Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Sheppard

Old
12-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Chootoi

vCash: 500
James Sheppard

just a heads up, you can catch james sheppard by watching the pei/cape breton game tonight. game is free, you need real player to watch it though.

http://www.hockeywebcasts.com/qmjhl/capebreton.php

click the Eastlink link on the left.

game starts at 6:00 EST

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 04:16 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

good lookin out man

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Chootoi

for whoever didn't catch the game, sheppard had a hat-trick and a helper to go along, for 4 points, in a 7-4 win. nice showing after not being named to the canadian WJC camp which had to be a major bummer for him. his injury really affected his start to the season.

Old
12-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Chrisd

I hope James can be our future 2nd line center in Minnesota. With Mikko Koivu being our 1st line center.

Chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd View Post
I hope James can be our future 2nd line center in Minnesota. With Mikko Koivu being our 1st line center.
The way Koivu has looked lately, I think you're right about 1st line potential. He really is developing into a great player.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:08 AM
GreatWhiteLark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
The way Koivu has looked lately, I think you're right about 1st line potential. He really is developing into a great player.
I get to watch James a lot, as he plays for our local team in Junior.

There was a bit of controversy here, as he wasn't invited to the Canadian World Junior main camp. Honestly, his play thus far didn't warrant it as he wasn't dominating junior like he could. He was playing more of a perimeter game instead of a power game, but when he's on he looks like a man amoung boys. It just wasn't happening consistantly.

A few of us hoped that it (being left of the WJC selection) would piss James off, as when he's pissed of he is a great player if that makes sense. He's our team Captain and a true gentleman off the ice, but there's a few of us who wish he'd add some sandpaper to his game on more occassions.

Since the WJC snub, James has been a man on fire.

In 4 games since the December 4th invitations have went out, James has 3 goals and 5 assists for 8 points and has been really throwing the body around.

If anyone is interested, James and the Screaming Eagles play their main rivals the Halifax Mooseheads, a team James usually does well against (and the only team he has ever fought opposing players ). These two teams hate each other, so it might be worth a watch.

You can catch the game on the internet, and don't be alarmed if you see James on the 2nd line. We have a monster 1st with great chemistry, but James usually plays first unit PP and PK as well...around 17-20 minutes a game.)

Former Wild draft pick Jean-Claude Sawyer also play's for us, and it one of the best D men in the league right now. Plays around 30+ minutes a night for us.

http://events.startcast.com/events/l...A-2C521D7C70C5

You can actually do on the link now, as the camera right now is stationary over the net and you might get to see some early morning skates / practice, but tonight it is an actual broadcast.

Last edited by GreatWhiteLark: 12-16-2006 at 09:14 AM.
GreatWhiteLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 12:15 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glace Bay 'Bye View Post
I get to watch James a lot, as he plays for our local team in Junior.

There was a bit of controversy here, as he wasn't invited to the Canadian World Junior main camp. Honestly, his play thus far didn't warrant it as he wasn't dominating junior like he could. He was playing more of a perimeter game instead of a power game, but when he's on he looks like a man amoung boys. It just wasn't happening consistantly.

A few of us hoped that it (being left of the WJC selection) would piss James off, as when he's pissed of he is a great player if that makes sense. He's our team Captain and a true gentleman off the ice, but there's a few of us who wish he'd add some sandpaper to his game on more occassions.

Since the WJC snub, James has been a man on fire.

In 4 games since the December 4th invitations have went out, James has 3 goals and 5 assists for 8 points and has been really throwing the body around.

If anyone is interested, James and the Screaming Eagles play their main rivals the Halifax Mooseheads, a team James usually does well against (and the only team he has ever fought opposing players ). These two teams hate each other, so it might be worth a watch.

You can catch the game on the internet, and don't be alarmed if you see James on the 2nd line. We have a monster 1st with great chemistry, but James usually plays first unit PP and PK as well...around 17-20 minutes a game.)

Former Wild draft pick Jean-Claude Sawyer also play's for us, and it one of the best D men in the league right now. Plays around 30+ minutes a night for us.

http://events.startcast.com/events/l...A-2C521D7C70C5

You can actually do on the link now, as the camera right now is stationary over the net and you might get to see some early morning skates / practice, but tonight it is an actual broadcast.

The thing with the invitations that got me was that he could be used in the shutdown role- he was put in the role at the u-18's (I think), and shut Tlusty down. He is versatile like that, maybe it was more a question of his skating on the big rink in sweden?

I cant wait to see this kid in a minnesota uni tho...

where would I get a cape breton jersey?

Old
12-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Chootoi

you can catch sheppard in the cape breton/halifax game today:
http://www.hockeywebcasts.com/qmjhl/halifax.php

it's free. game is about halfway through the first period as i write this.

Old
12-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Chrisd

Sheppard had 4 goals yesterday and i guess shoulda had 5...missed a open netter or something.

Anyways, since the first couple weeks of the season, when his back was still bothering him and conditioning might have been an issue he's been VERY GOOD.

Pouliot and Sheppard look to be 2 big parts of the wild future on offense.

I know he didn't make team Canada, but I think he has the talent to play for that squad easily, on the top 2 lines. People are gonna view him as a bust pick, as of now, cuz he was a top 10 pick and didnt make team canada, but I think in the end he's gonna be a very solid player.

Old
12-29-2006, 10:52 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd View Post
Sheppard had 4 goals yesterday and i guess shoulda had 5...missed a open netter or something.

Anyways, since the first couple weeks of the season, when his back was still bothering him and conditioning might have been an issue he's been VERY GOOD.

Pouliot and Sheppard look to be 2 big parts of the wild future on offense.

I know he didn't make team Canada, but I think he has the talent to play for that squad easily, on the top 2 lines. People are gonna view him as a bust pick, as of now, cuz he was a top 10 pick and didnt make team canada, but I think in the end he's gonna be a very solid player.

Bust and James Sheppard dont belong in the same sentence. I thought Shep was one of the safer prospects from the draft?

If anything, not making team canada will light a fire under his arse, and if anything he'll be on the squad next year. But *******, I love this kid as a prospect. He and Koivu down the middle will be a very very solid 1-2 punch.

Old
01-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Chootoi

FYI, you have another chance to catch james sheppard in the cape breton/ halifax game tonight. once again it's free to watch:

http://www.hockeywebcasts.com/qmjhl/halifax.php

click either the aliant live video link, or the Eastlink link on the left. both stations are broadcasting the game tonight. Eastlink needs real player though.

game starts at 6:00 EST

Old
01-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

How'd he perform?

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
How'd he perform?
2 goals on the night and led everyone in the game with 9 shots. he was also fairly dominant in the faceoff circle. not real physical tonight though like he can be.

cape breton lost 6-4

Old
01-05-2007, 11:40 PM
PanniniClaus

James is a giant cornucoppia of awesomeness.

PanniniClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanniniClaus View Post
James is a giant cornucoppia of awesomeness.
juss reelly reelly goode der eh?

Old
01-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Chootoi

tonight you can catch sheppard again as cape breton is in moncton. the game is once again free to watch:

http://www.hockeywebcasts.com/qmjhl/moncton.php

click the aliant live video link. game starts at 6:00 EST

EDIT: the game is in the third period right now. james just scored his 3rd of the night. he's been a monster.

Last edited by Chootoi: 01-06-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old
01-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Chrisd

maybe we won't be sad afterall on missing out on minny boys okposo and mueller sounds like sheppard has a little game in him....

Old
01-07-2007, 01:45 PM
State of Hockey

Thanks for the links. I was able to watch the Halifax game, and Sheppard was impressive. I like what I'm seeing from him.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

keep this thread going, I'm lovin the free links

Old
01-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
keep this thread going, I'm lovin the free links
no prob. i'll make sure to post them when they are available.

tonight you can get the bathurst/cape breton game for free. you need real player to watch it though, which is free too.

http://www.hockeywebcasts.com/qmjhl/capebreton.php
click the eastlink link on the left. game starts at 6:00 EST

Old
01-13-2007, 08:01 PM
iamcaper

Send a message via ICQ to iamcaper
If anybody is interested in radio broadcasts you can catch all of the Eagles games, featuring James Sheppard, on CJCB radio:

http://english.aliant.net/asx/CJCB.asx

iamcaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 10:56 AM
8baby*

I am currently following the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles and Sheppard is so hot the stick is melting in his hand.Last night he scored a beautiful game winning goal on an end to end rush for a 5-4 victory over Acadie Bathurst Titan from New BRunswick in the Maritimes of the QMJHL.The night before he had 4 assists in a 7 -2 romp over the same N.B. squad.He is one of the best players in the Canadian Hockey League even though Team Canada snubbed him.He was way better then alot of players that made that team.This guy is a sure fire player to make the wild soon.The team he is on is very good now and should make a good attempt at getting to the Memorial Cup in Vancover this year.I believe Sheppard has about had 57 points in 21 games before this weekend asnd I know for sure he had 4 assists in the 1st game and in the second game he scored a beautiful winning goal on an end to end rush with 45 seconds left.They are trying to catch Lewisto Maine for 1st place and in 11 days play 2 games head to head at home vs them.The Eagles also just completed a huge trade with Moncton Wildcats and picked up Luc Bourdon and 2 other solid veterens.Bourdon od like +27 in 11 games.He scored the game tying goal vs USA in wjHl semi final.He will really help Sheppard because he is near impossible to get around one on one and thus guys like James will be on offence more.Sheppard is a can't miss for Wild.Size 16 feet.He is a horse.He carrys guys on his back out of the corner to the net.Man he is good the last month.You guys are lucky getting him I tell ya.

Last edited by 8baby*: 01-14-2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: felt up to it.
8baby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 11:08 AM
8baby*

You can callCentre 200 in Sydney Nova Scotia,They have a shop there and sell game worn jerseys by Sheppard and other for 131.00 dollars.The Eagles nest is the name of the shop.

8baby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 11:17 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8baby View Post
You can callCentre 200 in Sydney Nova Scotia,They have a shop there and sell game worn jerseys by Sheppard and other for 131.00 dollars.The Eagles nest is the name of the shop.
good looks

Old
01-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Chootoi

you can get the cape breton/PEI game tonight for free (6:00 EST). you need real player though. you can get the link to the game here:

http://www.hockeywebcasts.com/news/20070115.php

further to that, you can watch Anthony Aiello in the Boston College/Vermont game tonight at 8:00 EST. it's also free. you can get the link for that game at the above address too.