HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why Trade any prospect???

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 03:13 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Why Trade any prospect???

On defence we would be in big time trouble if we didn't have hainsey and Komisarek for future, and even in Forward department we don't have excessive talent I'd say we have enough talent to make very good team in few years, So We can't afford to trade any prospect right now as most of them like Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Balez are raw and are making great improvement in their game, and don't say Hossa ain't worth it, because he's already learned how to play two way game, he has talent to be second line 30 goal scorer. And if getting a big power forward was so big of a priority then why didn't management go for Hugh Jessimen, Steve Bernier, or Brent Burns by moving down.

Old
11-30-2003, 04:20 AM
Medicine Twin

Komisarek, Hainsey, Higgins, Perezhogin, Higgins, and Kastsitsyn I would not trade. The rest of the prospects could go for the right price.

As for trading for a legit power forward... Forget About It!! These players are not a dime a dozen and your more likely to build them through your system. And one player, legit power forward or not, is not gonna save us.

I'd hate to see Gainey make a rash move that he and all of us would regret later.

Old
11-30-2003, 07:56 AM
Traitor8

Guys , look at the 2004 draft, it's full of big guys who can turn out to be power forwards. I would love to get my hands on O'Neil or Olesz in the first round and in the second , maybe Bruce Graham.

Old
11-30-2003, 09:27 AM
Habber

I'd trade pretty much any of our prospects if we got the right deal. For Komi and Katsy it would have to be something special, but anyone else would be fair game.

As good as we think Hainsey, Higgs, Hossa, Perzhogin, Pleks etc are I don't think any of them are sure fire NHL stars. I think there are going to be a lot of players floating around before next season and if we can get a good player cheap, even if it's for a prospect, I say go for it.

Old
11-30-2003, 09:34 AM
Traitor8

Higgins is ready for the Nhl as we speak
Hainsey just needs a spot and will prove himself, he is a +3 this year...
Perezhogin is sure talent, just needs adjustement to NA game
Plekanec is a good talent but will he ever play with the Habs or another team?
Balej->Very speedy and shifty, would look good on Ribeir's wing.
Hossa->Just needs more consistency and a leader to take him threw.

Old
11-30-2003, 10:29 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
And if getting a big power forward was so big of a priority then why didn't management go for Hugh Jessimen, Steve Bernier, or Brent Burns by moving down.
Trading down almost certainly wouldn't have landed Jessiman, who was taken at #12, only two notches below Kastsitsyn at #10. That means the Habs would have had to trade down exactly one notch, to #11, because if they had traded with the Rangers, the Rangers would have picked Jessiman at #10. Therefore, if Savard had really wanted Jessiman, he should have taken him immediately. As for Bernier or Burns, Savard seemed to feel that they wouldn't have been worth the loss of Kastsitsyn, who he thought has much greater upside even though he isn't a power forward. In fact, Kastsitsyn is said to the only Hab prospect with superstar potential.

Old
11-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Trading down almost certainly wouldn't have landed Jessiman, who was taken at #12, only two notches below Kastsitsyn at #10. That means the Habs would have had to trade down exactly one notch, to #11, because if they had traded with the Rangers, the Rangers would have picked Jessiman at #10. Therefore, if Savard had really wanted Jessiman, he should have taken him immediately. As for Bernier or Burns, Savard seemed to feel that they wouldn't have been worth the loss of Kastsitsyn, who he thought has much greater upside even though he isn't a power forward. In fact, Kastsitsyn is said to the only Hab prospect with superstar potential.

Remember that we should always draft the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE regardless of needs...down the line, in 3-4 years, those needs will not be the same as it is now... and Andrei Kostitsyn was rated a top 5 player and the habs were very surprised to see him slip out like that.

And by the way, Komisarek has superstar Potentiel too, when he got drafted, Pierre McGuire and Bob McKenzie were talking about how he could become a Derian Hatcher, Chris Pronger, Scott Stevens or Rob Blake. That's amazing company..

ROTISLAV OLESZ is a guy who I want to get next year.

Closed Thread