
As for X not sitting instead of Vish: I'm not too sure.
As for Coburn still getting scratched, never seeing PP time, while the Niko and Slater Circus of Bad Hockey rolls on to another town: I'm definitely NOT sure about that.
As for Havelid remaining on the PP (I assume) I don't get that at all.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:50 PM
hydromel

from the ajc website.....

"After the loss to Philly, one where the power play continued to struggle, the talk around practice today was how to fix the special teams. The team worked a lot on the power play during the practice, and the penalty kill is about to get a major boost Andy Sutton will be back for the New Jersey game. That should help a penalty kill that is currently ranked 26th in the league.

Hartley said that the two defensemen sitting will be Vitaly Vishnevski and Braydon Coburn, he also expects to sit down with GM Don Waddell pretty soon to talk about future plans of the defense, which is now eight deep. If everybody stays healthy this week, expect Coburn to be sent back to Chicago. He needs ice time, and with the current set-up, hes not going to get it with the Thrashers."